Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Crowds Voice Cast Photos, Plus An Interview With the Director
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Crowds Voice Cast Photos, Plus An Interview With the Director
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Crowds Voice Cast Photos, Plus An Interview With the Director Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

When the Gatchaman Crowds voice cast was announced, part of the new cast took part in a press event to introduce them to the world, giving us a few random comments from the actors regarding their characters. Here are a few of the comments that appeared online:

Maaya Uchida (Hajime Ichinose)

This work is from before I was born, and the image of the bird is powerful. Though that image is broken down, it is so the new Gatchaman can soar powerfully.

At first glance, she's a character that seems a bit foolish, so you can express the crazy fun.

Aya Hirano (Paiman)

I'm playing a non-human for the first time, because I wanted to show a new side of myself.

The Director has said that he intends to portray him like an old man in middle management......

(Regarding the after-transformation costumes)

It seems that they will be unveiled at an anime event in France in early July!

Mamoru Miyano (Berg Katse)

This is my first time as a villain. I hope it will be enjoyed by the generation that knows Gatchaman, as well as the generation that doesn't.

Berg Katse will become more and more of a villain in the second half.

The Director has given me freedom, and I would like to have fun with everybody.

I want to take care of the mystery around Berg Katse. This person, I want you to worry about him...as well as enjoy him.

Here is a photo from the event:

From left to right, we have:

(Back Row) Ayumu Murase (Rui Ninomiya), Mamoru Miyano (Berg Katze), Daisuke Namikawa (Joe Hibiki), Daisuke Hosomi (O.D)
(Front Row) Kotori Koiwai (Utsu-tsu), Maaya Uchida (Hajime Ichinose), Aya Hirano (Paiman)

Additional photos from the event can be found here:

http://www.cinematoday.jp/gallery/E0002998

Also, the July anime magazines include some new coverage on the series. Most of the information is very familiar from what we've already seen, but New Type and Animage provided the following information regarding the first episode:

Episode #1 - "Avante-garde"
Writer - Toshiya Ono
Director - Yoshihiro Yanagiya
Storyboards - Yoshihiro Yanagiya
Art Director - Takashi Kurahashi

Given power by the super science of spacemen, the agents of shadow, Gatchaman, handle alien criminals and unidentified objects. Hajime Ichinose, a stationary loving high school girl, has been appointed a new Gatchaman by the spaceman J.J. Robinson. She is a new breeze that inspires the G Members.

Animage also included a brief interview with Director Kenji Nakamura, which included the following:

Director's Interview: Kenji Nakamura

Q: What are your thoughts on working on a new production with the title "Gatchaman?"

Nakamura: I'm nervous, but excited.

Q: What can we expect from the "Gatchaman of 2013?"

Nakamura: While we respect the motif of the earlier work, we take care to maintain our freedom. The themes are "This is an animation of Japan," and "Modern life."

Q: What is your aim in establishing a high school girl, Hajime Ichinose, as the hero?

Nakamura: Personally, I'm thinking that a girl can improve the world of the future. It is my thinking to establish Hajime as such a girl.

Q: What kind of people surround Hajime?

Nakamura: Sugane is poor at cooking, and worries about it. Joe is a man of mystery, and no one even knows where he sleeps every day, keeping the truth inside him. Utsu-tsu has a special ability, and it is because of it that she exposes a lot of skin. Please forgive me. At first glance, Paiman is a panda, but on the inside, he's an old man. O.D is a serious transvestite, though at times he appears almost like an affectionate mother toward everyone. J.J. is a mystery. Rui is always eating sweets. She is a good child whose IQ is extremely high. And then there's Katze, who is cheerful, but a mystery.

Q: What kind of teamwork will we see with the Gatchaman in this production?

Nakamura: Their relationships are among themselves and with people who are both surprising and ordinary.

Q: With whom or what are this Gatchaman fighting?

Nakamura: Those who have come from outside Earth to inflict damage on humans, and to protect our world.

Q: And when drawing the battle action?

Nakamura: I light up when drawing them!

Q: A message for the readers of this magazine!

Nakamura: There are a variety of elements in this production, but if you find one that you like, I will be very happy!

Gatchaman Crowds will be premiering in about 3 1/2 weeks, so I'm sure there will be more to come soon!

James

No new posts 18-06-2013 01:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting that they're going to premiere the costumes in France... is France even going to get this show?

And Berg Katse is referred to as 'he'...

No new posts 18-06-2013 15:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting! Thanks for showing us, James!
I guess Katse really *did* survive that fall into the lava...and it turned him into a redhead! ROFL!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-06-2013 15:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

This is going to be verrrrry interesting

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 18-06-2013 18:28 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'm still not sure whether to laugh or cry. Guess we'll just have to see.

No new posts 18-06-2013 22:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Im kind of intreguged

No new posts 19-06-2013 10:25 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for sharing this information with us, James!

No new posts 21-06-2013 17:10 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: