Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » New BOTP series...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New BOTP series...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
New BOTP series... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

By the rumours flying around the fandom the new BOTP series is potentially on the horizon.

Let pretend for just a second they want us experienced long-term fans input to help do some improvements.

What would yours be??

Mine would be an actually ending!! As a Kid I kept wondering when the second season was starting. And of course the obvious... my dream as a kid Mark/Prin.

Do we want the adult version???

No new posts 30-01-2017 05:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmm... Most people would go for no Zark, right?

But what I would like would be more screen time for Anderson, plus more background story for the team.

Aaah, we can only dream Smile

No new posts 30-01-2017 11:37 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think I would want continuous story arcs.. There seem to be a few in BotP, but the episodes can't be placed in an order so they all make sense, if you know what I mean.

Like just about everyone else here, I would like to see NO Zark, or if they have to include him then make him more bearable and Less Gary Stu!

Clothing, birdstyle, weapons and vehicles to be heedful of the original series. Character backstories and clarification on the Mark/Princess relationship too.

No new posts 30-01-2017 12:10 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
RE: New BOTP series... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Mine would be an actually ending!! As a Kid I kept wondering when the second season was starting. And of course the obvious... my dream as a kid Mark/Prin.

There was an article a while back saying they were doing a reboot but that was, what, 2 years ago? Don't know what's going on with that.

I obsessively rewatched trying to catch the ending as a kid!!! A ending is definitely on the list. Smile

I agree with either no Zark or at least a better done Zark that's not so invasive and annoying. I also agree with longer story arcs. Would love to see more background/backstory on the characters.

Oddly I don't care about the shipping. Maybe it's because while as a kid I loved Princess/Mark (and I still do enjoy it), I'm much more into Mark/Jason now and I can't see that being done in canon. I'm kind of enjoying another show's approach in not hinting at any couples among the team.

No new posts 30-01-2017 22:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I'd like Zark to more like a Q in James Bond. The guy who produces the cool destructive toys but isn't soooo...annoying.

I'm, okay with relationships, makes it less sterile. (My view anyway.)

More backstory for Princess!

No new posts 30-01-2017 23:03 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

You also have to consider what it does to a person to be doing that kind of undercover work for decades on end with a singular focus on a goal.

No new posts 31-01-2017 20:33 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

I think I agree in general with most of what's been said here.

Less Zarky-Sue. Maybe have him a bit more like Jarvis, as voiced by Paul Bettenay in the Iron Man movie franchise. I liked the way Jarvis could be a tiny bit snarky while still managing to sound polite.

The thing that always got me about Zark was the way he talked down to the audience and expected us to believe stuff that was either wildly implausible or blatantly untrue.

More character development. Absolutely.

More on the dynamics between the characters - if Jason really does want to be in command, let's explore his reasons, and for cryin' out loud, don't turn him into The Starscream. Jason's also the resident Snark Knight and we'd need to not only keep that but dial it up to eleven.

More backstory for Spectra. I mean, I get that in the original their planet was dying (according to Word of Giant Blue Chicken) and they needed to find a new home, but why Earth? In the BotP-verse, there are LOADS of Goldilocks worlds out there, so why not just relocate to one of those without going to the expense of waging an interplanetary conflict? We need an actual reason, and it would be horribly ironic if it turned out to be Russian hackers or something, but I can live with irony. (I figure it's probably tax reasons.)

As to the Mark/Princess ship, yeah, I get that, and military organisations have no-frat regs for very sound reasons, so if it could be played a bit like the Sam/Jack ship in Stargate SG-1, I'd be happy with that. Maybe they could get together at the end, only not off-screen like Sam and Jack.

Someone please hire a speech therapist and/or an oral surgeon and an orthodontist for Keyop. I mean that. Really I do.

Also the clothes. A couple of changes of clothing would be nice.

Finally, take Anderson's little glimpses of snark and turn him into the Snark Knight Mentor, bouncing off of Jason's Bright Young Snark Knight for a massive series-encompassing snarkfest. And for heaven's sake, someone buy that man a decent suit!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 01-02-2017 at 00:12.
No new posts 01-02-2017 00:09 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: