Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Zoltar sighting!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoltar sighting!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Zoltar sighting! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been indulging in a little '80's tv watching - with the first season of MacGyver.

Imagine my surprise when, in the opening credits of the second episode "The Golden Triangle" the words "Keye Luke" popped up!

Ooooh sez I! Must try to pick him out.

Of course, the voice of the Purple One was rather unmistakeable though I did have a little giggle as he was playing "grandfather".

My alltime favorite moment in the episode was when he came out with the line "Without the guns, I used to make traps like this when I was a boy". I couldn't help it - I had visions of a child Zoltar (still in purple) making toy mechas out of lego or mechano.......

Katse

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 10-10-2008 20:50 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zoltar did have a distinctive voice. And, I wonder how many people our age heard Casey Kasem on the radio and thought "it's Mark!"

No new posts 10-10-2008 22:52 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Keye Luke also did a guest appearance on M*A*S*H once--I'm not sure if he did more. Casey Kasem's regular voice is Mark although I heard the Top 40 once and he did a little bit of Shaggy!

No new posts 11-10-2008 01:23 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ah, Keye Luke...what a great voice! He'll always be Zoltar (and the Luminous One) to me! I've heard he was in a lot of old shows, but I didn't know about McGuyver!

Same with Casey Kasem- I can't hear that voice a *not* think Mark!

I saw an episode of the "Snorks" while we were on the cruise last summer, and Jason's voice was on it!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-10-2008 03:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Zoltar did have a distinctive voice. And, I wonder how many people our age heard Casey Kasem on the radio and thought "it's Mark!"

Can't remember what I thought when I first heard Casey Kasem's voice as both Mark or Shaggy. Probably didn't realise it as I was quite young but during the 80s I kinda of figure it out eventually.

As the odd American programm similar to Film 2008 and Top Of The Pops came over in the , I remembered the voice and finally saw the man behind the 2 charactors of 2 of my favourite shows.

In the recent Scooby Do films, the actor had a very similar type voice and look which pleased me a bit.

No new posts 11-10-2008 07:21 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Don't forget about Gremlins! Keye Luke was in both movies! (Mr. Wing)

The voice that gets me the most is Janet Waldo... Everytime Princess talks, I think Judy Jetson, and everytime I hear Judy Jetson, I think Princess! LOL!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 14-10-2008 16:37 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Keye Luke was also in Kung Fu TV series and also was in the Charlie Chan films in the 50s as the Number One Son.

No new posts 14-10-2008 20:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: