Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Ykywtmgw
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ykywtmgw
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Ykywtmgw Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The power's out across most of the Shire, I've got the fire going and the generator running and I think to myself... if I see any robot ants with tiny mufflers poking out their bums, I'm going to have to put more coffee in the whiskey next time.

The ants went marching one by one,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!
With mufflers poking out their bums,
And they all went marching...

No new posts 27-07-2017 10:23 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

. . . 'til Joe blew up the dam.

No new posts 27-07-2017 10:31 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hope you get power back soon.

We had a blackout here yesterday morning (some bright spark drove into a power pole and it took a couple of hours for power to be restored). At least you have the fire and the genny. We have nothing at our place without power - no lights, no heat, no way of coooking, no hot water . . . and my laptop would only last about an hour on battery power.

No new posts 27-07-2017 10:35 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Hope you get power back before your devices die. Smile

No new posts 27-07-2017 21:04 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Hope you get power back before your devices die. Smile

Yeah, what she said! If not, I hope you've got something to occupy your time... Drunk

No new posts 27-07-2017 21:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The power ended up being off for just under 23 hours, so while those of us with generators were able to keep fridges and lights running, the local telephone exchange fell over after 6 hours and we don't have a mobile (cell) tower, so we were completely without communications (including access to 000/911) for quite some time.

People assure me I'm living in the 21st century.

No new posts 30-07-2017 09:27 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Whee!

No new posts 30-07-2017 19:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGhostOwl
People assure me I'm living in the 21st century.

Oh, but you are, GGO! This is the Century of the SNAFU!

No new posts 30-07-2017 20:04 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I could believe that.

We're supposed to be getting a cell tower some time before the end of 2018, but given that the information was provided by a politician, it's one of those, "I'll believe it when I see it," things.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that people out here don't spend all their time staring into the screens of their smartphones - we actually engage in human interaction, instead.

No new posts 02-08-2017 00:25 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: