Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Which Condor pushes your buttons? or just undoes them slowly one by one...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Which Condor pushes your buttons? Or just undoes them one by one...
Condor Joe (Gatch) vote leftpercentvote right 18 85.71%
Jason vote leftpercentvote right 3 14.29%
Joe (ER) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Dirk (G-Force) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Joe (OVA's..but you know that shower scene..yummy) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Total: 21 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Which Condor pushes your buttons? or just undoes them slowly one by one...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Which Condor pushes your buttons? or just undoes them slowly one by one... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Let it begin... Animevalentine

No new posts 25-11-2008 09:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yay First!

Nearly flipped at the last second just for the shower scene, but it has to be the original.

No new posts 25-11-2008 10:09 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nothin' like Condor Joe...Condor

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-11-2008 10:24 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Oh I am painfully BotP, aren't I?

I love my Jase ...

I think ... Um, I used to prefer Joe ... then I saw the eppy where he slapped Jun.

I just can't shake that out of my mind when I think of him ...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 25-11-2008 at 10:37.
No new posts 25-11-2008 10:34 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Jason was my favourite on BOTP, many years ago, but now I'm hooked on Joe...

Of course, it wasn't Jason's fault that so many of Joe's best action scenes, and his whole tragic, angsty story arc, got cut out of BOTP.

No new posts 25-11-2008 14:49 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I like Jason a lot, but there's no one I want to comfor more than Condor Joe...

Actually, OAV Joe was just a little 'hard' in the face for me. The body was nice, but the tattoo turned me off. I guess that's jsut the 'bad boy' thing, though... Wink

No new posts 25-11-2008 14:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

ITA, TJ. Condor Joe needs me, poor baby. Poor hottie, tough, ass kicking baby that is.

No new posts 25-11-2008 15:51 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I have voted Jason, though in my opioion of watching Gatchaman and the OAVs, it a tough tie between Jason and the original Joe.

No new posts 25-11-2008 15:54 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I love the original Joe... doesn't help that the other versions of the series cuts out most of his story!

No new posts 25-11-2008 19:34 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I love my angsty revenge seeking Condor Joe of the original Gatchaman...

When I was a kid I thought Jason could be a jerk at times. Ten years old and i had already decided he complained to much, and he was always wanting to be the commander. That got to me a bit back then too... I still remember watching the eps as a kid and telling him off for trying to take over the Eagles position all the time or indicating he could do it better.... So i guess I wasn't a Condor fan back then...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 25-11-2008 at 22:11.
No new posts 25-11-2008 22:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I must say that while the shower scene in the OAV was wonderful and some of his looks were good. I still think Condor Joe rocks.

Jason was a thought but after watching the whole Gatch series, it's hands down now.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 25-11-2008 22:46 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

I'm voting for Condor Joe. I like the bad boy.
I agree with SJ about slapping Jun ( but look at Ken. He didn't do anything when Joe slapped her - does it make him better? ) , but on the other hand, they are all slapping and punching each other through the series...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by meg on 26-11-2008 at 00:53.
No new posts 26-11-2008 00:52 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

This one's easy... The original Joe, definitely. There's no Condor like Joe Asakura!!! The drama, the angst, the voice! Drool1

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 26-11-2008 01:27 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

He looked surprised by it....but then again Ken could have felt that Jun may have felt discriminated against if he punched Joe back. After all being the only girl on team of four guys she wouldn't want to be made out to be weaker than them or need Ken to fight all her battles... (And she DID jump up after wards looking determined to do her job...So Ken didn't have much time to retaliate,)...just a thought anyway.....

No new posts 26-11-2008 01:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
He looked surprised by it....but then again Ken could have felt that Jun may have felt discriminated against if he punched Joe back. After all being the only girl on team of four guys she wouldn't want to be made out to be weaker than them or need Ken to fight all her battles... (And she DID jump up after wards looking determined to do her job...So Ken didn't have much time to retaliate,)...just a thought anyway.....

a good one Ebony :-)

No new posts 26-11-2008 09:11 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I agree that Jason was my first love but I really love Joe. Although I have to agree with LB that it wasn't fair to Jason that all his scenes were cut from BOTP. Gatchaman really rounds out his character and shows the audience why he is who he is. All full of anger, and hate and hotness.....but I digress...

The OVA Joe certainly has a nice body in the shower scene but watching that he seemed too far apart from the team as opposed in Gatchaman where he's a bit on the outside but always backs up his team mates.

No new posts 27-11-2008 17:53 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meg
I'm voting for Condor Joe. I like the bad boy.
I agree with SJ about slapping Jun ( but look at Ken. He didn't do anything when Joe slapped her - does it make him better? ) , but on the other hand, they are all slapping and punching each other through the series...

I like to think that Jun, being a Science Ninja, is tougher than she looks and can hold her own, but I'll admit that scene makes me a bit uncomfortable, maybe because Jun is clearly emotionally upset, and Joe doesn't even try to understand. Not his finest moment, but pretty much true to his character. If all the characters were perfect the show would have been very dull.

But, sometimes I wonder if the writers were already planning then to have Joe later find out that his own parents had been Galactor members, and by showing that Joe had zero tolerance for any behaviour he regarded as being soft on the enemy, it would increase the dramatic effect of him learning about his parents in ep. 78.

No new posts 30-11-2008 15:23 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

IMHO, the dramatic effect about Joe finding out about his own Galactor parents in the mini-Saturn ep is pretty significant, and ITA LB that it is moments like the one in the Koji ep that make it all the more poignant.

All the same, I'm never very comfortable to see them beating up on Jun either, but it doesn't bother me nearly so much to see Ken and Joe beating up on each other, or even Ryu and Jinpei. Perhaps I have a double standard...?

No new posts 01-12-2008 00:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'm the same way, TJ...I cringe every time I see Ken smack her in the flower ep, too...even though it is kind of a light smack...Joe really wallops her, though...I guess she can't accuse him of treating her any differently than the guys!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-12-2008 01:46 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

For me, I still have something of an ingrained cultural notion/double standard that men shouldn't hit women even though, rationally, I know that someone like my sister (who does martial arts and lifts weights -a lot-) could probably beat up lots of men, and that Jun is a fighter, and is tough.

I guess, my basic rule could be that no one should ever hit someone who isn't more or less their equal, in terms of fighting ability.

No new posts 01-12-2008 03:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: