Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Carl Macek has died
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Carl Macek has died
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Carl Macek has died Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was on Facebook a few minutes ago, and I read Richard Epcar's status message, and he said that Carl Macek has passed away. Carl is responsible for bringing us Robotech, and he was also the co-founder of Streamline Pictures, which produced english dubs of animes such as Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Golgo 13:The Professional, The Lensman, The Dirty Pair:Affair on Nolandia, The Dirty PairTongueroject Eden, The Dirty Pair:Flight 005 Conspiracy, and others. I guess my dreams of getting to meet him at a con or something are ruined now. I'm so overwhelmed with sadness. I worshipped that man. He was one of my idols! I'll never forget him and the great things he did for the anime industry. R.I.P. Carl!

No new posts 20-04-2010 18:40 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Thunderbird Thunderbird is a Male
God of Thunder

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-04-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Robotech was a great thing. It butchers some otherwise great shows, but we may never have seen them otherwise. I loved Shadow Chronicles and can only hope more Robotech my come. Thanks Carl.

No new posts 20-04-2010 20:37 Thunderbird is offline Send an Email to Thunderbird Homepage of Thunderbird Search for Posts by Thunderbird Add Thunderbird to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Robotech was a great thing.

ITA. RIP Carl.

No new posts 21-04-2010 07:23 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: