Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Minazuki
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Minazuki
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Minazuki Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome to our newest member who according to their profile comes from the homeland of Gatchaman......no not Utoland but Japan.

Welcome and please visit the Rub.....Reception Room.

No new posts 01-12-2008 15:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome Minazuki! It's great to see you here! welcome

No new posts 01-12-2008 18:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Greetings and Welcome Minazuki! animedisco

No new posts 01-12-2008 18:46 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Pull up a barstool and relax! Welcome, Minazuki!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-12-2008 20:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Hello Minazuki! Wave2

No new posts 01-12-2008 22:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wave3 Konnichiwa, Minazuk! Please pull up a barstool and tell us a but about yourself.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 01-12-2008 23:37 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Minazuk, please feel free to jump in whenever.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 01-12-2008 23:43 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hino, I wasn't sure when it switched to Konbaru (sp?) , would you know, or perhaps Minazuk can help.

No new posts 01-12-2008 23:45 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Hello! welcome

No new posts 02-12-2008 00:39 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Hino, I wasn't sure when it switched to Konbaru (sp?) , would you know, or perhaps Minazuk can help.

From what I understand, konnichiwa is a daytime greeting while konbanha is an evening greeting. Kinda like buenos dias and buenos noches in Spanish.... The only other greeting I know in Japanese is moshimoshi, but that's only used when speaking to someone on the telephone.

Maybe Minazuki can let us know if this is correct or, if not, what the proper greetings are.

No new posts 02-12-2008 00:51 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Welcome Minazuki!

By the way, Transmute Jun, that's a cute new avatar you're sportin'.Thumbsup

No new posts 02-12-2008 08:38 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cain Highwind
By the way, Transmute Jun, that's a cute new avatar you're sportin'.Thumbsup

Glad you like it, Cain! A girl's got to stay seasonal, doncha know? Wink Elfgrin1

No new posts 02-12-2008 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl

From what I understand, konnichiwa is a daytime greeting while konbanha is an evening greeting. Kinda like buenos dias and buenos noches in Spanish.... The only other greeting I know in Japanese is moshimoshi, but that's only used when speaking to someone on the telephone.

Maybe Minazuki can let us know if this is correct or, if not, what the proper greetings are.

Hino, the early morning greeting is (Ohiogozymos) I know my spelling is way off, but I hope you get the feeling for the pronunciation. Ok I'm going to stop before Minazuki runs away fast from me butchering the language.

No new posts 02-12-2008 23:29 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Minazuki Minazuki is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2008

spacer

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I am from Tokyo, and Gatchaman has always been my number one Anime. To be precise, the first series only, because II and F were never really able to recapture the magic Tatsuo Yoshida created. (The OAV? Puleez !!) Although I saw all the eps from II and F when they were first aired here, I hardly remember much. So much has vanished into oblivion. I plan to buy the DVD box sets of II and F soon though, just to hear my favorite voice actors playing my favorite Anime characters.

I never knew there were so many different incarnations of the show in the English speaking world until a couple of very nice people from the U.S. sent me tapes some years ago.

I am both excited and worried about the new movie. I just hope the new director Jun Falkenstein will be able to understand what made the show click, since from what I have heard, she has seen all 105 episodes of the first series.

The name I am using here--Minazuki means June in Japanese. (Not commonly used compared to rokugatsu, which is what we usually use.) So you can see which character in the Ninja team I favor most. I love reading fics pairing Ken and Jun, and I see some of my favorite fic writers are here making comments. (You know who you are!) A lot of the fics in the Japanese language pair Ken and Joe, and not much of Ken and Jun...

"Ohayo ("Ohayo gozaimasu" is more formal) is good morning, "konnichiwa" is good afternoon and "konbanwa" is good evening. And yes, you only say "moshi moshi," meaning hello when you pick up the telephone.

Minazuki
Stretch Laugh2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Minazuki on 04-12-2008 at 16:10.
No new posts 04-12-2008 15:54 Minazuki is offline Send an Email to Minazuki Search for Posts by Minazuki Add Minazuki to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It's nice to meet you, Minazuki!

Although I haven't seen all of Gatchaman II or Gatchaman Fighter, I agree that the second and third series never had the same balance of fun, drama and adventure (the magic) that the first series had.

I too very much hope that June Falkenstein and Imagi will understand what made the first series so special, and pay close attention to the relationships between the characters.

I'm most drawn to fics that feature Joe (he's my favourite) but I can enjoy a good romance fic with almost any pairing (though I'll admit that Ken/Joe is not my top pick!)

No new posts 04-12-2008 16:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Minazuki
Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I am from Tokyo, and Gatchaman has always been my number one Anime. To be precise, the first series only, because II and F were never really able to recapture the magic Tatsuo Yoshida created. (The OAV? Puleez !!) Although I saw all the eps from II and F when they were first aired here, I hardly remember much. So much has vanished into oblivion. I plan to buy the DVD box sets of II and F soon though, just to hear my favorite voice actors playing my favorite Anime characters.

I never knew there were so many different incarnations of the show in the English speaking world until a couple of very nice people from the U.S. sent me tapes some years ago.

I am both excited and worried about the new movie. I just hope the new director Jun Falkenstein will be able to understand what made the show click, since from what I have heard, she has seen all 105 episodes of the first series.

The name I am using here--Minazuki means June in Japanese. (Not commonly used compared to rokugatsu, which is what we usually use.) So you can see which character in the Ninja team I favor most. I love reading fics pairing Ken and Jun, and I see some of my favorite fic writers are here making comments. (You know who you are!) A lot of the fics in the Japanese language pair Ken and Joe, and not much of Ken and Jun...

"Ohayo ("Ohayo gozaimasu" is more formal) is good morning, "konnichiwa" is good afternoon and "konbanwa" is good evening. And yes, you only say "moshi moshi," meaning hello when you pick up the telephone.

Minazuki
Stretch Laugh2

Welcome again and I didn't even know about Gatchaman or the other American series until I came here couple of years ago,

What I have heard about Gatch II and F from this mad lot here, it does sound that the sequals weren't up to scratch with the first series.

If it's true that Jun Falkenstein has seen the first series and then it could as good as it gets. Peter Jackson was a fan of Lord Of The Rings before he directed the triolgy, so there still could be hope.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 04-12-2008 at 20:20.
No new posts 04-12-2008 20:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Minazuki

Minazuki
Stretch Laugh2

Ah, Minazuki...I can see that you are a fellow 'shipper! *big grin* Fabulous! It's always great to have another ""shipper swannie" aboard!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 04-12-2008 at 21:43.
No new posts 04-12-2008 21:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Another Swannie! Yay! Animegiggle So great to see you here, Minazuki! You are so lucky to have seen the original series first, and have Gatch II and F available to you! While I'll agree that the first series is the best, I cannot resist the idea of further adventures of our wonderful science ninjas.

Ken and Jun romance fics? Here? Would we ever do that? Big Grin I'm glad you're someone who appreciates the way it is 'supposed' to be! Cheeky I'll admit that I've never been very comfortable with the Ken and Joe fics... I'm just glad I've never seen any Mark/Jason fics! Can you imagine??? Eek1

I hope you will offer us your perspective on our Gatch discussions! For example, our recent discussion of Red Impulse and his (lack of) parenting abilities... Wink

No new posts 04-12-2008 22:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi again Minazuki! So glad you've decided to join the party!! woohoo

If you're a Ken/Jun 'shipper, you've definitely come to the right place! We certainly have alot of Swannies who fit in that category. I'm not a true "shipper"... Personally, I like the innuendo of there being something between the Swan and Eagle, but haven't completely embraced the entire idea - yet. I'm sure if I let certain Swannies have their way, I'll eventually be beaten into submission though! Big Grin

Thank you for the clarification on the proper Japanese greetings. I had heard ohayo many times, but didn't realize that that was the morning greeting. So thank you for teaching me something so quickly!

Hope you'll come out and play more often! We'd love to have your insights on Japan's culture and Gatch history!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 05-12-2008 at 01:51.
No new posts 05-12-2008 01:50 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Minazuki for giving us the proper spelling of your language.

Also I will look forward to any thoughts from a fellow fan who has watched from the beginning.

No new posts 06-12-2008 03:35 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: