Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Which Is Your Favorite Episode?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Which Is Your Favorite Episode?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Which Is Your Favorite Episode? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

So, which episode is your absolute favorite one from the series? Or your top 5 favorites, if it's impossible to pick only one. Heck, even your favorite from each incarnation of the series would be fine! No reason to be too rigid here! Just let us know which you find to be the best of the best, and what makes it (Or them) stand out from the others!

James

No new posts 23-08-2016 01:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As a kid, I loved Museum of Mystery (BOTP) because it was a terrific Princess episode, and then led to a great storyline later on where Zoltar developed the de-transmutation ray.

Purely for sentimental value, Secret of the Birdstyles (the equivalent episode) is still my favorite Gatchaman episode as well.

I also love Invulnerable Sosai X, because that episode never fails to crack me up, plus it has the awesome Katse reveal at the end! A close second (for comedy as well) would be Murder Music.

No new posts 23-08-2016 19:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got to think about this.

No new posts 23-08-2016 22:03 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I will also require thought. I'm terrible at breaking it down into faves. Smile

No new posts 23-08-2016 23:07 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I admit I'm struggling to limit it to just a few. I think to sum it up, I would favour the episodes that show the team (at least in part) as regular teens, with real failings as well as the closeness they have.

The boy's shared anger and grief when they believed Jun had died in the jigokillers eps stand out, as well as Secrets of the Birdstyle, and Jun's dismay and determiation over her missing shoe.

Red Impulse's antagonistic attitude towards Ken, yet Ken's reaction towards him when discovering the truth.

Joe's raw hatred towards Galactor, and the realisation of his parents being part of the same organisation.

Jinpei's first crush - says it all really.

Ryu, torn between loyalty to the team, and supporting his family.

i could go on, with the bickering, and rows, the comforting when one's in pain, the pulling together in times of trouble, but you get my drift.

No new posts 24-08-2016 00:08 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

The last five episodes of the first series are definitely favorites.

Duel on Galactor Island is another favorite one.

As far as funny, Murder Music would be my pick.

It's impossible to pick just one as a favorite. Smile

No new posts 24-08-2016 01:18 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

There are so many for me- I need to sit down and think about which ones and the reasons why...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 24-08-2016 01:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Strike at Spectra -- a top Jason ep!

No new posts 24-08-2016 17:39 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I've got to think about this.

Um, yeah. I'm with her. I have lots of favorite scenes, though. If I had to chose a desert-island favorite, I'd be hard pressed to decide between the Jigokiller arc, "Get Katse" (73), BC Island (81), the Destruction of Crescent Coral arc (91-92) and the team's revenge of that in 93 ("...but Ken, weapons aren't all we've got left--don't we also have intelligence and courage?"...one of my favorite Joe quotes), and ep 97 onward. Sans 100, though. Why that got stuck in there, I dunno.

No new posts 25-08-2016 04:11 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ah yes, Pursue Katse! Another classic ep. Although Jinpei in the bird costume is just weird... it freaked me out as a kid!

No new posts 25-08-2016 13:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

"Jigokillers" will always be #1 on my list just for the sheer drama of the episode. It was the one (two-part) episode that left a lasting impression on me. The emotions were really intense in those eps and it was nice to see how much everyone on the team cared about Jun. However, with such intense emotions being shown over Jun's loss, the reunion was a let down for me.

A close second is episode 101 "Heavy Cobra"...with Joe and Ken getting into a fist fight ( I mean...c'mon...I think most of us were dying to see those two go head-to-head just to see who'd win), Jun and Ken on a mission together, and Joe coming to the rescue? What could be better?

I also liked the "Gezora" two-part episode, since it focused on Jun and Jinpei for a change. "Secret of the Birdstyles" has also remained at the top of my list because it was Jun-centric. Even though I didn't like the slap in the Koji episode (or any slap in any episode, for that matter), I liked seeing a little of Jun's past. That episode really sparked my imagination.

hmmmm... I'm seeing a pattern here..."Jun" episodes. Haha!

I enjoyed "Shutterkiller" and the "Peacock" episode for shipper-y reasons...and the one with Trash Island and the rainbow fountain... oh! and of course the destruction of Crescent Coral Base (esp. part 2)...and...I know I am leaving some shipper episodes out...but I can't think of any more at the moment.

Really...I enjoy every episode for one reason or another...especially if there is a lot of team interaction and some "off duty" time at the Snack J. The only episode I really didn't enjoy was the one where Ken goes on a solo mission. I missed the other characters so much. *sniff*

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 27-08-2016 01:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

In a way I'm like Springie -- I tend to find something to like, even in the most cringe-worthy episodes! Some I like mainly because of how easy it was/is for me to parody. But even then, I might find some little thing that I'll watch over and over.

For instance, in the Puppy Episode, when Joe drives back to get the pup, his eyes go from the road, up to the mecha, and back down to the road. It's such a simple thing, yet it's often left out --often, the driver's shown staring straight ahead, even if he needs to avoid enormous craters in the road or meteorites from above. And those few seconds of animation are so beautifully done...sometimes that's all I want to watch.

No new posts 27-08-2016 01:43 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes! I do that, too, EW! If there is some especially nice animation or a nice cel, I'll freeze it sometimes, or rewind. I used to do it much more than I do now...especially when I was trying to draw them.

No new posts 27-08-2016 03:39 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola James!

Well, as the others already mention, this is a difficult one.

In my opinion, I will give the honor to the one that has a particular scene. The "Heavy Cobra" episode 101 has a scene that I still clearly remember in its original Mexican voices for almost 36 years.....

Until now, I can still recall the argument that Jason and Mark had in the alley. In the Spanish version Jason argues with Mark about being always number two and also, about Jun.

When I watched the scene in Gatchaman, then I understood that it had nothing to do with those two claims. Interesting how BOTP changed the idea.

The other episode is about Zoltar, when the team briefly had a glimpse of his long blond hair! For years this puzzled me. It's nice to know the entire story now.

Thanks for the memories!

Wave2

No new posts 28-08-2016 05:04 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I need to give it some thought like most everyone else here, but right off the top of my head I can immediately name the two parter;

"Completion of the Plan to Destroy the Crescent Base" and "The End of the Crescent Base", episodes 91 & 92 (especially #92)

No new posts 29-08-2016 23:09 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I know I'm in the minority (of one, yes, I know!), but any of the 13 episodes with Red Impulse are faves -- and one of those particular favorites is the one where he has his size tens up on the desk and he's telling Nambu he's 'too busy' to go out on a mission for him. *snerk*

For reasons I can't quite explain, I like the episode with the Red Sand because it shows the team in action and undercover (and that whole bit with the coin at the end was awesome!).

No new posts 06-09-2016 00:08 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: