Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Movie Showings
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Movie Showings
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Movie Showings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

If you happen to be living in the right area, you could soon have a chance to see the Gatchaman movie!

The film has been announced as part of a pair of upcoming film festivals -- one in Texas and one in Australia.

The Texas one coems up first, as part of the Fantastic Fest 2013 that runs from September 19th through September 26th at the Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline in Austin, TX. The website for Fantastic Fest can be found here:

http://fantasticfest.com/

They haven't released a schedule for exactly when the numerous films in the festival are showing yet, so I can't tell you exactly when Gatchaman will be showing. From the look of things, to see the film, you'd need to purchase a membership for the entire festival, not just a ticket for the Gatchaman showing itself. Memberships range from $69.00 for Daytime-Only Badges to #395.00 for Superfan Badges.

The Australian festival is the Japanese Film Festival, which has a number of showing across Australia. Gatchaman will be shown in five locations in October, November, and December;

Brisbane: October 16th – October 20th
Perth: October 23rd – October 27th
Canberra: October 30th – November 3rd
Sydney: November 14th – November 24th
Melbourne: November 28th – December 8th

Individual Adult tickets for the various films cost $17.00 per film, of $70.00 for a selection of five films in the festival.

The website, and further details regarding the festival and other films being shown, can be found here:

http://www.japanesefilmfestival.net/

If any of you are able to make it to any of these showings, please let us know how it went and what you think of the film!

James

No new posts 12-09-2013 01:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ack! I wish I lived in one of those places! I don't know of anyone here who lives in Tx., but maybe our lucky Aussie friends will tell us all about it!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-09-2013 01:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sob ... nothing nearby, again!

No new posts 12-09-2013 07:52 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Nope, seems Europe isn't getting a look in just yet! Crying5 Crying5 Crying5

No new posts 12-09-2013 08:04 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Snoopy Dance
just found out tonight, so will check it out in Brissy next month - alas website can't give me further details..

(I love it when the universe works in my favour)

No new posts 12-09-2013 11:54 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL, I just got an email from Kena about this, and was coming to post! I should have known that James would beat me to it. Wink

Hmm... can I get to Texas by the end of the month...? Big Grin

Most importantly, by showing the film in English-speaking regions, it gives me hope that it will be released in some form to the English-speaking market (i.e. on a DVD). animepompom

No new posts 12-09-2013 13:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'm envious of those in those areas.

No new posts 12-09-2013 20:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Any mention of it coming to Canada, James?

We have just had TIFF (film Festival) and it was not shown there, as far as I know.

No new posts 15-09-2013 21:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Any mention of it coming to Canada, James?

We have just had TIFF (film Festival) and it was not shown there, as far as I know.

Beyond the showing in had during the Fantasia film festival in Montreal in August, I know of no plans for the film the be screened in Canada. This could change, of course. And if it does, I hope we'll know about it early enough to be able to get the word out about it in advance! I didn't hear about the Fantasia screening until a few hours after it had happened -- a little late to spread the word at that point.

James

No new posts 19-09-2013 18:08 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: