Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Robotech coming on Space
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Robotech coming on Space
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Robotech coming on Space Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hubby's all excited and he wanted me to post this for all you canucks that may be interested.

Starting Jan. 7th, Space is airing Robotech. Don't know what time (he forgot that part). But that's his contribution here. Robot

No new posts 18-12-2007 15:43 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When he finds out the time let us know.
I remember reading the books as a youngster.
I had a whole collection. I would like to see how the books differed from the show, if they did.

No new posts 18-12-2007 16:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry make that Jan. 9th...

No new posts 18-12-2007 16:26 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Cool! I love the Macross portion of Robotech (have them all on DVD)! Personally, I think Carl Macek will have his personal place in hell for the butchering of the anime that he did. Okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating a bit but he could never leave well enough alone. He must have went to the Sandy Frank school of importing Japanese anime. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 18-12-2007 16:35 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I do remember watching Robotech as a kid. Not sure what version or anything it was. Just remember a character named Lisa in the one that I watched...

Anyone know which version was shown back in the 80's? Cause I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 19-12-2007 19:59 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
I do remember watching Robotech as a kid. Not sure what version or anything it was. Just remember a character named Lisa in the one that I watched...

Anyone know which version was shown back in the 80's? Cause I wouldn't mind seeing it.

If Lisa was in it then that's the Macross series (the best of the bunch IMNSHO). Robotech is three different animes stitched together and rewritten as one over-arching story.

It starts with The Macross Saga (aka The Super Dimension Fortress Macross) for 36 episodes. Then it is The Robotech Masters (aka Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross) for 24 episodes, and finally The New Generation (aka Genesis Climber Mospeada) for 25 episodes.

Wikipedia has a good article on the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech_%28TV_series%29

I would love to see the original animes without the mucking about that Carl Macek did.

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 19-12-2007 at 20:09.
No new posts 19-12-2007 20:09 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I haven't seen Robotech in ages. Hope they replay it over here.

No new posts 24-12-2007 17:10 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X
Cool! I love the Macross portion of Robotech (have them all on DVD)! Personally, I think Carl Macek will have his personal place in hell for the butchering of the anime that he did. Okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating a bit but he could never leave well enough alone. He must have went to the Sandy Frank school of importing Japanese anime. Wink

I'm not Macek's biggest fan either, but he basically HAD to connect the three shows together as he did. He originally just wanted to bring Macross over with very minimal alteration, but a syndicated weekday run required at least 65 episodes at the time (and Macross was nearly 30 eps short), so he had to add the other two series into the mix to reach that mark. I think he and his team did pretty well given the short amount of time they had to get it together.

I'll always like the Macross chapter best, but I think the other two parts are great too. I love the music, the voice acting, and the sound effects. One of the best space operas ever! I thought the new Shadow Chronicles OAV was fantastic too, but unfortunately it didn't cover much new ground. I really hope the powers-that-be decide to continue the story soon, and not make us wait another 20 years for more material!

No new posts 25-12-2007 03:40 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Tim for that information. May have to go looking for it, with my Christmas money.

No new posts 25-12-2007 11:39 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Tony I sent you a PM on something I have thats up for grabs... let me know your thoughts on it... K?

No new posts 25-12-2007 11:52 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
Sorry make that Jan. 9th...

Kimi did you find a time for this or am I going to have to go searching the Rogers guide on my TV to discover the time.

Oh.... or I may be able to do a computer search. Lets see .... TV listings

No new posts 03-01-2008 01:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OH! Oh! Oh! I found it. It took some searching but I found it.

It is starting Monday, January 7 at 5:00 and again at 5:30 and runs all week. That is 10 episodes a week.

I guess I will have to make sure I am at home by 5:00 for the next little while.

No new posts 03-01-2008 01:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad you found the times for it CD...I haven't been able to pry DH from the Guitar Hero yet and when he does put it down..Family Guy reruns are usually on. So I haven't been able to get the info on that!

No new posts 03-01-2008 09:22 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: