Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Sad news...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sad news...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Sad news... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

After a long battle with kidney disease (4 years longer than she had been given by the vet to live) Sugar was put to sleep on Friday. We believe she had a stroke as she couldn't walk, and seemed that she couldn't see suddenly.

RIP Sugar You will be missed!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 22-03-2008 at 09:01.
No new posts 22-03-2008 09:00 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know what its like to put down a pet.

No new posts 22-03-2008 12:25 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Kimi I'm sorry for Sugar. She seem such a gentle being!

No new posts 22-03-2008 12:49 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Condolences Kimi, its never a nice time when a family pet dies. Therethere

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 22-03-2008 13:09 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

My heart goes out to you, Kimiko. I've been in that situation too.

No new posts 22-03-2008 13:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

So sorry to hear this, Kimi! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-03-2008 13:57 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

I am so sorry to hear that, Kimi.

Big hugs to you~

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 22-03-2008 14:30 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Kimi, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet.

Huggles

No new posts 22-03-2008 14:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

My condolences, Kimi. I hope you're able to find comfort in all the happy memories you have of Sugar.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 22-03-2008 15:15 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Sorry to hear of your loss Kimi... Losing a family pet is tough. I've had to put one down myself and found this poem to be of comfort. May it help you now too.

unknown author on this poem.......

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together,
but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group,
flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 22-03-2008 16:00 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
RE: Sad news... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am sorry for your loss, Kimi. Huggles

No new posts 22-03-2008 16:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

I too am sorry for your pet loss Kimi, I know how it feels all too well.
If you think it may help there are forums for people who recently lost a pet out there. They helped me.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 22-03-2008 16:30 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Thanks so much everyone! I apreiciate it! Huggles

As for being a "gentle soul"--I'll always remember when she went "Xena Warrior Princess" on my throat and just about TKO'd me! LOL!

She was DH's Grandma's cat and she had her declawed. But she could punch!

No new posts 22-03-2008 19:46 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

I'm so sorry for your loss Kimiko. I've experienced it too. Huggles

No new posts 22-03-2008 22:08 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Awwee Kimi... poor Sugar Huggles

No new posts 23-03-2008 20:46 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

I been there to.....

It sucks..

Let her RIP.

No new posts 24-03-2008 15:19 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Hugs to your family. A pet is a great comfort, and it's horible when we have to say goodbye.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-03-2008 16:32 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Huggles Kimi! The loss of a pet is always heartbreaking, but moreso when it's a pet you've had most of your life.

It's probably the one loss that most people can identify with.

Both you and Sugar are in my thoughts and prayers - and always remember that Sugar will be there waiting for you when it's your time as well.

Funnily enough, I find the most cnosolation from Terry Pratchett (and I'm going to paraphrase here as my copy of the book "Reaper Man" is with mum in Mackay at the moment) in "Reaper Man" when he said that a person (and I consider animals in that too) cannot truly be said to have died until the last ripple from their last action has dissappeared.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 24-03-2008 20:24 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I am sorry Kimi, I know what it's like to lose a pet.

No new posts 29-03-2008 10:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

SOrry for your loss Kimi Huggles

No new posts 16-04-2008 09:20 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: