Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Caprica
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Caprica
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Caprica Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Caprica

No new posts 07-08-2008 11:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope this show can console me, once BSG is finished!

No new posts 07-08-2008 11:55 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw this preview at the BSG panel I went to while at the Comicon.
It looks like it might be worth trying.

No new posts 07-08-2008 14:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Summer39 Summer39 is a Female

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-02-2008

spacer

Hi guys!

I know it's been a while, but I've been lurking rather than adding my two cents worth.

"Caprica" looks like it might be worthy of checking out. I hope it's aired on Friday nights; that's one of my nights off from work. Thanks Metaliant for the link!

Does anyone here check out the anime on IFC between 11p-12midnight on Fridays? "SpeedGrapher" and "Gunslinger Girl" are being shown.

No new posts 07-08-2008 14:57 Summer39 is offline Send an Email to Summer39 Search for Posts by Summer39 Add Summer39 to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Summer39
Hi guys!

I know it's been a while, but I've been lurking rather than adding my two cents worth.

"Caprica" looks like it might be worthy of checking out. I hope it's aired on Friday nights; that's one of my nights off from work. Thanks Metaliant for the link!

Does anyone here check out the anime on IFC between 11p-12midnight on Fridays? "SpeedGrapher" and "Gunslinger Girl" are being shown.

I've been watching Gunslinger Girl but I haven't seen Speed Grapher. I'll see if I can go to my anime store and rent that. I have also been watching Samuai 7 on IFC.

No new posts 07-08-2008 18:22 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I saw this preview at the BSG panel I went to while at the Comicon.
It looks like it might be worth trying.

You saw a BSG panel? Was it the same panel that's in the video clip labelled "Comic Con: Battlestar Galactica Panel" on the link Met provided?

Now I have even more reasons to envy you!

No new posts 07-08-2008 18:34 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
You saw a BSG panel? Was it the same panel that's in the video clip labelled "Comic Con: Battlestar Galactica Panel" on the link Met provided?

Now I have even more reasons to envy you!

I wasn't at that one, but chances are, yes, it was the same one. They have AWESOME panels at Comic Con. You should come next year, LB... Poke

No new posts 07-08-2008 19:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I didn't really get into BSG like i thought I would. I think its because I don't have cable and they only showed half of the first season on free to air TV. Still it does look good Caprica.

No new posts 07-08-2008 22:17 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I suspect it was the same panel. They were great giving us hints about what to expect in the next season and also telling us about their favourite times while filming the entire series.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 07-08-2008 at 23:00.
No new posts 07-08-2008 23:00 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Summer39
Hi guys!

Summer! It's so good to see you around again! How have you been? Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-08-2008 23:02 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I suspect it was the same panel. They were great giving us hints about what to expect in the next season and also telling us about their favourite times while filming the entire series.

Was it the panel with Ron Moore, David Eick, Baltar, Six, Anders, Lee and Starbuck?

Did you have to stand in an enormous long line, or buy special tickets, to get in?

I have a chance to attend a con. The Gen Con in Indianapolis is coming up soon. I need to find out how I can see Rich Burlew, creator of the web comic Order of the Stick -supposedly he's going to be there, releasing his latest book.

No new posts 08-08-2008 01:41 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes that was who was in the panel in San Diego. I only say suspect because I am not sure if they may have done another panel else where.

We had to line up to get in, and were lucky that we made it in ... the room was very crowded. Luckily TJ's DH held a spot in line for me while I was off having a photo taken. Smile

No new posts 08-08-2008 02:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow. I watched the hour-long clip of the panel on the SciFi website, but it would be have been so much cooler to have actually been there.

No new posts 08-08-2008 03:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I have a chance to attend a con. The Gen Con in Indianapolis is coming up soon. I need to find out how I can see Rich Burlew, creator of the web comic Order of the Stick -supposedly he's going to be there, releasing his latest book.

FWIW, LB. my DH (who went to the Battlestar Galactica panel is jealous... he wants to go to GenCon and has never been. And meeting Rich Burlew... cool!!!!

No new posts 08-08-2008 03:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

FWIW, LB. my DH (who went to the Battlestar Galactica panel is jealous... he wants to go to GenCon and has never been. And meeting Rich Burlew... cool!!!!

I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that he was going to be at the Gen Con (maybe I read something that was for a previous year), but I've just been reading all the info. downloads at the Gen Con site, and he's not mentioned. I guess his book is being premiered, but he's not going to be there. Still, I think it's worth going, especially as the event schedule lists a lot of anime that will be shown there.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 08-08-2008 at 22:49.
No new posts 08-08-2008 13:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Rich Burlew has been at Gen Con in the past, and it's likely he will be again... but he has a lot of health issues and I think he just doesn't want to commit to it. Last year he signed on to be at the San Diego Comic Con and canceled and fans were very unhappy.

No new posts 08-08-2008 22:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I will go, even if he isn't there. The Gen Con runs from this Thursday, until Sunday. Am I correct in thinking that it will be less crowded on the Thursday and Friday? I might just get a one day pass for the Thursday or the Friday.

No new posts 08-08-2008 22:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Not having been to that Con, I can't say for sure, but generally Thursday would be the least crowded Day and Saturday the most popular day for a 4 day Con. Friday is probably less crowded than Sunday, unless there are some major events on Friday.

ETA: Well Rich just posted on his site that he won't be at GenCon, but his book will be on sale with a free Elan magnet! And I guess he's having a deal on buying the older books too. So at least you can check out the booth!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 10-08-2008 at 02:51.
No new posts 08-08-2008 23:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I was at the Gen Con today, and I got the Elan magnet!

Wow, I wish I was more active in RPGs, because there was a LOT going on. After I snagged my copy of "War and XPs" I walked around a lot, checked out merchandise and some attendees' costumes, and made my way to the anime section and watched about 3 hours of anime there (Zombie Loan, and Otoboku).

Quite a skewed gender ratio at the Gen Con -I think it was easily 10:1, male to female!

No new posts 14-08-2008 18:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Whoo hoo! Elan magnet! I have a Belkar one, but Elan would be much better... Wink

If you ever want to learn about RPGs, come pay me a visit. We'll set up a game for you... ir you cold just watch the Gamers movies. I dragged Springie and CD to the premiere of Gamers 2 at Comic Con and they enjoyed it despite themselves. ROFL 2

ETA: Oh, and yeah, there aren't as many female gamers. I don't know why. But the SCA seems to attract 40% women. Shrug

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 14-08-2008 at 21:31.
No new posts 14-08-2008 21:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: