Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Totally random thoughts...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Totally random thoughts...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Totally random thoughts... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Often, I have insomnia because my brain just won't shut up. Last night, at least it was thinking about Gatchy stuff. Wink Here are some random thoughts/ questions from Springie...

1. If Ken and Jun got married, who would attend the wedding? I assume it would be an intimate affair...maybe a small ceremony on Ken's favorite cliff at sunset...

2. Hmmm... just how many people know about the team's identities and are still living ? I know the girl from episode 4 promised to keep it a secret. Also, the girls in the beauty contest with Jun knew who she really was. Anyone else? Ryu's dad didn't know, but didn't his brother find out? and what about Gatch II/ F characters?

3. And here's a weird one...you know how people smashed names of famous couples together? Ben + Jennifer = Bennifer

Jun+Ken = Jen (Kun was strange)
Jun + Joe= Joe or Jun????
Nambu + Katse= Natse ("Nazi")
Maria + Jinpei= Minpei

Sorry I am insane. I just had to share my random thoughts with you- do you have anything to add?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 31-08-2016 at 18:41.
No new posts 31-08-2016 18:39 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I love the way your mind works, Springie Smile

For Ken and Jun's wedding, I imagine it would just be Nambu and the team. Nambu would get ordained and officiate the marriage, Joe, of course would be Best Man, and Ryu would give Jun away. That would leave Jinpei to be Rage Boy/Ring bearer!

Gonna pass on the second point... because I simply don't know.

For the name mashups, How about Jujo for Jun +Joe or Manpei for Maria and Jinpei. Natse has me ROFL 2 though.

oh, what about Jun + Ryu = Jyu? Luv Zilla

No new posts 31-08-2016 19:15 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'll have to think about those, Springie. But I do have one BotP question that's gnawed at my brain now and then: in one ep. (I can't remember which one off the top of my head), 7-Zark-7 mentions a "grandfather" called 4-Zark-4. THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT!!! Zark's "dad" would be 6-Zark-6, and his "grandfather" would be 5-Zark-5! What gives? Is 5-Zark-5 the "Black Sheep" of the family? (That could be really frightening!) Or are 7-Zark-7 and the folks at Quantum Tobor Labs that bad at math?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 31-08-2016 at 19:21.
No new posts 31-08-2016 19:20 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

maybe 5-Zark-5 is 7-Zark-7's uncle?

No new posts 31-08-2016 19:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
I'll have to think about those, Springie. But I do have one BotP question that's gnawed at my brain now and then: in one ep. (I can't remember which one off the top of my head), 7-Zark-7 mentions a "grandfather" called 4-Zark-4. THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT!!! Zark's "dad" would be 6-Zark-6, and his "grandfather" would be 5-Zark-5! What gives? Is 5-Zark-5 the "Black Sheep" of the family? (That could be really frightening!) Or are 7-Zark-7 and the folks at Quantum Tobor Labs that bad at math?

Yes, 7-Zark-7 mentions his "grandfather" 4-Zark-4 in "Mad New Ruler of Spectra" (episode 21). I have no idea how the fine folks at Quanto-Tobor Labs did their naming, but you're right, something doesn't add up in their lineage. Susan doesn't have a number designation at all and she was made at the same place.

1-Rover-1 had a similar naming structure even though he was made by a different manufacturer, Laboratory K-9.

In the French version of Battle, Susan's character was named 5-Sibel-5, which I thought made a nicer sounding match along with 7-Zark-7 and 1-Rover-1's names. I've often wondered if Susan's character was originally given a number-name-number for the US version. But I haven't uncovered any evidence of that yet.

On yet another side note, 7-Zark-7 was initially called Zark V ("five" I assume, not "vee") on the model sheet drawn by Alex Toth.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 31-08-2016 at 21:40.
No new posts 31-08-2016 21:36 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

I think (only because I can't read Korean subtitles) that in Gatch F, there is an episode where Joe goes back to BC Island and there is a girl named Anna whom he knew when he was a kid (it was apparent that they knew each other and hadn't seen each other in a long time). She finds out, or he tells her (I don't remember off-hand, maybe he went to Birdstyle in front of her) that he's on the Science Ninja Team and she even gets to ride with him in his vehicle and on the Gatchaspartan.

Anyway, this is what I was able to infer from watching that video on You Tube. So if I'm wrong or if someone has anything to add, feel free to add it or correct me.

No new posts 31-08-2016 22:38 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

MsAnn, the video clip in this thread has been taken down, sadly, but the thread seems to confirm what you say.

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=2278

No new posts 31-08-2016 23:17 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer
RE: Totally random thoughts... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Often, I have insomnia because my brain just won't shut up.

One of many ways that great fics are spawned. Happy

No new posts 31-08-2016 23:37 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Springie: There are episodes where Ken introduces himself as "Ken the Eagle" and I think Joe uses "Joe the Condor" at times (not to mention him being called "Condor Joe" during races). So who knows how many people know who he is. However, most of them I doubt would be invited to a team wedding. They're not exactly central to the team's lives and inviting them would put the people invited in more danger, not to mention making it more likely that the wedding would be crashed by the baddies. I imagine it would be a very small affair with the team and maybe some ISO staff they deal with a lot.

No new posts 01-09-2016 00:14 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

OMG- great thoughts, everyone! EW, I am so glad I'm not the only one wondering random things right now...

Jason, thanks for the Zark "family tree" info...haha!

KT, great mashups!! LOL! I like your Jun x Joe mashup better! I agree with your wedding thoughts, too!

msann- great info! I'm not as familiar with Gatch F, so I didn't remember Anna.

Chris- yeah, the way they just spout off their titles like it's not a big deal drives me crazy. Or when they talk to each other on the bracelets and announce their titles, "This is G3, Jun the Swan..." *facepalm*

I agree that a lot of these "extras' probably wouldn't be invited to the wedding, but who knows? Maybe they were closer to some "off camera"...haha I agree that for security reasons they'd probably be "hush-hush"...

Katherine- I actually thought about attempting a fic, but my time is so limited these days. If anyone else feels inspired by anything on this thread, be my guest! It might be easier to draw a picture... Smile

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2016 02:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola everyone!

Thinking about what Speingie said, well, it seems to me that the team was very careful in keeping their identities as a secret. But in Gatchaman II and F, looks to me that they are not as careful as before.

For what I got in Gatchaman F, they even reveal their identities to some friends, like MsAnn said.

Also, I remember Ken telling a friend too.

Regarding your questions Springie.....I want to think that the wedding would be in a cliff like you describe, maybe in front of Red Impulse monument. And all of them would play a part on the event, like KT suggested. Ahhhh..... Snoopy Dance

About the combination of names, I pass.....clueless jeje

peace

No new posts 01-09-2016 04:47 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Unfortunately, Nambu is dead at the end of Gatchaman F, so he cannot perform the ceremony. However I think it would be small. The team is tired and physically beaten up. They wouldn't want a huge thing. It's also possible that they went through some big ceremonies in uniform after the Earth was saved, and they would be sick of it.

I don't think the team would stoop to reading gossip about themselves in the rags, so they would never be concerned about name mashups. Wink

Yeah, Zark's grandfather's name was messed up. I think I explained it in a fic as Zark was 'removed' because he was an embarrassment. Then in another fic, I implied that Zark had an 'older brother' who was 6-Zark-6, and that he had mysteriously 'disappeared'. Not that 7-Zark-7 had anything to do with that.... Devil1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 01-09-2016 at 13:21.
No new posts 01-09-2016 13:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Nice ideas, adriana! I need to go back and look at II and F!

TJ- what if they had a small, secret ceremony before (or at the beginning of) Gatch F? And now I'm wondering who would perform the ceremony if they married at the very end of F...Director Anderson?

As for the mashups- I could see Jun buying a copy of the Utoland Enquirer just to tease Ken with it. Or Jinpei getting it just to tease Jun and Ken. Joe would just give the idea the finger and Ryu would laugh it off.

LOL! I remember your sinister thoughts on Zark! ROFL! Devil3

No new posts 01-09-2016 14:31 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can totally picture Jinpei/Keyop following all of the gossip rags, and even spreading rumors himself!

No new posts 01-09-2016 21:58 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Let's see...

Wouldn't there be a support crew for the team that they may have made friends with that would be invited to Ken and Jun's wedding?

As for Joe telling an old childhood female friend who he is, might you be referring to Cathy, the blonde who impersonated Jun who turned out to also be a cyborg that Joe fell instantly in love with but she ended up sacrificing herself to save Joe on a mission they had been sent on?

I have an Aunt June and Uncle Joe, so no mismassing of names there.

No new posts 01-09-2016 23:52 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Let's see...

Wouldn't there be a support crew for the team that they may have made friends with that would be invited to Ken and Jun's wedding?

As for Joe telling an old childhood female friend who he is, might you be referring to Cathy, the blonde who impersonated Jun who turned out to also be a cyborg that Joe fell instantly in love with but she ended up sacrificing herself to save Joe on a mission they had been sent on?

I have an Aunt June and Uncle Joe, so no mismassing of names there.

Kathy was another cyborg in Gatch II. She and Joe had never met before that episode. Anna had black hair and that episode took place on BC Island during Gatch F. Anna was human, had short black hair, and it was clear that they knew each other when they were kids.

No new posts 02-09-2016 01:33 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I can totally picture Jinpei/Keyop following all of the gossip rags, and even spreading rumors himself!

Lol2 Just imagine how badly they'd strangle him if he called in as an informant! He gets mad at his sister- or any member of the team, and makes something up. Hmmm... he could even send in a snapshot as an anonymous informant...

No new posts 03-09-2016 14:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW

Lol2 Just imagine how badly they'd strangle him if he called in as an informant! He gets mad at his sister- or any member of the team, and makes something up. Hmmm... he could even send in a snapshot as an anonymous informant...

...And he'd get some money from it, too! (Danny Bonaducci -- the guy who played the red-headded kid on The Partridge Family -- would sell stories about himself to the Enquirer whenever he was strapped for cash!)

No new posts 03-09-2016 15:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I predict a series of Jinpei's pictures coming ... Smile

No new posts 04-09-2016 23:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

😉

No new posts 04-09-2016 23:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: