Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Daniella, are you okay?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniella, are you okay?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Daniella, are you okay? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Daniella, I don't know exactly where you're at, but I couldn't help thinking about you when I turned on the TV and saw the news about the terrorist attacks in Brussels. It's sickening to think how what was once considered one of the safest places in Europe now seems to have a bullseye on it....I just pray you're okay and that you'll be able to let us know soon.

No new posts 22-03-2016 11:20 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you EW!

I just got home. I was at the office, and we were advised to stay indoors until late in the afternoon.

I can't even begin describing what the situation is like...
I had heard about the airport bombing in the morning, and I took the bus to go to work instead of the metro. The explosion was at a station I pass every day -- at the same as I pass it... I was on the bus just outside the station when the explosion happened, and saw people running out with blood everywhere -- things you usually see on the news but don't expect them to happen in your neighbourhood!

Now the situation is little bit more "normal" but there's no public transport, so people can work from home tomorrow.

Thank you for your thoughts! Having friends at a time like this is really important -- all of you, keep safe, wherever you are!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 22-03-2016 at 17:23.
No new posts 22-03-2016 17:22 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So glad to hear you're ok Daniella, it is worrying when you hear things like this on the news and you know someone 'may' be in that city.

It sounds like you were closer than you would have liked to be though, a lucky escape eh?

No new posts 22-03-2016 17:49 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

KT -- very close indeed! Our office is one stop away from the metro station where the explosions were, on the same street. We are very close to what is called "the European quarter", which closed down completely after the metro bombing.

No new posts 22-03-2016 18:09 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Yikes, so glad you're okay!

No new posts 22-03-2016 19:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Glad to hear you're home and safe Daniella! Be careful! Grouphug

No new posts 22-03-2016 22:07 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That must have been horrible, DT. I know people who were in one of the buildings next to the World Trade Center when it was hit. I hope nothing else happens in Brussels.

No new posts 22-03-2016 22:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Glad to hear you are ok DT. I thought about you as soon as i heard the news.

No new posts 22-03-2016 23:10 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

DT, I don't think you'll ever know how thankful I am that you're okay!

Becky -- I had a classmate who was evacuated from the South Tower a few minutes before it collapsed. As soon as he was on the sidewalk, the police there yelled for everyone to run, and he did; he actually ran the soles out of his shoes.

No new posts 22-03-2016 23:54 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I would hope no one else has to go through such horrible things, but I'm a realist. It's going to happen again and again as long as we allow ISIS to exist. The only question is where. We're going to the INDY 500 again and will have our eyes peeled. 350,000 people in an area one mile long and 1/2 mile or so wide is a big bullseye.

No new posts 23-03-2016 00:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

Glad to hear that you're okay, Daniella. Smile

No new posts 23-03-2016 00:45 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you everyone! Let's hope for the best!
Becky, be super-extra careful at the Indy race!

No new posts 23-03-2016 08:09 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Daniella, I am glad that you escaped physical harm and that you are safe. I know that the emotional scars of what you experienced will be with you for some time, but so will our thoughts and support.

No new posts 24-03-2016 12:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you TJ!

No new posts 24-03-2016 14:51 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

It's so sad that the world has become such a scary place! So glad to hear that you are okay, Daniella!

No new posts 25-03-2016 19:42 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Daniella: I know I'm late posting on this but I'm so glad that you are okay.

No new posts 23-05-2016 02:03 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: