Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Corny lines that were used to fill in on remakes of Gatchaman
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Corny lines that were used to fill in on remakes of Gatchaman
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Corny lines that were used to fill in on remakes of Gatchaman Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was reading an ep review TJ did of ER. I have to admit I found this line so funny because its so true!!

Hes such a great leader! Joe declares. I guess using that Phase Foil really took something out of him. Somewhere, Joe Asakura is writhing in agony, hearing this.

I'm just wondering if there are any other oneliners people know of from remakes that be BOTP, ER, G-Force etc that would have the Gatchaman characters either in stitches or wanting to seriously maime their counterpart.

TJ I hope you don't mind me using the quote, those reviews you did are GREAT!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 21-02-2009 at 13:22.
No new posts 21-02-2009 13:22 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

How about the beginning of BOTP's "Conway Tape Trap" where Jason is whining that he's tired of being number 2 (whereas Joe tells Ken to mind his own business, and then punches him to make his point)?

No new posts 21-02-2009 15:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

How about the ep where they make a team of robot doubles? In BOTP, Princess goes on about how she and Mark have private conversations on their communicators...and in the same scene in Gatchaman she is confiding in the team that she knows Ken has run off on his own?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-02-2009 16:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Oh, there were far too many in ER... Hunter was so wimpy in comparison to Ken!

Glad you're enjoying the episode reviews, Ebony!

No new posts 21-02-2009 17:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I'm sure G-Force is full of them Wink

No new posts 21-02-2009 23:07 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I remember watching BOTP's "A Whale Joins G-Force" on youtube, back when I was working my way through the ADV Gatch episodes, and being as amused as hell over the scene where, in Gatch's ep. 18 "Revenge: The Whale Operation", Dr. Nambu is chewing out the team for not following his orders (rescuing a baby whale when they should have been tracking the whale mechas). The entire team is standing there, looking ashamed and guilty (except Joe, who's turned his face to the side and put his nose in the air defiantly). But in the BOTP version, Anderson isn't criticizing them at all -in fact he's going on in a completely pleasant voice- but the team is all still in their "Gatch" postures, and it just made me start laughing...

No new posts 22-02-2009 01:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Oh, there were far too many in ER... Hunter was so wimpy in comparison to Ken!

Glad you're enjoying the episode reviews, Ebony!

He is isn't he, you would think they were the same at all. I'd rather Joe in ER.

No new posts 22-02-2009 03:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

You can see how they tried really hard to do cover ups when you watch the other versions.

No new posts 22-02-2009 03:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: