Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hola! I'm back and with some Gatchaman treasures!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hola! I'm back and with some Gatchaman treasures!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Hola! I'm back and with some Gatchaman treasures! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola everyone!

Firstly, I would like to apologize for being away for so long. Between work and my passion for another anime (Candy Candy), I couldn't keep in touch.

But now, I'm back and I would like to share with you all some of my recent purchases.... real treasures!

Hope everyone is fine and I will try to be here as often as our daily tasks allow me to do so.

Hugs to you all
Adriana

No new posts 03-08-2016 18:01 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Treasure indeed, they look fantastic, Adriana. Thank you for sharing them with us Smile

No new posts 03-08-2016 18:06 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
Treasure indeed, they look fantastic, Adriana. Thank you for sharing them with us Smile

Hola KT!

I'm glad to hear from you! Of course I love sharing them....more on the way!

Have a great day ahead!

Hugs
Elk

No new posts 03-08-2016 18:20 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

¡Dios mío! Could it really be Adriana? Amazing! Elfgrin2

And I'm impressed by your latest additions to your collection!

No new posts 03-08-2016 21:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Bowdown

Wonderful, Adriana!

No new posts 03-08-2016 21:46 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Nice to see you, and nice treasures! Those Ken and Joe gashapon are 2 of my favorites!

No new posts 03-08-2016 21:47 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
¡Dios mío! Could it really be Adriana? Amazing! Elfgrin2

And I'm impressed by your latest additions to your collection!

Hola!

Si, están geniales! I love them but two others photos are missing. Will publish in another post. Nice to hear from you!

Hugs
animebutterfly

No new posts 04-08-2016 17:33 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Bowdown

Wonderful, Adriana!

Hola Daniella!

We love anything from Joe, don't we?

Lots of hugs from me
flyingpig

No new posts 04-08-2016 17:34 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Nice to see you, and nice treasures! Those Ken and Joe gashapon are 2 of my favorites!

Hola Chris!

Nice to hear from you too! Yes, they are amazing! Wait to see the other two photos that couldn't get upload!

Hugs
animebutterfly

No new posts 04-08-2016 17:36 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Very nice, Adriana! Welcome back.

No new posts 04-08-2016 23:36 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I like the feathers (Joe's shuriken)--haven't seen those before. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 07-08-2016 at 13:31.
No new posts 07-08-2016 13:31 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

RB, I was going to mention those feathers, too! So neat!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-08-2016 19:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Very nice, Adriana! Welcome back.

Hola Becky!

Thanks! I'm glad to be back, even though sometimes I have problems entering the website

woohoo

No new posts 10-08-2016 12:24 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
I like the feathers (Joe's shuriken)--haven't seen those before. Smile

Hola!

Those ones are a bit difficult to get, especially so pristine! I believe they were launched for Gatchaman II because Ken got his disc and Jun the ribbon. Glad you liked them

Animeflower

No new posts 10-08-2016 12:26 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
RB, I was going to mention those feathers, too! So neat!

Hola Springie!

Glad to hear from you! I was so happy when I got them.....you know me, I love anything from Joe. By the way, I love your avatar, is it yours?

Smile

No new posts 10-08-2016 12:28 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
I'm glad to be back, even though sometimes I have problems entering the website.

The site's been having problems lately. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. If that happens, you can check in here:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Crescent_Temp...&#entry22192476

It's our "temporary base" whenever this site has gone down. (It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.) Of course, you'll have to register there, but that's easy to do.

No new posts 10-08-2016 13:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Those ones are a bit difficult to get, especially so pristine! I believe they were launched for Gatchaman II because Ken got his disc and Jun the ribbon. Glad you liked them

Yes, those were released while Gatchaman II was airing. In January of 1979, to be more specific. Here's a larger picture just of that Feather Shuriken set.

Of the kid-sized dress-and-play accessories Popy released, the Bird Saucer, the Feather Shuriken, and the Aurora Ribbon are actually relatively easy to find, and are usually found still sealed in their blister packs. They apparently made quite a few of them. Here's a picture of the back of the backing card, which advertised the other weapon sets.

The rest of the Gatchaman II dress-up items are more difficult to find. These included the electronic "Transformation Belt," which you can see the boy wearing on the backing card pictures. The buckle on this belt had a light that would rotate and flash when you flicked the switch, presumably while yelling "Bird Go!" This came out in November of 1978.

Then there was an electronic toy of their Sonic Gun (Which the toy calls a "Freezer Gun"), which made noise and had a flashing light in the barrel. This was released in December of 1978.

There was also a vinyl cape, and a fairly durable plastic helmet, both of which came out in March of 1979. You can see the boy wearing both of these on the backing card as well.

The belt, gun, cape, and helmet don't turn up for sale all that often, and are usually fairly pricey when they do, but they would have been great for a kid who really wanted to get into character while playing Gatchaman!

And, before you ask, Popy did not make a toy of the Rebound Ball or the Gripper. The only other kid-sized accessory they released was the Gatchaman Fencer from Gatchaman Fighter.

James

No new posts 10-08-2016 17:07 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
I'm glad to be back, even though sometimes I have problems entering the website.

The site's been having problems lately. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. If that happens, you can check in here:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Crescent_Temp...&#entry22192476

It's our "temporary base" whenever this site has gone down. (It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.) Of course, you'll have to register there, but that's easy to do.

Hola EW!

Thank you so much! Most of the time I'm not able to enter. This is a great alternative.....appreciate it!

Have a great week ahead!

Hugs
twix

No new posts 15-08-2016 14:57 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

quote:

The rest of the Gatchaman II dress-up items are more difficult to find. These included the electronic "Transformation Belt," which you can see the boy wearing on the backing card pictures. The buckle on this belt had a light that would rotate and flash when you flicked the switch, presumably while yelling "Bird Go!" This came out in November of 1978.

Then there was an electronic toy of their Sonic Gun (Which the toy calls a "Freezer Gun"), which made noise and had a flashing light in the barrel. This was released in December of 1978.

There was also a vinyl cape, and a fairly durable plastic helmet, both of which came out in March of 1979. You can see the boy wearing both of these on the backing card as well.

The belt, gun, cape, and helmet don't turn up for sale all that often, and are usually fairly pricey when they do, but they would have been great for a kid who really wanted to get into character while playing Gatchaman!

And, before you ask, Popy did not make a toy of the Rebound Ball or the Gripper. The only other kid-sized accessory they released was the Gatchaman Fencer from Gatchaman Fighter.

James

Hola James!

Thank you so much for the complete info on the toys! Wow! It seems that getting the belt and helmet would be difficult. I've seen them in Japanese auctions and the prices are crazy! Up to 200 USD for one belt (not even a complete one). Guess I have to be happy with the ones I have. Do you have a photo from the Fencer? I've never seen one....

Have a great week!

animebutterfly

No new posts 15-08-2016 15:02 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Here's a couple of photos of the Gatchaman Fencer:

It runs 26 1/2 inches/66.5 cm long, with a solid plastic hilt and a softer plastic blade.

This proved to be a very difficult toy to find. I knew it was supposed to exist because it was listed in a Gatchaman Fighter book published in 1980, but I never actually saw one outside of the toy catalog pictures reprinted in that book until this one turned up for sale last August. It has definitely seen better days, with the silver covering over the gray plastic blade having worn off in many parts and the sticker on the handle of the hilt all but obliterated. But, since I had been searching for one of these for 35 years, I certainly wasn't going to quibble over things like that!

During the latter part of the 1990s, there was a toy similar to this one released in South Korea, and that turns up on eBay every so often. However, this is the only example of the Japanese toy that I've ever seen.

Now watched them start turning up by the boatload...

James

No new posts 15-08-2016 23:40 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: