Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Bird strikes down air bus...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bird strikes down air bus...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Bird strikes down air bus... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just saw the news and that was the title, I'm just wondering if it was a mecha, and G-Force is defending New York right this minute!!!

(A plane went down in the Hudson River with 100 people on board, no casualties for what i can see.)

No new posts 15-01-2009 23:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had thought about the same thing. That it had to be a galactor plot. I'm just glad that no one was hurt ( at least nothing serious)

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 16-01-2009 00:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ah, yes, this is what I love about living just outside the City... Never a dull moment!!

For those who haven't heard (though if it's gotten to Australia, I'm assuming that everyone has heard!), a US Airways A320 Airbus made what they're calling an "emergency landing" in the Hudson River (NY/NJ) about 3:30 this afternoon. All passengers and crew made it out safely and were rescued by NY Waterways almost immediately (the pictures of the ferries surrounding the plane are quite amazing to see!). The plane had taken off from LaGuardia Airport and it's reported that geese were ingested into the engine (poor geese!). Passengers were saying that the left engine exploded, and that the right one was also disabled (I'm still trying to find out what happened there... Don't know if it was a double bird strike or if something else happened. Jets don't lose both engines at once unless there's somesort of massive failure. Planes are built to fly short distances on one engine!). The plane initially landed somewhere between 42nd St (Manhattan) and Weehawken (NJ), but through the course of the afternoon, the current moved it about 4 miles farther south. It's currently tied to a pier and awaiting the arrival of NTSB officials to start the investigation.

So far there have been no reports of a purple-cloaked madman or his henchmen being seen in the area. However, the Eagle and his team are currently positioned in a non-disclosed location, hosted by a certain Female Eagle.

This is Hinotori reporting for Gatchamania News Network.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 16-01-2009 01:03 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It does almost make you wonder if those geese weren't mini-mechas designed by Galactor.

I'm glad the passengers and crew are all okay (although the poor geese sure aren't!) but, damn, with temperatures as low as they are these days, I would NOT want to be in the Hudson River!

No new posts 16-01-2009 01:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Love the report, Hino! If you find out where the Eagle's team are staying, let me know. I'm sure they'd appreciate a Swannie's touch to their accommodations. Wink

No new posts 16-01-2009 01:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

This Condor wants in on the party too!

(wonders how quickly I can get to New Jersey...)

No new posts 16-01-2009 02:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Oh, I know exactly where they're staying... No worries about the Swannie or Condoress needing to come and give their personal touches. This Eagle has it all under control... Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 16-01-2009 at 02:42.
No new posts 16-01-2009 02:41 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I haven't heard about this one... but I'm really glad everybody is safe and nobody got hurt! Thanks for the report Hino!

No new posts 16-01-2009 03:38 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Hino I thought about you when I first saw the pictures... Glad to hear you could be of assistance to the Eagle... I mean (*cough*) whole team...

No new posts 16-01-2009 09:35 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Hino, your reporting skills are something to be hailed. Alienlaugh

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 16-01-2009 14:50 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Birds bringing down an airbus? That smacks of a Galactor plot! Berg Katse is framing the Science Ninja Team!

Seriously, I'm glad everyone survived. The pilot should be given a medal. statue

No new posts 17-01-2009 00:37 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Secretly the pilot was Mark, but he had to hand the glory over to someone else because he couldn't have his identity blown....

No new posts 17-01-2009 21:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'm so glad everyone was ok...that could have been really bad...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-01-2009 22:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Me too Springie... its amazing every made it out alive.... Way to pilot, you're a legend!

No new posts 20-01-2009 04:27 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: