Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchaman themes sung by Katse himself?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman themes sung by Katse himself?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
Gatchaman themes sung by Katse himself? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yep, found another crazy vid that was recently uploaded. It features Katse singing the opening and closing themes (with "modified" lyrics featuring Galactor)

From the giggling voices, I assume this was probably taken at a Japanese con some time ago. Maybe James knows something about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNV6uUTycBg

No new posts 22-06-2010 03:27 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Yep, I know exactly where that's from. During the 5th episode of the Gatchaman radio drama, Katse sang the two songs during a segment where Nambu and Katse took part in a friendly debate.

Later, during the 16th and final episode of the series, the actors had a roundtable discussion about making the radio drama and the upcoming premiere of Gatchaman II. During their discussion, they spoke about how much they enjoyed the two Katse songs, and the segments from the earlier episode with those songs were played while the actors giggled. The audio in that clip is from that part of the final episode.

James

No new posts 22-06-2010 04:30 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, it's actually a little bit jarring to hear Berg Katse's voice singing a tune that I so associate with the "good guys," but he's got a pretty good voice!

A shame perhaps, they never did a musical episode. If I recall, Joe's voice actor is also a singer... Laugh2

No new posts 22-06-2010 05:01 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
If I recall, Joe's voice actor is also a singer...

Isao Sasaki, who provided Joe's voice, is primarily a singer, and he's only dabbled as a voice actor on rare occasions.

He is best known as the singer of anime and tokusatsu theme songs, but he actually staretd his career in the 1960s as a rockabilly singer who made a name for himself doing Japanese language versions of Elvis songs. He made his debut as an anime theme song singer with the theme songs for Tatsunoko's "Casshan." You can see him singing this song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNpxamAcF0

His best known song is the opening theme for "Space Battleship Yamato," which you can see him performing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEiMOFth7g

Katsuji Mori, Ken's voice actor, did some singing in the late 1970s, but aside from one LP record and a few singles, he never did much with it. I don't think any of the other main Gatchaman voice cast ever did any amount of professional singing.

James

No new posts 22-06-2010 05:29 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: