Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Is this Ken The Eagle action figure worth getting?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is this Ken The Eagle action figure worth getting?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Is this Ken The Eagle action figure worth getting? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw this action figure of Ken The Eagle, and the guy had two of them, and I don't know if I should get them or not, because his visor is clear instead of blue. What do you think? It's the cheapest one I could find. There's another one I found which is like a doll, but it's too expensive, and I can't afford it.

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:37 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Do you have a link for us? Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No, but I have a picture:

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:48 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

What kind of price are they asking for him?

James

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:50 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

What kind of price are they asking for him?

James

About 9 dollars each. I wanted to get them both, and open one and keep the other in the packaging.

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:52 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

: chuckles: Is a rather well endowed Eagle at that! I'm sure that my fellow Swannies would agree that it's worth it!

Big Grin

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-01-2010 01:54 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

That price isn't a fantastic bargain, but I've certainly seen people asking more for them. If you were interested in collecting all of the figures in the set, you might keep an eye out for something like this eBay auction instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTLE-OF-THE-PLANET...=item35a68a9906

It may end up being the better bargain that trying to track down each figure individually.

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 25-01-2010 at 12:14.
No new posts 25-01-2010 02:07 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

James, that link didn't work

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-01-2010 05:00 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
James, that link didn't work

Try it now.

James

No new posts 25-01-2010 12:15 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

The Mark and Princess and Keyop action figures from that set come up on EBay quite a lot. You can find Zoltar ones too. Jason and Tiny and very difficult to find, and much more expensive. If you buy a 'lot' of figures, you can generally get them a bit more cheaply.

You may also find those figures at a Con, since they were released relatively recently (in 2002) in North America.

No new posts 25-01-2010 16:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, the ones I saw WERE on an ebay auction. I just said I found them at a store so nobody would get them before I do just in case I did want them. Big Grin The guy's in the UK, and both Eagle figures were 3.99 GBP each, that's about $6.47, and the shipping is 5.99 GBP, which is like 9 dollars. Hmmm, maybe I should've kept looking. That's kinda pricy. Oh well, Too late now.

No new posts 26-01-2010 21:47 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Gawd.... I went out and bought all of those when they first came out at about $20 a pop. I wandered into a store last week and they were on sale for $2 ... If I had only waited...

I must've spent almost $200 on the whole damn set ... sigh, only to have Jason, Keyop, and Princess duly ripped from the boxes by a naughty little preschooler who then preformed amputations on each... They aren't so tough, it seems, against a little boy.. LOL

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 26-01-2010 23:41 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

I'm not going to share with you how much money I've spent on Gatchaman merchandise. But to give you an idea, I have the original Laser Disc sets of all three incarnations, and they cost about $5000.

My student loans were well-spent. Big Grin

Katse

No new posts 27-01-2010 01:18 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I had the rare pearl white version of that figure on my eBay watch list but couldn't bring myself to pay $25+ for it.

No new posts 07-02-2010 21:29 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

The pearl version is rare? Gawd, I have two of those still packed away in their little boxes... Unless my little condor found them.

Let me scout for you and if I do still have the second one, I can fling it your way.

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 07-02-2010 23:18 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
The pearl version is rare?

Well, rarer might be a better description than rare. Diamond did make plenty of them. Even the pearl Jason figure they did in smaller numbers as a Toy Fair promotional item turns up fairly regularly.

James

No new posts 07-02-2010 23:57 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, Tats, I have to agree with you on that one. I'm thinking the eBay seller might be doing some shifty false advertising on that one. I actually picked mine up shortly after release and the comic book store I went to had about 10 of them. The owner was griping that there were too many floating around for him to make much money... which is how I ended up with two... for the price of one and a half... LOL!

I'd say the "rare" stuff is the older stuff... I got a nifty little matchbox Phoenix from a friend that looks like it must've been made way back in the day... I have yet to find another one of them anywhere.

Tell me something, though, James. The Tatsunoko Hero box... was that a limited edition release, or where a stack of them made as well? Flash paid $200 for mine about 6 years ago thinking it might be something good to hang on to, but I'm seeing it pretty much everywhere these days...

Did he get ripped off?

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 08-02-2010 00:40 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I'd say the "rare" stuff is the older stuff... I got a nifty little matchbox Phoenix from a friend that looks like it must've been made way back in the day... I have yet to find another one of them anywhere.

I'm guessing that's the Grip mini die-cast God Phoenix you're talking about. Yeah, that's a cool toy.

quote:
The Tatsunoko Hero box... was that a limited edition release, or where a stack of them made as well?

Yes and yes. They were limited to how many were ordered during the 2 month preorder time window, but many of the major book sellers ordered gobs of them, resulting in their being more made than the market could really absorb.

quote:
Flash paid $200 for mine about 6 years ago thinking it might be something good to hang on to, but I'm seeing it pretty much everywhere these days...

Did he get ripped off?

At that time, no. If he paid that much for it now, then I'd have to say yes.

The set retailed for 15,000 yen. At the time it was released, things were close to 1 penny = 1 yen, so they cost roughly $150.00. When you figure in overseas shipping costs to get the set to North America, he probably paid a little more than he should have, but not substantially more. $20~$25 at most.

In the past few years, the extra glut of the sets has flooded the market, and the prices have dropped substantially. I saw them selling for around $40.00 just recently, and people seem to be making more money by parting the sets out. There's a demand for some parts of the set, like the soft vinyl Ken figure, but other parts are nearly impossible to sell to a non-Japanese audience because the characters are unknown here.

So, as a long-term investment, you'd probably have to wait quite a while for it to go up in value again (Years and years. Your children or grandchildren might be able to profit from it). You're better off enjoying the set yourself and forgetting about it as a potential cash cow.

James

No new posts 08-02-2010 02:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I suppose rare as in harder to find online than the regular version. $25 plus shipping seemed a bit steep which is why I didn't pull the trigger. Rightstuf.com has the unmasked variant for cheap.

SJ if you do happen to find it, I'd greatly appreciate it and will throw some $$$ yor way for your troubles.

No new posts 08-02-2010 03:44 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: