Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » An interesting Christmas present
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An interesting Christmas present
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Will see if i find a source. I'm looking for some more acid free tissue paper myself. I have silks that need to updated in storage. I learn more about storing textiles like silks.

But older artworks have the same principles. All my folders are acid free. So far works in them 10yrs + are still okay. My fashion plates are in good order.

But my climate is good, not as humid aa other places. Sunlight would mine. High UV ratings in Aust.

The photos are of the Russian royal family. I used to do a lot of costuming so I have them for study on making them.
)

Hola Ebony,

Wow! It seems that you have a nice collection. Keeping fabrics shouldn't be easy as it is with photographs. I would love to see the ones from the Russian Royal family. When I traveled to St Petersburg and I visit their cathedral, learned a lot about them. Very sad story of theirs and tragic ending.

You are lucky to have a place that doesn't have much humidity. In Malaysia, we have 80-90% so I have to be so careful with my cels. Sometimes I take them out from their box and put them outside to air them.

Yes, it's like having a child, taking care that doesn't get molded, spoiled by light or dunk themselves in acid!

Wink1

Condor

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adrianag on 04-01-2017 at 14:43.
No new posts 04-01-2017 14:40 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
One thing you can do when framing is to use UV-filtering glass. However, out of direct sunlight is still important I'm sure. My house has a lot of natural light, which is great for some stuff, but not for displaying things!

Hola Chris!

Framing cels is the worst you could do. Even natural light damage them. So, this is a hobby that needs to be kept in dark, control humidity places.

In one word, can't be displayed and enjoyed! At least not openly.

Bored

Condor

No new posts 04-01-2017 14:46 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: