Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Which Swan is your fave?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Which is the Swan of Swans?
Jun vote leftpercentvote right 8 50.00%
Princess vote leftpercentvote right 6 37.50%
Kelly vote leftpercentvote right 1 6.25%
Agatha Jun vote leftpercentvote right 1 6.25%
OVA Jun vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Total: 16 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Which Swan is your fave?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Which Swan is your fave? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

From all the different versions which Swan wins as being the most popular?

No new posts 07-07-2008 07:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Kelly for me! I grew up with her for once! And she isn't so focused on bagging the Eagle either! There's very little hints of Eagle/Swan romance in ER! A lot more Condor /Swan, though!

No new posts 07-07-2008 08:53 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Thunderbird Thunderbird is a Male
God of Thunder

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-04-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I went with Princess just because Janet Waldo has he best bedroom voice on when she speaks.....Smile

No new posts 07-07-2008 11:28 Thunderbird is offline Send an Email to Thunderbird Homepage of Thunderbird Search for Posts by Thunderbird Add Thunderbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I had to go with Princess for nostalgia purposes...she came first for me...even though she looks like Jay Leno in the ready room (poor thing)... Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-07-2008 11:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

For me, it's Jun, but I think this is mostly because she's, far and away, the one I'm most familiar with.

No new posts 07-07-2008 13:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I grew up wanting to be Princess, but I think Jun is gutsier and stands up more to the Eagle. So I voted for her.

(And Amy, I agree with you... Kelly is much more interested in the Condor than the Eagle, although there's ONE ep toward the end of the series that makes it seem like she's developing something with Hunter.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 07-07-2008 at 13:55.
No new posts 07-07-2008 13:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I grew up with Princess too but after watching Gatchaman, Jun has more dimensions to her character--caring, tough, gutsy, sympathetic. She is the glue that holds the team together I think. Swan

No new posts 07-07-2008 17:05 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

And Amy, I agree with you... Kelly is much more interested in the Condor than the Eagle, although there's ONE ep toward the end of the series that makes it seem like she's developing something with Hunter.

Reminescences from the original Gatch I guess.

Maybe is just me, but while I had the feeling Kelly did most of the job in ER. She was the one with the always clear mind who found the weak spots in Vorak's plans, shook sense into the boys while caring for Mickey and running the J!

Gatch Jun is my second choice!

No new posts 07-07-2008 19:07 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

This one is a tough one... do I go more for nostalgia or for one that does have a tougher side... Mind you, both Swans kick some major arse though...

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-07-2008 23:28 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I have to agree... I had a hard time choosing between Princess and Jun... Princess due to nostalgia reasons, plus I think she stood her ground with the boys more than Jun did. She wasn't tougher than Jun, but at least Princess wasn't exclaiming "Mark, what are we going to do??" every 5 seconds or agreeing with his every order..... (and yes, I'm exaggerating!!!)

Jun, on the other hand, was the toughest of the Swans and could hold her own no matter what. Plus her backstory and "nurturing" side made her a more compelling character.

So even though it was a tough call, I went with Jun.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 08-07-2008 00:36 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Jun's doing well!!

Wow and i thought it would be Princess.

No new posts 08-07-2008 02:44 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Jun's doing well!!

Wow and I thought it would be Princess.

Jun when you watch a lot of Eps does keep the team together. Without her they would be all running off doing their own thing.

No new posts 08-07-2008 02:45 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
I have to agree... I had a hard time choosing between Princess and Jun... Princess due to nostalgia reasons, plus I think she stood her ground with the boys more than Jun did. She wasn't tougher than Jun, but at least Princess wasn't exclaiming "Mark, what are we going to do??" every 5 seconds or agreeing with his every order..... (and yes, I'm exaggerating!!!)

Jun, on the other hand, was the toughest of the Swans and could hold her own no matter what. Plus her backstory and "nurturing" side made her a more compelling character.

So even though it was a tough call, I went with Jun.

ITA - it's a nostalgia vs. gutsy girl question. I went with nostalgia on the Mark/Ken vs. Jason/Joe question, but I think I have to go with the tough and gutsy Jun on this question. That one appeals more to the adult me.

(And, I think it is easier in some ways to pair Princess with either of those boys then Jun. I think Jun needs a man less then Princess does . . . but I'm relatively new to the world of Gatch so I'm not standing very strongly on that soap box - please feel free to knock me down, it will be easy).

No new posts 08-07-2008 04:10 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Go girl your picking up that character traits very well.

Jun does strike me as independent, she runs her own business and she's raising a 10yr old with three guys that sponge off her, thats no easy feat.

(They admit in one Ep that they all have tabs at the Snack J.)

No new posts 08-07-2008 04:58 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

ITA that Jun doesn't NEED a man... but it sure would be nice for that poor, hardworking Girl! Big Grin

No new posts 08-07-2008 13:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Go girl your picking up that character traits very well.

Thank you! Blushing
That is such a huge compliment especially coming from one of the masters (mistresses?) of characterization! But I have to attribute the vast majority of my "insight" to reading everyone's great fics!

I also think there is a difference between needing a man and wanting a man - and deserving a man for that matter. I think all of that gets mixed into each Swan in different amounts and that is part of what sets them apart and changes the nature of whether we see them with a particular Condor or Eagle.

No new posts 08-07-2008 19:22 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: