Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Election night
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Election night
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Election night Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear Gatchamaniacs from the US -- just remember, you are not alone!

Enjoy the election night!

No new posts 08-11-2016 16:03 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Peeper Thanks, DT...I'm just going to hunker down until this is over! (And, in case you're wondering, I did vote.)

No new posts 08-11-2016 16:59 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

FOR ALL AMERICANS SICK OF ELECTION DAY COVERAGE: The Weather Channel is showing pastoral scenes with gentle, soothing music in the background until midnight. Angel2

No new posts 08-11-2016 20:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Well, whoever wins tonight, Good Luck USA!

No new posts 08-11-2016 20:58 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I did vote. Definitely not enjoying election night. Ugh.

No new posts 09-11-2016 02:40 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

so Trump has triumphed? WTF

No new posts 09-11-2016 07:52 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Unbelievable...

But maybe that was the problem... that we thought it would be unbelievable.

No new posts 09-11-2016 09:11 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I found the results on the national, state, and local levels to be depressing -- if not downright horrible! I'm afraid my life as a person whose sole source of income is a disability check is going to get significantly harder. Mecry

No new posts 09-11-2016 09:30 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Luvu4 and Hug and lots of Alcoholic1 and chocolate
obviously this year is not done with it's "Fun and Games" xox

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by littlewolf on 09-11-2016 at 10:19.
No new posts 09-11-2016 10:17 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
I found the results on the national, state, and local levels to be depressing -- if not downright horrible! I'm afraid my life as a person whose sole source of income is a disability check is going to get significantly harder. Mecry

EW, I really hope that the welfare/health system in the US will be resilient enough to withstand anything Trump and his mates can throw at it. It beggars belief how his supporters don't see how his policies affect real people and their real life. You'd think they live on a different planet.

No new posts 09-11-2016 13:39 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sigh. Frown

No new posts 09-11-2016 20:44 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

It's very simple: hate and fear won!

Hatred of non-whites
Hatred of non-Christians
Hatred of the poor
Hatred of women
Hatred of LGBTQ
Hatred of the environment

Hate won!

No new posts 09-11-2016 21:13 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We need to do away with the Electoral College -- once again the candidate who won the popular vote lost the election because the opposing candidate won the four or five states with the most votes in the Electoral College.

Come to think of it, we could stand a change in the eligibility requirements. How does "To be able to vote, one must A) Have a multi-digit IQ, and B) Have a family tree with branches" sound?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 09-11-2016 at 21:58.
No new posts 09-11-2016 21:32 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, we've allocated who casts their votes in the Electoral College in December. Some states require them to go with how things were allocated, and some don't. I'm not saying I'm advocating that or not, but the EC isn't done and dusted on election day. I'm wondering if Trump will be on his best behavior until then to not tempt them, and if it's even possible for him to behave himself for that long.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 10-11-2016 at 04:55.
No new posts 10-11-2016 04:41 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

For anybody who wants an explanation of the Electoral College without grade school platitudes:

https://youtu.be/90RajY2nrgk

No new posts 10-11-2016 15:36 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

Trump won because the Democratic Party grossly underestimated how much people dislike Hillary Clinton and how deep that hate is. I see people who have such visceral reactions to her that remind me of the classical conditioning that Pavlov did with those dogs. Someone has to say "Hillary" and some people just lose it.

Trump should have lost, but he won because the Democrats ran the worst possible candidate against him.

I don't belong to either party. I disliked both candidates. I knew there was no way I would ever cast a vote for Trump. But I couldn't vote for Clinton, either. She is too divisive. The obstruction that has gone on for the past 8 years would only have gotten worse.

This doesn't mean that I support one party-rule as a means to end the divisiveness. The fact that one party rules now makes me nervous. But we have to get involved and hold people accountable to us. We also have to find common ground. That's only going to come when people put on their big kid pants and act like adults. No leader or member of Congress can magically make us all get along, especially when it's in the best interest of politicians to keep us divided.

No new posts 10-11-2016 18:30 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by msannomalley
Trump won because the Democratic Party grossly underestimated how much people dislike Hillary Clinton and how deep that hate is.

I completely agree. To say that everyone who voted for Trump is racist or sexist (or whatever) is in itself being offensive and unfair. Hillary is hated by many people, and there are many out there who voted for Trump because they wanted to see her lose. I actually know someone who voted for Trump because he was a Bernie Sanders supporter and he couldn't stand Hillary. He'd rather see Trump win than let Hillary win. I'm certain he's not the only person out there with similar thoughts.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 10-11-2016 at 20:19.
No new posts 10-11-2016 20:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's the thing. When you want to see Hillary lose more than you want to stop a monster from getting into the White House, then honestly I don't think Hillary is the problem. I don't think she's a saint, but the Republican party has spent decades slandering her, with constant investigations to make it sound like she MUST be corrupt because if she isn't, why are there so many investigations? The fact that so many people bought into that is depressing. It's put a lot of vulnerable populations at risk, and for what? Pettiness in some cases?

(In other words, they can say that they're not racist or sexist, but they participated in putting a man who brags about sexual assault and courts racist hate groups into the White House. Their hands are not clean.)

That said, I wasn't enthused about her running for that reason. Too many bought into the bullshit and it was going to hurt. Also, note that she DID win the popular vote, though just barely. I agree that the Electoral College really needs to go.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 10-11-2016 at 21:46.
No new posts 10-11-2016 21:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

To top all that off, we'd better pray that Mr. Trump doesn't give into his "If we got 'em, why not use 'em?" attitude toward the nuclear arsenal. (And, please, don't say "He was just kidding" -- when you have the ability to destroy the planet 20 times over, it's no joke!)

No new posts 10-11-2016 22:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

My fear of Trump was stronger than any feeling I had against Hillary. My husband refused to vote because he did not want to vote for either, and neither third party candidate was worth voting for either. In California, he had that luxury.

No new posts 10-11-2016 23:33 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: