Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Holiday Thread
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Holiday Thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Holiday Thread Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not sure how many Americans are here...and I know the Canadians have already feasted...but Happy Thanksgiving, anyway! Biglaugh1

Jun has finally grown tired of the cooking jokes...and the guys are going to have to live with TV dinners this year! Don't they look pitiful? Heehee...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 20-11-2007 at 01:08.
No new posts 20-11-2007 01:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am not sure if that box is enough for all four of them to eat. Wink

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you South of the Boarder.
I hope you have all Catchchicken
So you can cook and Hmmchicken it.

Springie, for some reason that last smilie always makes me think of Jun's exploding Turkey that you and TJ wrote about. Rabbit Not sure why.

No new posts 20-11-2007 01:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Bwahahahaha! CD, that is TOTALLY the turkey mecha!! That fic still makes me laugh...it is so ridiculous!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-11-2007 01:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

That's hilarious, Springie! I love the Gatcha-Thanksgiving image. I was thinking about Jun's exploding turkey as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends south of the border. Wink

thumbsup2

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 20-11-2007 01:33 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

You know, I celebrate Thanksgiving in November now, but I always think of it as being so late... even now...

Still, I like that it is basically the starting gun for Christmas celebrations. I can hardly wait for that part of it! Noel

No new posts 20-11-2007 02:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I don't have thanksgiving here in Aus, but that is a funny pic Springie!

I wonder if Jun is giggling in the background some where!

No new posts 20-11-2007 05:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
zoessister zoessister is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

spacer
Holiday Thread Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I also wish all who live in the US a Happy Thanksgiving and to all our other friends not celebrating,I hope you all have a great day.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by zoessister on 20-11-2007 at 06:30.
No new posts 20-11-2007 06:26 zoessister is offline Send an Email to zoessister Search for Posts by zoessister Add zoessister to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
RE: Holiday Thread Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Not sure how many Americans are here...and I know the Canadians have already feasted...but Happy Thanksgiving, anyway! Biglaugh1

Jun has finally grown tired of the cooking jokes...and the guys are going to have to live with TV dinners this year! Don't they look pitiful? Heehee...

Oh Springie I love that! It's perfect!!! Ken looking misearable and Joe is his usualy bored self.

No new posts 20-11-2007 12:51 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

To all of us that celebrate it... may it be a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchgirl on 20-11-2007 at 14:02.
No new posts 20-11-2007 14:01 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I'll drink and eat to that! Cheers!

No new posts 20-11-2007 15:05 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Well Turkey roast sounds good! So have some turkey for me, I'd cook a Pavalova for dessert...LOL

Lamb roast is the most popular here!

Christmas is coming up and I'm going to post my Chrissy cards to all who have given addresses today...

No new posts 20-11-2007 22:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Honestly, I hate turkey, and DH does too. I roast a chicken for Thanksgiving. Hmmchicken

Am I still allowed to play here? Hiding

No new posts 20-11-2007 22:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It is still a bird, so I do not see why not. Chicken
Have you tried duck or goose TJ?

No new posts 20-11-2007 22:34 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep, but we prefer chicken, and it's the right size for the four/five of us. Plus, white meat ROCKS! Duck is all dark meat and goose is fatty...

No new posts 20-11-2007 22:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That is how I feel about duck and goose as well.

Our family of 4 usually enjoys a turkey at the holidays and then 'love' the left overs, especially in sandwiches and soup.

Mmmmm! Hot soup on a cold day. I am now looking forward to the arrival of the snow, but then I love winter and snow.

No new posts 20-11-2007 22:47 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I have to admit, I do NOT miss the snow. I am going into my 13th winter with little to no snow (only snow when we drive 3 hours+ to reach it) and I LOVE it. Big Grin

I especially do not miss scraping ice off of my car. Wink

No new posts 20-11-2007 23:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I do a roast chook ever now and then..Lamb with rosemary and tyme is yummy.

I only tried Roasted Turkey for the first time about 3 yrs ago.It is not popular here for Christmas. Too expensive.

We have a cold ham leg, and cold chicken for meats at this time of year...Salads and trifle and Pavalova is what we have on the 25th Dec. Can you imagine on a 40 degree celsius day (Christmas day is often very hot, great for a family game of cricket!) cooking a hot roast meal, even with Air conditioning it is not such a good idea to heat up the house and sweat over a hot meal.

Some people still do it, but not many Aussies go for the hot meal at lunch time Christmas day....

No new posts 20-11-2007 23:19 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I have to admit, I do NOT miss the snow. I am going into my 13th winter with little to no snow (only snow when we drive 3 hours+ to reach it) and I LOVE it. Big Grin

I especially do not miss scraping ice off of my car. Wink

That is why I keep my car in the garage. It also give me extra time to Sleep3 in the morning. Unfortunately when at work, I have to scrap if we get any snow or ice during the day.

No new posts 21-11-2007 00:04 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
We have a cold ham leg, and cold chicken for meats at this time of year...Salads and trifle and Pavalova is what we have on the 25th Dec. Can you imagine on a 40 degree celsius day (Christmas day is often very hot, great for a family game of cricket!) cooking a hot roast meal, even with Air conditioning it is not such a good idea to heat up the house and sweat over a hot meal.

Some people still do it, but not many Aussies go for the hot meal at lunch time Christmas day....

We have a similar problem in July for our Canada Day holiday. That is when our family gets out the BBQ and throws on a leg of lamb. Then, as you say, the salads and dessert. Then when the sun finally sets, out to the Fireworks Display with something cold to eat or drink.

No new posts 21-11-2007 00:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

We like to do the outdoor BBQ thing in July... Big Grin

No new posts 21-11-2007 02:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: