Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Versus
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Versus
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zero Shift Zero Shift is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-05-2004

spacer
Versus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Versus is just a testment to the fact that Japanese cinema is so much cooler than America's standard stuff.

It's an action/horror movie directed by Ryuhei Kitamura (the same guy who directed all of the new action scenes in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes). It's a low-budget movie, but the action far exceeds other movies with a $100 million budget. There's also a lot of gore, but the gore is low-budget, like Dead Alive or Evil Dead, so it looks hilarious.

That's another thing about this movie. It's also funny as hell at certain times. It plays a LOT like an anime as well.

I'd recommend Versus to anyone who wants to a see a really over-the-top original action movie. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

You got to lose to know how to win

No new posts 14-05-2004 17:33 Zero Shift is offline Send an Email to Zero Shift Search for Posts by Zero Shift Add Zero Shift to your Buddy List Add Zero Shift to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ChthonianGod
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmm sounds interesting. I have to say I prefer some of the Japanese/Chinese market films whether in English or Native.

Like the original Ring Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 19-05-2004 15:52 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Was this the one where they put a load of teens on an island and told them to kill each other?

My uncle liked it. He said the acting was very good

No new posts 19-05-2004 18:48 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Wasn't that Battle Royale?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 19-05-2004 20:09 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Battle Royale was the school in the future. Tokyo I think were they were told to kill each other and if they didn't they'd be shot there and then.

The original ring is the Japanese (or was it chinese Thinking ) version of the recently released Hollywood version "The Ring" were if you watch a video you die within 24 hours etc.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 19-05-2004 21:55 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Zero Shift Zero Shift is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-05-2004

spacer

For some reason, Versus keeps getting compared to Ringu. Versus may have some aspects of horror, but it's first and foremost an action movie. Like I said too, it's got a lot of that dark humor like Evil Dead or Braindead.

Kitamura said he wanted to make this movie to prove that you don't need a big budget and crazy CG effects to make a truly awesome action movie. He totally succeeded there. He's also going to be directing the action cutscenes in the game Devil May Cry 3.

You got to lose to know how to win

No new posts 20-05-2004 02:10 Zero Shift is offline Send an Email to Zero Shift Search for Posts by Zero Shift Add Zero Shift to your Buddy List Add Zero Shift to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ChthonianGod
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: