Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Is it just me?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is it just me?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Is it just me? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As a young teenager (female), I was convinced that in BOTP Princess was interested in Mark in more ways than Mark was interested in her. He was attracted to her, but she was the one pushing.

But, I'm watching the series again, and I'm seeing it as the exact opposite. He flirts with her, sends her messages, tells her he's attracted to her. She's sorta shy about the whole thing. No mention at all about teammates shouldn't be doing such things.

So, is this yet another instance of my uniqueness, or is it common?

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 09-04-2004 17:56 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
CondorRTB CondorRTB is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

its just you Tongue

No new posts 13-04-2004 04:14 CondorRTB is offline Send an Email to CondorRTB Search for Posts by CondorRTB Add CondorRTB to your Buddy List Add CondorRTB to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ClutchRTB YIM Screenname: rbaileysth
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Now my curiosity is piqued. I'll have to find some eps and view them again!

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 13-04-2004 07:53 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Doe's anyone know where I can get a hold of the original eps? I may as well see what all the fuss is about afterall Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 13-04-2004 12:03 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Those bootlegged box sets that keep on appearing on Ebay (and is it discountanimedvd.com) are a cheaper than most way to see it. Or the Rhino DVDs have Gatch eps on as well as BOTP and they have far superior subtitles to the bootlegs. And they're legal.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 13-04-2004 12:36 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

I cannot really answer your question as I need to re-watch my Rhino Box Set DVD's and do a little Mark and Princess research...

But, I do know this much. While watching the series back in the late 70's, I easily picked up on the subtle looks and gestures that Princess gave Mark. I kind of thought that Mark felt the same way, although he didn't show it. I was only 8 years old at the time, a child that didn't really understand the dynamics of men and women and relationships. It was the first time I really remember that boys could like girls and girls could like boys. I also remember having 'strange' feelings for Mark....

In any case, the Boomerang Network is airing a BOtP 24 hour marathon on April 25th. I have my DVR all ready to start downloading it onto its hard drive so that I can copy them all over to VHS. So, I will have plenty of hours of research ahead of me!

No new posts 13-04-2004 13:57 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Mark takes after his Father, -all duty and no balls (or brain for that matter.)

He will never make a family man. Too self centered.

Princess had better wait until Keyop gets a little bigger, -there one man who does do things for her.

No new posts 13-04-2004 14:40 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
CondorRTB CondorRTB is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2002

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
Doe's anyone know where I can get a hold of the original eps? I may as well see what all the fuss is about afterall Big Grin

http://www.sundevildvd.com

No new posts 19-04-2004 04:28 CondorRTB is offline Send an Email to CondorRTB Search for Posts by CondorRTB Add CondorRTB to your Buddy List Add CondorRTB to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ClutchRTB YIM Screenname: rbaileysth
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella It was the first time I really remember that boys could like girls and girls could like boys. I also remember having 'strange' feelings for Mark....

i remember * running * home from school so that i wouldn't miss it. when it got changed from showing in the afternoon to showing at 7:00 in the morning, i even got up early for it.

and for me, that was amazing. my mother was usually still trying to shake me away fifteen minutes before i had to leave for school. so you can see the depth of my hero worship.

i thought for * sure * Mark and Princess were going to kiss at some point. because of that, i always picked Jason as my favorite.

now that am older and working my way through Gatchaman, i think i can safely say would not kick either of them out of bed.

No new posts 19-04-2004 06:23 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
mei

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-03-2003

spacer

quote:
now that am older and working my way through Gatchaman, i think i can safely say would not kick either of them out of bed.

Oh really? I thought you'd threaten to commit homicide if any of them dare to leave without being dismissed. Big Grin

Mei

No new posts 19-04-2004 07:14 mei is offline Send an Email to mei Search for Posts by mei Add mei to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Cheers Condor! I'll take a peek Spyglass

No new posts 19-04-2004 11:46 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
ninja-sam ninja-sam is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep

Big Ten, Cep!

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000090230

Um...did you mean BotP or Gatch? If you meant Gatch, there's a brand new subtitled set coming out soon, with GOOD translations and all the names correct!

No new posts 23-05-2004 06:17 ninja-sam is offline Send an Email to ninja-sam Homepage of ninja-sam Search for Posts by ninja-sam Add ninja-sam to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That BOTP box set is at least £10 cheaper from amazon.co.uk....

And I have already started saving up for the legitimate subtitled Gatch from ADV. Wish I knew more about their release plans & schedule though.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 23-05-2004 07:09 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Cep, its £65 from your local WH Smiths....

No new posts 23-05-2004 09:37 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Woot! I'll go fetch em next week with me vouchers!

No new posts 23-05-2004 11:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Thanks for the link for Gatchaman EP's unfortunately I dont use paypal so I cant get them through there

No new posts 23-05-2004 12:34 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

<whispers>

Looks like we made a convert here!

No new posts 23-05-2004 13:18 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

<whispers back>

Probably need to wait and see if he enjoys it first...

No new posts 23-05-2004 13:23 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Your right.....perhaps its too big a dose at once...nigh on 30 hours footage

I, personaly, would never be able to take more than 12 at a time.

No new posts 23-05-2004 17:14 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: