Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » GatchaFic Road Map?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page GatchaFic Road Map?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer
GatchaFic Road Map? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disclaimer: I looked for a fac about this but couldn't find one, so if there is already something about this please point me in the right direction.

I'm am hopelessly confused. Not an unusual state for me, but uncomfortable nonetheless. When someone says about a fic that they "posted to the archives" what does that mean? Is ff.net the same as fanfiction.net? What exactly is the clubhouse? How does all of that relate to each other - and relate to which fics are posted here in the fic library? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

PS - extra bonus question -- what is Deviant Art all about?

No new posts 19-08-2008 23:12 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gogirl I guess we take for granted that people know the sites....

OK here it is;

"Archives" is the "Gatchaman Fanfic Archives"

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/

And we call fanfic.net the other site that we post the stories into as well.(But it is a general fan site, so not just focused on Gatchaman/BOTP)

Clubhouse is a different site, that's general and has ficcies posted there as well.

http://groups.msn.com/Clubhouselefanfics/general.msnw

does this help????

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 19-08-2008 at 23:21.
No new posts 19-08-2008 23:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It is confusing, isn't it?

The archives is
http://www.gatchfanfic.com

ff.net is the same as fanfiction.net

The Clubhouse is
http://groups.msn.com/Clubhouselefanfics

Deviant Art is a place to post drawings, photos... lots of things, really.

http://www.deviantart.com

ETA: Whoops, I just duplicated Ebony's info!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 19-08-2008 at 23:23.
No new posts 19-08-2008 23:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
RE: GatchaFic Road Map? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
Disclaimer: I looked for a fac about this but couldn't find one, so if there is already something about this please point me in the right direction.

I'm am hopelessly confused. Not an unusual state for me, but uncomfortable nonetheless. When someone says about a fic that they "posted to the archives" what does that mean? Is ff.net the same as fanfiction.net? What exactly is the clubhouse? How does all of that relate to each other - and relate to which fics are posted here in the fic library? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

PS - extra bonus question -- what is Deviant Art all about?

Well it looks like we are all duplicating the same info so I will delete mine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 19-08-2008 at 23:25.
No new posts 19-08-2008 23:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It looks like Ebony and LB have answered the basic questions.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Galactor Pop? I don't know, the Firebird keeps melting them! Oops, sorry, I don't think that was the answer you wanted... Wink

Deviart Art is an art page, as LB mentioned. Springie and Katsesama are sponsoring a Gatch Art Club on there, where the fabulous Gatchy artists hang out.

http://gatchaman-club.deviantart.com/

No new posts 19-08-2008 23:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I was going to answer but I'd only redundant three times over. So instead I will say, "Yeah! What they said!" Big Grin

And don't worry, GoGirl, I was just as confused as you are when I first joined. It does get easier as time goes on.

BTW, wasn't it the Owl who decided it was 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? Those Owls are smart birds. It's no wonder CD likes them! Hootie

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 20-08-2008 00:15 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Thanks Thanks
I feel better, as I have encountered these places but didn't realize I had. I was worried I was missing something.

Some of you post to this site too . . .is that by your request?

Is there anything else out there that you think belongs on the radar?

What is the meaning of life?

No new posts 20-08-2008 00:28 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Thanks Thanks Thanks
I feel better, as I have encountered these places but didn't realize I had. I was worried I was missing something.

Some of you post to this site too . . .is that by your request?

Is there anything else out there that you think belongs on the radar?

According to Monty Python the meaning of life is what you make of it.

No new posts 20-08-2008 00:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

(and I hope someone gets that or I'm going to feel REALLY geeky)

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

Wow, that's a Deep Thought, TJ! (feel better?)

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:18 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

"Eat, drink, and be merry"?

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger"?

A good cup of coffee, a good book, good music, and a cat?

Love?

42?

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:21 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

quote:
quote:

Biglaugh3 And always remember to pack your thumb!

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:22 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
quote:

*scratches head* Huh???? Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Just call me a fellow geek.

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
quote:
quote:

*scratches head* Huh???? Winknudge

Oh, Springie - we can't leave you in the dark!

No new posts 20-08-2008 01:51 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ahhhhh... Thinking ...Thanks, baybee! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-08-2008 02:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, phew! I'm glad I'm not the only geek here!

And Springie, if you learned anything at Comic COn, it should be that I am ready to geekify you at a moment's notice! Roll

No new posts 20-08-2008 02:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Teehee...oh yes, my eyes have been opened to the geek world! I always thought I was a bit geeky...but I realize I don't even scratch the surface after the comicon experience! LOL

No new posts 20-08-2008 02:12 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Speaking of comicon aren't we all still waiting for some pictures from that . . . I'm thinking of a particular Swannie in her new uniform????

No new posts 20-08-2008 02:17 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

It's not until you go to a con that you discover just how geeky you are.

I'm rather proud of the fact that I won a quiz at a major Australian con about 15 years ago - only female to get to the final round too.

I am a sad girl geek.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 20-08-2008 at 07:42.
No new posts 20-08-2008 07:37 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: