Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » I think you should see this....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I think you should see this....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer
I think you should see this.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was playing around on youtube, and found this.... It looks cool as crap, but can anyone tell me what its all about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEnxukWjsQ&feature=related

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 01-12-2007 02:55 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh man. If you click on the link, it will say that the video id is invalid, but i swar to god, that is whats in my browser right now. Go to you tube, and type "new gatchaman" in the search bar. This video will not let you post comments on it... hmmmm....

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 01-12-2007 02:59 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The problem with the link is that the [/URL] part of your link ended up in the middle of the lin instead of at the end. This is a problem with the board. you will have to edit your post to fix it.

As for the footage, ITA it's super cool. It was part of a series of Japanese television commercials for NTT (a cell company). Some were cartoon and some were live action featuring some boy band called SMAP (yes, a boy played Jun too).

If you want to see all of the footage, I have it on my Myspace page. Wink

http://www.myspace.com/transmutejun

But unfortunately it's not a new show or episode or anything like that. Just some cool commercials.

No new posts 01-12-2007 03:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

This was actually nothing more than a series of commercials promoting the then-new ISDN service offered in Japan by NTT-East (NTT standing for Nippon Telephone & Telegraph, I.E. A phone company similar to the old Bell Network), generally referred to as the NTT-East Gatchaman Campaign. The total body of work is made up of two animated and two live action commercials, all telling parts of the same "story." The two live action commercials tell the first part. The first of the animated commercials duplicate the second live action commercial, and the second animated commercial continues from where those left off. A third animated commercial was planned, even storyboarded, but never produced.

The people playing the Science Ninja Team in the live action commercials were the popular Japanese boy band SMAP. As was pointed out, all five members of the Ninja Team were being played by adult men, including Jun and Jinpei. Gotta wonder how they decided who would play who...

You can find more information regarding the NTT material in the "Versions" section of Wendy's Home of the White Shadow site at:

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/index.html

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 01-12-2007 03:32 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: