Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Cyborg Professor
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cyborg Professor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Cyborg Professor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

just in case you haven't heard about him yet

Professor Steve Mann of the University of Toronto is the world's first true cyborg, a melding of man and machine. A super computer he is plugged into allows him to control body functions by thought, instantly take measurements that would require teams of scientists and allows him such beyond human senses as radar. He predicts he is the first of a new evolution of humans.

Saw a documentary about him several months ago and it was interesting.

http://www.editinternational.com/read.php?id=47dde4a480e22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mann

No new posts 08-01-2014 11:01 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure I agree that he's a cyborg. He wears stuff all the time but to me a cyborg has it surgically integrated into their bodies. (Maybe he does but I don't recall reading/hearing that.)

So far there seems to be more enthusiasm for wearing such gear than being filmed by it. Google Glass ran into that issue.

No new posts 08-01-2014 23:10 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree with Chris. I thought to be called a cyborg your body had have integrated cybernetic parts. Technically, anyone whose had a joint replaced could be considered a cyborg.

No new posts 11-01-2014 20:30 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Technically, anyone whose had a joint replaced could be considered a cyborg.

Hey, I'm a cyborg! Cool! Bonkers1

No new posts 11-01-2014 23:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

As much as I'd love to be one, I'm trying to avoid my RA getting bad enough to need to replace any joints.

No new posts 12-01-2014 00:55 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Very interesting!
I confess that when I saw the thread title, though, my first thought was "Dr. Nambu as a cyborg?" (I guess "professor" and "Dr." are close, in my mind).
Now I've got vague plot bunnies in my head of Dr. Nambu becoming a cyborg... Laugh2

No new posts 14-01-2014 04:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

lborgia: Those have to be some interesting plot bunnies! Can't wait to see where those lead. Smile

No new posts 14-01-2014 05:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
lborgia: Those have to be some interesting plot bunnies! Can't wait to see where those lead. Smile

Oooh definitely! Go for it, LB! Smile

No new posts 14-01-2014 12:28 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

No wonder he thought of that great centrifuge idea! It would have worked for a cyborg brain... Wink

No new posts 14-01-2014 15:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think that time he had been drinking too much.

No new posts 15-01-2014 00:24 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Very interesting!
I confess that when I saw the thread title, though, my first thought was "Dr. Nambu as a cyborg?" (I guess "professor" and "Dr." are close, in my mind).
Now I've got vague plot bunnies in my head of Dr. Nambu becoming a cyborg... Laugh2

More Poke from my part! As the others said, I can't wait to see where this idea could go!

No new posts 19-01-2014 10:23 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Cyborg Nambu returns from the dead and kicks Egobossler's ass for killing him.

Then he and Joe test whether or not they can get drunk.

No new posts 19-01-2014 21:56 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's really a good premise, UW! It would have been a better and more honourable end for Egobossler instead of being pegged against Sosai Z's walls after he had realised that he had been played and betrayed! *Chuckles* ... now I'm imagining Nambu and Joe doing that aftermath, drinking scene!

No new posts 20-01-2014 09:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: