Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Gen Con OZ 2010 Cancelled
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gen Con OZ 2010 Cancelled
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Gen Con OZ 2010 Cancelled Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just read the email.

Well, bother....I was looking forward to this year.
Standard reason , according to the email, current economic climate, global recession, difficulty of exibition, events, overseas people, blah blah.

Forlorn! melancoly, big sigh!!
I am not a happy (Ozzie) camper
Elffrown1

No new posts 17-07-2010 14:36 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

What a bugger!! But then, having been involved in organising Cons in Brisbane before, it's the bane of con organisers over here.

It seems like we get a guest locked in, and they get another offer in teh US and toss the Aussie trip over.

The rigamarole of getting (and teh cost of) the insurance that is demanded by function centres now is a huge factor as well.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 17-07-2010 17:30 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh man, I feel so bad for you guys.

We get invaded three weeks from now be GenCon, not that I'm complaining,Smile I've just got to come up with the money to get us to one day of it and still pay for the start of school and a trip to the state fair. All in a two-week timeframe.

Wish there was some magical way to get you guys here for GenCon Indy.

No new posts 17-07-2010 17:52 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

It's okay eventually I will be rich and successful and be able to travel the world at a moments notice and I will be able to just say " lets go to the states , this Con sounds interesting"
It's going to happen, its' in my 10year goal plan!!

Till then I will wait patiently for your thread on what happens to your GenCon.

No new posts 18-07-2010 11:05 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

I'll try to remember to post something when we go.

No new posts 18-07-2010 12:35 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That's terrible! What happened to cancel it? I hoe there's another good con soon in your area!

No new posts 18-07-2010 23:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: