Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Goodbye, Gatchaman?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Goodbye, Gatchaman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Goodbye, Gatchaman? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I ran across this in my search for more pics...

Goodbye, Gatchaman

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-02-2010 01:51 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's a shame, but not unexpected. Maybe some other company will take it up.

There's still the live action film, right?

No new posts 22-02-2010 02:31 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm not surprised, but I am still hoping someone else might pick up the property.

No new posts 22-02-2010 02:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Sad news and looks likely from the sounds of it. Frown

Hopefully someone picks it up, especially if the movie is close to being completed.

No new posts 22-02-2010 04:24 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Well companies come and go, and then eventually someone buys the rights so they can pay off some of their depts. Hopefully someone worthy of "Gatchaman" does just that!

No new posts 22-02-2010 09:00 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's sad but as everyone said, not unexpected! Hope someone will listen to our prayers some day! Gatchaman is not a thing to throw away and has great potential ... and I think that many other companies know that! If other old series have seen the light then Gatchaman will too for sure!

No new posts 22-02-2010 16:25 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

Imagi has too many deviations from the canon (for example, criminal Joe or black-skin Nambu). There are things those true Gatchaman don`t forgive, so don`t believe in news about bankruptcy, actually the studio was destroyed by Bird Missle. Lonelylaugh

Breathe in and breathe out

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by yul on 23-02-2010 at 10:33.
No new posts 23-02-2010 10:21 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL, i like your interpretation, Yul! Wink

No new posts 23-02-2010 14:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Yul... Rofl I could just see Joe Merrily firing away... "Do they really think I'm a criminal? I'll give them criminal!!! Could they at least try to get out characteristic right...its hard enough reading fanfic some days... I might be a tough guy...but I'm a GOOD tough guy, a little pissed off perhaps..."

Jun rolls her eyes and sighs heavily...

Ken gingerly pushs Joes hand of the red button "Joe... Stop making it worse for all of us!!! Thye might just decide to make you into a Galactor agent at the beginning of the movie who defects-"

Gulp... I have feather dart poised at my hands as I'm typing... terror stikes me...Joe is standing right behind me in full birdstyle..."Sorry Joe, got a little carried away..."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 24-02-2010 at 01:10.
No new posts 24-02-2010 01:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by yul
There are things those true Gatchaman don`t forgive, so don`t believe in news about bankruptcy, actually the studio was destroyed by Bird Missle. Lonelylaugh

Good thinking, Yul! This time Dr Nambu did not have to think twice in order to give the go ahead! He was already pissed off by his earlier makeover in the OAVs!

No new posts 24-02-2010 09:47 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I suppose you guys are right. Maybe it's not all a bad thing if we were getting a cannibalized version.

No new posts 25-02-2010 21:04 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Whoever picks it up should scrap everything that came before. Don't try to save it. Maybe look it over, just to satisfy curiosity.

Then wander over to the fan sites and see what people are saying. What do they like about Gatchaman, and why? Find the common things.

They can't please everyone, of course, but if they have a handle on why people like the show, they'd have an idea of what they can do with the characters.

That way, we won't have oddities such as Joe the gun-runner (or whatever) and an afro-sporting Dr. Nambu.

No new posts 26-02-2010 00:32 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: