Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » BotP Comics
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BotP Comics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

i may be sharing them on my group..got to see how big the files will be..

No new posts 13-07-2006 18:45 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If you do put them on your group, send me a link please.

No new posts 14-07-2006 04:12 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
BOTP Comics Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Gatchaman fans! Very happy to be here!

I loved the BOTP comic series but the end left unanswered questions. I wrote to Top Cow and they replied BOTP was cancelled because of low sales. (Curses!) I hope when BOTP interests renew by the general comic readers that they will continue with the series.

No new posts 01-09-2006 04:08 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Welcome, CondorFan.

BOTP comic may be less than alive, but check out the stuff about the new Gatch movie. Fingers always crossed for something around here.

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 01-09-2006 15:03 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Condorfan. I agree that the ending really did need to be told. To bad they never finished it. Maybe they will realize that there are a lot more people out there buying it.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 01-09-2006 20:39 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Welcome welcome Condorfan, nice to see a new face as always.

Enjoy the corruption Biglaugh1

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-09-2006 12:13 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Welcome Condorfan. I agree that the ending really did need to be told. To bad they never finished it. Maybe they will realize that there are a lot more people out there buying it.

The reason it got cancelled is because there just weren't enough people out there buying it. It started out as Top Cow's biggest ever first issue, I think they sold over a quarter of a million copies. But people stopped buying it. So that's why the manga was in black and white, and after that the whole thing was cancelled.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 02-09-2006 16:09 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks meridianday, I guess it was because of people like me that never took the time to investigate what all BOTP/Gatch things were out there. Maybe if more of us had then we could have seen the total outcome.

***Gatchgirl hangs head down in shame for not pursuing an old time friend like BOTP****

No new posts 02-09-2006 17:00 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Naah, there aren't a quarter of a million people out there who didn't check it out at the time. It didn't get good reviews, and I assume people just gave up buying it.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 02-09-2006 19:20 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Could the reason be that the comics were not successful because the BOTP comics were more like Gatchaman? I first saw this series as BOTP and only recently have seen the Gatchaman series for the first time. A lot of comic readers are adults, perhaps they felt it was not like the old BOTP series they remembered--there was no 7-Zark-7 (except a brief cameo here and there). No offense to 7-Zark-7 fans, but I prefer him NOT being there.

No new posts 03-09-2006 05:23 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Who can say? I don't personally think that was the reason. I think the writing could have been a lot better.

The size of the launch would have been helped by Alex Ross's name on the comic, and a lot of people might have bought it because they were more interested in him - lots of them might have never heard of BOTP before. There's no way to know what proportion of the buyers that would have been, but sales started to drop off very noticeably after issue 4.

No new posts 03-09-2006 07:31 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
Welcome welcome Condorfan, nice to see a new face as always.

Enjoy the corruption Biglaugh1

And the madness. Don't forget the madness and the rubber room.

No new posts 03-09-2006 11:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

********* Gatchgirl slowly walkes by with whistling with her evil smile across her face. Rubber room........whats the rubber room........?!**********

No new posts 03-09-2006 12:08 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Flashing2

No new posts 03-09-2006 18:28 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Springie shrugs and blushes...better late than never... Welcome Condorfan! I agree with you about the comics! I'm dying to find out what happens next...how could they leave us hanging like that? I'd love for some of the wonderful fic writers out there to fill me in with their take on what happens next...Jason can't have become a traitor!! I believe he's spying on Spectra and trying to ruin Zoltar's plans from the "inside"...Condor

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-09-2006 03:12 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Ner face it Condor sold out Nobody1

The gatchgoon suit just looked so much better he thought.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 04-09-2006 09:41 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Springie shrugs and blushes...better late than never... Welcome Condorfan! I agree with you about the comics! I'm dying to find out what happens next...how could they leave us hanging like that? I'd love for some of the wonderful fic writers out there to fill me in with their take on what happens next...Jason can't have become a traitor!! I believe he's spying on Spectra and trying to ruin Zoltar's plans from the "inside"...Condor

Hello Springie! (I like that name!)
I too am dying to know what happens. I don't Jason could be a traitor-but on the otherhand, he thinks his parents were from Spectra so is he is going to play his part as he had told Mark he was going to?

No new posts 04-09-2006 18:13 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Thanks Condorfan! Yeah, I remember he says to Mark something about "You with the white hat, and me with the black hat"...I never thought of that before...but I have to believe that he has a really good reason for playing the traitor role!!!Smirk

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-09-2006 20:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have a feeling that he is too. Wish we could have seen the ending.

No new posts 05-09-2006 00:10 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I read that Marc Silvestri, Editor at Top Cow, will be at Wizard World Texas at the Arlington Convention Center on November 10 & 11. Hmm, I wonder if someone will ask him about BOTP.

Wait! I have a cunning plan! Kidnap him from the airport, hold him for ransom..(no, no, no--forget that!)

No new posts 05-09-2006 16:32 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: