Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Personal favorites
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Personal favorites
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Personal favorites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As I was drifting around Gatchfanfic last night, I started reading some of my own stories. I usually try to stay out of them, so I don't pop up my read counts artificially, but I do have a couple of my stories that I like well enough to occasionally re-read for fun.

It got me wondering ... do you have any personal favorite stories of yours that you re-read for fun? What makes the story(ies) so special to you?

No new posts 20-08-2012 23:39 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I re-read "Status update" once in a while -- because it was my first one, and because I still find it funny! If it's been some time since I've read them, I also find the two golf-related stories (Birdies and Eagles I and II) quite giggle-worthy!

Laugh

No new posts 21-08-2012 12:08 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Every so often I re-read one of my older fics and compare the way I wrote then to the way I write now. In some cases things are the same, and in others they are different!

No new posts 21-08-2012 15:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I try not to re-read stories that I've already posted somewhere -- mostly because the temptation to edit/proofread/change/add/delete is often too great!

I do like to go back and re-read a lot of other people's stories, though!

No new posts 22-08-2012 00:26 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
I do like to go back and re-read a lot of other people's stories, though!

I do, too, and I often find that if I've commented on the story before, I want to comment on it again. I usually don't, though, so I don't look like a story stalker!

spy

No new posts 22-08-2012 02:09 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Sometimes if I'm looking something up in one of my stories I'll re-read, but like RIgirl said, I get way too tempted to fuss with it. I re-read other people's stuff a lot, though. Something I never used to do with originals.

No new posts 22-08-2012 02:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Every so often I re-read one of my older fics and compare the way I wrote then to the way I write now. In some cases things are the same, and in others they are different!

I've found that too. Sometimes, I'm impressed with what I wrote early on, but other times I want to cringe and edit. I try to leave things alone once I've posted them online, but sometimes it's really hard.

No new posts 22-08-2012 02:51 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: