Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Haaaa! Monkey!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Haaaa! Monkey!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Haaaa! Monkey! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So it's not anime, nor a cartoon. But there is a new series of Monkey being made! Monkey, that in its english form had UK kids (and austalian ones too I suspect) rushing around in the school playgrounds going whup, whup, whup and pretending to pull magic staffs out of their ears.

The english version mainly used episodes that were timed for laughs and scripts definitely had pantomime leanings, and it was an extraordinary import.

New Monkey

The Gatch connection? Monkey is to be played by one of the guys from SMAP, who were of course in the flashy and slick live action NTT ads.

I wonder if this version will end up on mainstream english language tv as well?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 16-02-2006 09:09 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Cool. I've seen a bit of the original version (not a lot). I remember enjoying it.

No new posts 16-02-2006 18:27 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Its availible on DVD

"Oi, wanna fight?"

No new posts 16-02-2006 21:31 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's on ITV4 at 6pm every day in the uk as well.

I've got a few of the dvds. It's a fun show. I'm assuming that this new version would keep that sense of fun.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 16-02-2006 22:09 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

The review I read states it misses out on a few things from the new series but hopely it will for the main part stay true to it

No new posts 17-02-2006 21:42 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

I've got a few of the dvds. It's a fun show. I'm assuming that this new version would keep that sense of fun.

Actually it's not on ITV4 at 6pm everyday in the UK but it's only on Fridays at 6pm on ITV4.

It was on BBC2 about tea time and then repeated on Channel 4 recently which even found the episodes that weren't translated in English first time round in the 70s but were translated into English by the original cast as well.

I wonder what this is new series is going to be like.

No new posts 17-02-2006 22:41 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

and more importantly, out on DVD...

No new posts 17-02-2006 22:42 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

Actually it's not on ITV4 at 6pm everyday in the UK but it's only on Fridays at 6pm on ITV4.

It was on BBC2 about tea time and then repeated on Channel 4 recently which even found the episodes that weren't translated in English first time round in the 70s but were translated into English by the original cast as well.

I wonder what this is new series is going to be like.

Oops, I'd assumed that because I saw it listed on both Thursday and Friday (the only nights I've been home on time to see it) that it was every night. My bad, tis Thursday and Friday. Saturday evening they have the Water Margin on at 6pm.

Those extra expisodes were on the DVDs as well, one per DVD I think. I'm sure they left them out the first time round because they weren't comedy oriented. At least, the ones I saw were quite serious.

No new posts 18-02-2006 09:17 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have been watching the Water Margin and enjoying it more than Monkey.

It's been at least more than 20 years since I watched either Monkey and the Water Margin.

God I am old.

No new posts 18-02-2006 13:54 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

<nods>

No new posts 18-02-2006 22:01 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't tell me you are an OAP like me are you?

No new posts 18-02-2006 23:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: