Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Sentai Filmworks announced that they will be releasing Gatchaman II on DVD in North America.

The series will be released as a complete set of all 52 episodes on April 18, 2017, with a suggested retail price of $79.98, though I'm sure you'll be able to find it at a lower price if you shop around. The series will be in Japanese with English subtitles. At this point, no BluRay version has announced.

Sentai's press release info for the series is as follows:

Title: GATCHAMAN ll COMPLETE COLLECTION

Published by: Sentai Filmworks

Distributed by: Section23 Films

Run Time: 1300 min.

Street Date: 4/18/2017

Format: DVD

Language: Japanese with English Subtitles

SRP: $79.98

SYNOPSIS: It's been two years since the International Science Organization and their elite Science Ninja Team strike force defeated the threat of GALACTOR at the cost of Joe the Condor's life. However, there's no time limit on evil, and when Leader X stages a horrific attack on a cruise ship, there's only one force in the universe with a chance of stopping them! Can the Gatchaman team adapt to working with Joe's replacement in time to stop Leader X from mutating one of the victims into GALACTOR's new leader? Or does the ISO have a secret weapon lurking in the wings, ready to help save the day? For the first time, the uncut, uncensored second season of the series that set the standard for Japanese science fiction storms American shores in GATCHAMAN II!

James

No new posts 21-12-2016 05:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Sentai Filmworks announced that they will be releasing Gatchaman II on DVD in North America.

James

Yes, finally! This was one of the titles they'd been after for a couple years. Unfortunately there won't be any extras aside from clean open/close credits. This is also likely to be DVD only for now, since I don't think an HD remaster has been done in Japan yet (it certainly hasn't been announced or released there, if so). Should anyone want to pre-order Gatchaman II directly from Sentai at $49.99, it can be done here:

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/product...lete-collection

Otherwise, it will be up for pre-order on Amazon soon.

Great end of the year announcement!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 21-12-2016 at 08:05.
No new posts 21-12-2016 07:50 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yay, Merry Christmas! Smile

Ugh, they'll only ship to US addresses. Might have to wait for it to show up on Amazon and see if the pre-order discount is there too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 21-12-2016 at 21:40.
No new posts 21-12-2016 20:29 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 21-12-2016 at 20:38.
No new posts 21-12-2016 20:36 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

This is fantastic! I am so excited! Maybe if it sells well, they'll do Fighter!

No new posts 21-12-2016 22:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola James,

This is definitely a Christmas present for all of us! Yes!!! we will finally have a decent translation and enjoy the series.

Who knows? Maybe later a English dubbing will follow.....I really hope so!

Thank you Jason for the update. Yes! I will order from Sentai as it is cheaper!

TJ, let's cross our fingers for Gatchaman F

Heh

Condor

No new posts 22-12-2016 04:49 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Excellent news! Too bad there's no Blu-ray, but we'll take what we can get, right?

This set is also available for pre-order at RightStuf:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Gatchman-II-DVD

Edit:

It seems Amazon US has a placeholder listing for the series as well (though they misspelled the title):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9K50O4/ref...LETE+COLLECTION

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 23-12-2016 at 20:57.
No new posts 22-12-2016 23:09 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I can't wait for an english dubbing of both series, but even translations are good until they eventually do it.
Yay!

No new posts 23-12-2016 01:49 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the tip, Redbird! I set up an email alert, so Amazon will ell me when I can order!

No new posts 24-12-2016 05:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

For some reason, Amazon never contacted me, but you can now pre-order through them for $50.

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Excellent news! Too bad there's no Blu-ray, but we'll take what we can get, right?

This set is also available for pre-order at RightStuf:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Gatchman-II-DVD

Edit:

It seems Amazon US has a placeholder listing for the series as well (though they misspelled the title):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9K50O4/ref...LETE+COLLECTION

No new posts 23-01-2017 21:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

My DVD set is on the way! I ordered my DVD set from RightStuf, so if anyone else has done so, I would expect yours might be shipping soon too as well Smile

No new posts 21-03-2017 22:07 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

My only draw back is will play in Australia. I've had DVD's from the US that turn out to have the wrong coding in the past. (Annoying!)

No new posts 23-03-2017 10:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Ikwym Ebony, I'm having the same thoughts about this in the UK too. I

No new posts 23-03-2017 10:54 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
My only draw back is will play in Australia. I've had DVD's from the US that turn out to have the wrong coding in the past. (Annoying!)

I have ordered a set. I'll worry about whether I can get it to play after I get it here from America. (I had to have it shipped to a friend over there as Sentai Filmworks wouldn't ship it to Australia).
If I have to buy a cheap multi-region DVD player I will consider it a small price to pay to be able to see the whole series, including Fighter.

No new posts 23-03-2017 11:02 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

A cheap all region or multi-region DVD player is indeed the way to go, unless your computer has an older enough DVD player to be able to play DVDs from other regions.

I ordered mine from Amazon and it hasn't shipped yet. *pout*

No new posts 23-03-2017 22:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

A region free/all region DVD/Blu-ray player is definitely the way to go. I got one probably about 15 years ago and never looked back. Have been very happy with mine. I'd be happy to answer any questions about them if needed. Prices have come down a lot over the last few years, so there's a good range of models to fit budgets, etc.

No new posts 23-03-2017 23:17 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
A cheap all region or multi-region DVD player is indeed the way to go, unless your computer has an older enough DVD player to be able to play DVDs from other regions.

I've had them in the past but wasn't going to say it here! lol. The last region free player died.
I'll have to save to get them. May have to wait a while.

Then there is the techy alterations DH had done to equipment over time... Ebony looks at xbox...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 24-03-2017 at 02:57.
No new posts 24-03-2017 02:55 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW

I've had them in the past but wasn't going to say it here! lol. The last region free player died.
I'll have to save to get them. May have to wait a while.

Then there is the techy alterations DH had done to equipment over time... Ebony looks at xbox...

Most DVD players on the market in Australia can be 'hacked' to Region 0 (region free.) The instructions are usually in the user manual, otherwise you can find them on the Whirlpool forums and other such places on teh interwebs. I've owned two DVD players, both of them LG, and have been able to set both of them to Region 0 without any trouble at all. My current DVD player also has a VHS deck, which tells you how old it is.

No new posts 24-03-2017 08:52 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGhostOwl
Most DVD players on the market in Australia can be 'hacked' to Region 0 (region free.) The instructions are usually in the user manual, otherwise you can find them on the Whirlpool forums and other such places on teh interwebs.

Yes, there is that too. I was lucky enough to have a DVD player here in the US, that was able to be hacked many years ago. Don't recall the brand, but I don't think the model is available any longer....

No new posts 24-03-2017 11:56 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

How exciting! I hope to buy a set sometime!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-03-2017 00:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: