Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Gatchaman Fighter Gets North American DVD Release
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Fighter Gets North American DVD Release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Fighter Gets North American DVD Release Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Sentai Filmworks announced that they will be releasing Gatchaman Fighter on DVD in North America.

The series will be released as a complete set of all 48 episodes on July 4, 2017, with a suggested retail price of $79.98, though I'm sure you'll be able to find it at a lower price if you shop around. The series will be in Japanese with English subtitles. At this point, no BluRay version has announced.

Sentai's press release info for the series is as follows:

Title: GATCHAMAN FIGHTER COMPLETE COLLECTION

Published by: Sentai Filmworks

Distributed by: Section23 Films

Run Time: 1200 min.

Street Date: 7/4/2017

Format: DVD

Language: Japanese with English Subtitles

SYNOPSIS: The fight against Leader X was finally over, but a small portion of his evil remained and regenerated into Leader Z! Now, with the aid of the monstrous Count Egobossler, the Gatchaman team's arch-foe is out to destroy the world again, and even though their ranks have been decimated, the Gatchaman force has no choice but to keep fighting. To combat their new foes, they'll need new weapons and new allies, but their mission remains the same: protect the Earth and Mankind, no matter the cost. And that cost may prove to be the ultimate one when the new Gatchafencer blade wielded by Ken turns out to be a double-edged sword. Find out who will live, who will die, and who will triumph as Japan's most famous sci-fi fighter team takes on their greatest challenge in GATCHAMAN FIGHTER!

James

No new posts 22-03-2017 01:31 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Fantastic! Glad to see that we'll have the whole series now. Too bad it won't be on Blu-ray, but as with Gatch II, I'll take whatever we can get! Smile

I don't see a listing on Amazon yet, but you can pre-order on RightStuf here:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Gatchaman-Fighter-DVD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 22-03-2017 at 11:48.
No new posts 22-03-2017 11:47 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

YES YES YES!!!

No new posts 22-03-2017 21:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

That awesome news!

No new posts 23-03-2017 09:25 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Amazon.com lists it now but with no sale price. Waiting to see if it or Amazon.ca or RightStuf will be cheapest. For Gatch II it was cheaper for me to order it from Amazon.com instead of .ca for some reason.

No new posts 23-03-2017 22:03 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The Amazon US listing is here for those interested:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSTM518/ref...tchaman+fighter

No new posts 23-03-2017 23:12 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I'm wondering when watching it all the way through... if I'd cry at the end... box of tissues...

No new posts 24-03-2017 02:59 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'm dying to see this with English subtitles! Hopefully, I can get a set soon!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-03-2017 00:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

So excited. Rightstuff Anime just sent me an email saying my Gatchaman F DVD is on its way to me! Yay!!!

Yippee Clap Jumping woohoo whoo

No new posts 23-05-2017 14:15 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got my notice too, Katblu! Smile Thumbsup

No new posts 23-05-2017 22:28 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

As I'm posting this, DeepDiscount.com is asking $54.64. I'm sure the price will go down further as the release date draws closer.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/gatchaman-fighter/816726022703

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 27-05-2017 at 01:32.
No new posts 27-05-2017 01:31 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Woo! My copy of Gatchaman F has arrived!

It's packaged pretty much like Gatch II, and the artwork is what we see online,etc. I assume it'll be pretty much what we expect otherwise, but will report back later. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask! Smile

No new posts 27-05-2017 15:41 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Received mine today! Gatch II and Gatch Fighter getting ready sometime after the hectic holiday and work trips to DC...

No new posts 27-05-2017 21:51 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Just ordered mine, will take up to 30 days to arrive.

No new posts 28-05-2017 00:43 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OK an interesting bit I noticed while watching Gatch F--I don't think this is really a spoiler, just something I caught.

In one episode Joe goes back to BC Island, except the subtitles are writing it as "Vici" Island. The only thing I can come up with that might explain the mistake is that whoever interpreted the series wasn't familiar with the series (ok, understandable), and second, that maybe due to the voice actors' accent (Isao Sasaki) when saying "BC" it was misheard and interpreted as "Vici". Idea1

No new posts 06-06-2017 11:42 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

The "Vici Island" thing is an understandable mistake. As pronounced, it would be "Bee-She" (Okay, "Bi-Shi," (ビーシー) for those who are more familiar with Japanese pronunciation). It's also likely that their translator was working from scripts provided by Tatsunoko, where the name was likely spelled out as "ビーシー島," not "BC島." As fans, we know that "ビーシー島" is "BC Island," but for someone who is not as familiar with the series, their translator was likely trying to find something that would look "right" in English while still preserving the name as it reads. Thus, "Vici." We have to remember that translating is part knowledge/part art, and not everyone is going to agree on an interpretation.

James

No new posts 11-06-2017 03:25 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

A small, but interesting, trivia note regarding that BC Island episode. After my previous post, I remembered that I do have both the scenario and the recording script for this particular episode. So, I decided to check and see how they had spelled BC Island, with the Romaji "BC" or the Katakana "ビーシー." It turns out that, as first written, they didn't use either. In fact, Joe wasn't going to go to BC Island at all. Instead, he was going to go back to Sicily! Obviously, someone caught this at the last minute and changed it to the appropriate BC Island, and Sentai's translator was working from a script marked with corrections (Which, alas, I don't have), but it's still funny to realize how close that mistake likely came to going on the air.

To be fair, this error wasn't entirely scriptwriter Haruya Yamazaki's fault. This was the first script for any Gatchaman series that he had written, and his references for the characters came from the series Planning Establishment, which says that Joe was born in Sicily, and says nothing about BC Island. With that as your only background material, I think any of us would have written that he was going to Sicily too! Regardless, I'm glad they caught and corrected the error before it was too late.

And, in case you cared, Mr. Yamazaki wrote only two more Gatchaman Fighter scripts, for episode #'s 28 and 31. Since neither of those involved the character's histories, Mr. Yamazaki avoided facing more embarrassing moments like that could have caused.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 11-06-2017 at 20:07.
No new posts 11-06-2017 20:06 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ooh, thanks for the background!

No new posts 11-06-2017 23:07 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Definitely interesting James! Thumbsup

No new posts 11-06-2017 23:12 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Deep Discount is currently offering the series for $42.99, and has a sale going on where you can get an additional 15% off that price by using the promo code BAYWATCH. With free shipping, but that annoying sales tax added in, the total for my order came to $39.46. That discount sale runs through 12:00pm Central Time on Friday, June 30th, so you still have a few days to take advantage of it, if you wish.

As noted earlier, the link to their Gatchaman Fighter listing is as follows:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/gatchaman-fighter/816726022703

James

No new posts 28-06-2017 01:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: