Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Gatchaman Cosplay
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Cosplay
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Cosplay Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Well, it took the Japanese cosplay industry long enough, but they have finally gotten around to producing a series of licensed Tatsunoko character costumes. Along with characters like Yatterman and Casshan, they have included one of Ken from Gatchaman.

Here's a picture of the ad showing what the suit looks like:

The costume seems to be of the one-size-fits-all variety, and is designed for people who are up to 175 cm tall (5' 9") and weigh up to 70 kg (154 lbs).

The set consists of a two-piece polyester bodysuit, a polyurethane and PVC helmet, a polyester belt, and a cotton/polyester blend cape.

I haven't been able to find an official suggested retail price, but the various places I've seen offering it seem to have it for between 7,750 yen and 8,500 yen (Roughly $77.50 to $85.00 at current exchange rates).

Before you ask, Ken is the only Gatchaman-related costume in the line, at least currently. Perhaps if it sells well, they'll expand the line to include a Joe or a Jun. We'll just have to wait and see on that count. In the meantime, at least there's an official Ken cosplay outfit for you to wear!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 11-11-2008 at 02:02.
No new posts 13-10-2008 00:40 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh, that's awesome! And certainly a reasonable price for the full costume with helmet!

Oh... we all need to buy them and show up at the San Diego Comic Con next year!!!!

So... where are the buying links, James??? I want one!!!!

No new posts 13-10-2008 00:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, I found the selling link you posted on the BOTP list, James. I'm seriously interested in this, but it seems that I would have to go through a third party importer to buy it. Does anyone else want one too? I'd be happy to split costs with an order for multiple items.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 13-10-2008 at 00:56.
No new posts 13-10-2008 00:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

There are numerous places that have this for sale, too many to name them all (Which is why I didn't even try). From a quick look, these are the places that seem to have the cheapest prices for it:

Partygoods.jp

p-kaneko.co.jp

You could also try watching some of the Japanese auction sites to see if anyone offers it at a lower price.

With any of these, you should expect to have to have to use a proxy service to purchase it, since most Japanese sellers won't ship overseas. There are a number of proxy services out there that would be happy to help, including Celga ( http://www.celga.com ) and Rinkya ( http://www.rinkya.com ).

James

No new posts 13-10-2008 01:10 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, I used Celga to purchase my Tatsunoko t-shirt and was very happy. So I'd probably go through them again.

No new posts 13-10-2008 01:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Wow thats a great costume!!!

No new posts 13-10-2008 02:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Interesting... nice costume... too bad they don't have the other members Wink

No new posts 13-10-2008 22:15 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: