Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Who Do You Wish We'd Seen Again?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who Do You Wish We'd Seen Again?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Who Do You Wish We'd Seen Again? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Over the run of the series, we got to meet dozens of interesting guest characters who only appeared once. Are there any that you would have liked to see turn up again in another episode?

Don't let minor details like a character still being alive hamper your choices. Feel free to pick among those who did survive their initial appearance and therefore could have turned up again, as well as those who didn't make it through their episode intact, but you wish had lived so they could have returned!

James

No new posts 11-10-2016 01:13 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In Battle of the Planets, I really loved the introduction of Don Wade. It's something that if they did a remake and kept close enough to have an episode with him, I'd hope they'd expand on him throughout the series.

No new posts 11-10-2016 05:43 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know Springie is going to say Koji!!!!! Wink

I would have liked to see more of Lucy, especially in a flashback, so we could understand how she and Joe knew each other before.

I would like to have seen more of Mako and Getz (the real Getz, not the imposter) in Gatchaman II.

James, which character would *you* have liked to see more of?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 11-10-2016 at 13:21.
No new posts 11-10-2016 13:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I agree that I would have liked to have seen more of Mako and Getz (yes the real one!). LOL.

No new posts 11-10-2016 21:45 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Ah, my first choice would be Lucy, for much the same reason TJ stated, basically how did they know each other before we see her on screen. it would be nice to get some of their backstory.

No new posts 11-10-2016 22:10 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Yup, Lucy, but also Amanda (wasn't she Mark's possible would-be love interest?).

No new posts 11-10-2016 22:28 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Yup, Lucy, but also Amanda (wasn't she Mark's possible would-be love interest?).

Oooh, that was Rumi in the Gatch version. Yeah she'd be interesting to see. And what about Maria, Jinpei's love interest? Tongue

No new posts 12-10-2016 17:19 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I would have liked to see Lucy again, too.

No new posts 12-10-2016 23:24 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola!

In my opinion, I think Koji is a very interesting character, especially before he joined Galactor troops.

Also, I can't remember his name, the general that came up like the Red Baron in the plane with the skull mask. He was the only one who wasn't killed and clever enough to give a good challenge to Gatchaman!

Condor

No new posts 13-10-2016 07:51 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
Also, I can't remember his name, the general that came up like the Red Baron in the plane with the skull mask. He was the only one who wasn't killed and clever enough to give a good challenge to Gatchaman!
Condor

In Gatchaman, that was Katse. In BoTP, his name was Captain Doom, and you're right, he lived to see another day. But we never heard from him again.

No new posts 13-10-2016 12:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Condor

In Gatchaman, that was Katse. In BoTP, his name was Captain Doom, and you're right, he lived to see another day. But we never heard from him again.

...And it's Captain Dooooooooom in my episode rewrite! Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 13-10-2016 at 14:14.
No new posts 13-10-2016 14:13 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

TJ, you know me so well! Koji was the first to enter my mind. How did he and Jun meet? And why was she hanging around with/ flirting with an "older man" at 14? And was she already with the team then?

Anyway...I also am curious about Dr. Demon and his connection with Nambu (and I have to admit LB's very plausible fic about Jun's parents/Dr. Demon/Nambu was what really made me think about it).

Don Wade's backstory would be interesting, too. And Lucy...

Hmmm...and I can't think of her name right now, but the poor girl in the "mannequin" episode that was forced to be in Galactor but wanted to get out...another Joe "love interest"...her name starts with M, I think...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-10-2016 19:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

Hmmm...and I can't think of her name right now, but the poor girl in the "mannequin" episode that was forced to be in Galactor but wanted to get out...another Joe "love interest"...her name starts with M, I think...

She was Maya in Gatchaman, or Tyna in BotP, and yeah, Joe/Jason was interested in her.

No new posts 13-10-2016 21:16 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you, KT! Maya was the name I couldn't think of... my brain is a bit fuzzy today... working all the time isn't so great for the memory!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-10-2016 03:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I'd like to know how (or if?) Kena adjusted after Ken left. (Also, my nit-picky side demands to know how she and Ken could ride that one llama without snapping its back!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 14-10-2016 at 18:02.
No new posts 14-10-2016 18:00 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Silly question: who is Koji in BoTP?

(DT runs to hide, ashamed of her ignorance)

No new posts 15-10-2016 12:12 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

DT, The Bird Missile of Bitterness (episode 56) is one of the 20 episodes that wasn't turned into a BotP episode, so your ignorance is forgiven (at least by me anyway Smile )

No new posts 15-10-2016 13:25 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Hola TJ,

Was he Katse????!!!! Wow! I would had never thought so!
I still remember him clearly from BOTP when I was little because it has such a scary face and dark personality. In Gartchaman I think it has a darker character. It would had been nice to see him again...what a waste of such a good personage!

Condor

jawa

No new posts 15-10-2016 14:26 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:
quote:
Condor

...And it's Captain Dooooooooom in my episode rewrite! Big Grin

Hola EW,

Where do I can read it? Would like to read about this character again!

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adrianag on 15-10-2016 at 14:30.
No new posts 15-10-2016 14:28 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Silly question: who is Koji in BoTP?

(DT runs to hide, ashamed of her ignorance)

No worries! It would have been interesting to have seen that episode done for BOTP, but they would have had to cut so much of it out! I'm afraid it would have been the "Zark episode" *shudder*...

I've often thought about trying to tackle writing that one for BOTP...but it's hard for me to think how to get around all of the killing/ slapping.

No new posts 15-10-2016 14:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: