Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Map of the "Gatch" World?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Map of the "Gatch" World?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Map of the "Gatch" World? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok going out on a limb here:

Does anyone happen to know if there's a map of the Gatch world that includes names of countries/cities/locations of important places? (Preferably in English?)

Does such a thing actually exist?

I want to say that I recall seeing one at some point in time, but I'm not totally sure if that's correct.

Any information on the matter would be very helpful! Smile

No new posts 07-01-2016 00:32 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: Map of the "Gatch" World? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Ok going out on a limb here:

Does anyone happen to know if there's a map of the Gatch world that includes names of countries/cities/locations of important places? (Preferably in English?)

Does such a thing actually exist?

I want to say that I recall seeing one at some point in time, but I'm not totally sure if that's correct.

Any information on the matter would be very helpful! Smile

No big, giant all-in-one map exists unfortunately. The closest I've seen was a rough sketch "map" of Utoland that was included in one of the original Japanese DVD release booklets (Vol. 21, COBC-90221 to be exact).

The picture showed locations of the homes of the Ninja Team, Joe's race track and a few other landmarks. It was done very early into the process and shouldn't be considered official to the series. But it was neat to see just for fun.

James and I pretty well finished a translation of the map, and once I get done redrawing it, I'll pop it up somewhere. The image was hard to see in the booklet and really did need to be redone see everything.

I know it wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but it's probably the closest to what you want.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 07-01-2016 06:11 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would love to see that! Jason, please post it once it's ready! Thanks....

woohoo

No new posts 07-01-2016 06:22 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That would be a huge help Jason! Thumbsup

I 'd love to see it when it's done. Smile

No new posts 07-01-2016 12:30 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Has anyone done a thread here listing all the locations people can think of? Even if we don't get a map maybe that would be helpful. I know I often just use the locations I can remember off the top of my head for Gatch, if a specific one isn't required for paralleling an episode.

In case no one has done this, I can start:

Amerisia is America, yes?
Utoland is Japan?

I've got a chest cold so this is a lame and not very brilliant start, but it's a start. Smile

No new posts 07-01-2016 20:05 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW

I`ve heard “Ameris“ a little more often myself, but, yeah, that`s right. And Bluestone National Park is Yellowstone...and New Jork is New York...and it seems to me there was a wee bit of an obsession with America -- Amerisia -- Ameris -- whatever! Twirl

No new posts 07-01-2016 21:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah I think Ameris is right. Smile

No new posts 07-01-2016 23:39 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

We had a discussion somewhere around here before and as a group determined that Utoland is something of a city-state, as it has its own borders (as seen in the Dave the Hippie episode).

I believe that Ameris and Amerisima both exist in the Gatchaman universe, as do Irope and Indria. And then there are the fictional countries. My favorite is the Luman Kingdom, based on Monaco.

Not Gatchaman, but Jason has an incredible listing of Federation and Spectran planets on his website.

No new posts 07-01-2016 23:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, for BOTP I go to Jason's site. Smile Gatch is trickier!

No new posts 08-01-2016 00:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi ChrisW,

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Has anyone done a thread here listing all the locations people can think of? Even if we don't get a map maybe that would be helpful. I know I often just use the locations I can remember off the top of my head for Gatch, if a specific one isn't required for paralleling an episode.

Utoland is Japan?

I've got a chest cold so this is a lame and not very brilliant start, but it's a start. Smile

I'm not sure about a thread on here, but many, many moons ago in 1997 James, Katharine and I had an idea for the first GatchaCon gathering...

We had a jam session where we listed just about every location we could think of from all three series and the OAVs. We then used the results for a world tour t-shirt. The first and one of the best shirts we did in my opinion! :-D

I know I'm sounding like a broken record lately but I don't have quick access to the list. I could probably take a picture of the shirt or better yet go through and retype everything. I at least wanted to let you know a list of that sort existed.

The Other Jason

No new posts 08-01-2016 02:21 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Redbird,

quote:

Sure, you bet! I had something in mind with it for either Bird Scramble! or our next GatchaCon, but I can pop it up here too.

The Other Jason

No new posts 08-01-2016 02:25 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If you took a pic of the shirt that would be awesome! Though I like to pretend the OAVs never happened. Smile

No new posts 08-01-2016 02:48 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Sounds like a lot of fantastic information! Thanks, Jason!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-01-2016 03:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Hi Redbird,

Sure, you bet! I had something in mind with it for either Bird Scramble! or our next GatchaCon, but I can pop it up here too.

The Other Jason

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Smile

No new posts 08-01-2016 11:53 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Hi Redbird,

quote:

The Other Jason

Wait, there's a Gatchacon? Whaaaaat?

No new posts 08-01-2016 15:39 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Let's not forget Hontworl! Or BC island....I'm pretty sure Hontworl is Germany and BCisland is in Italy.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by E.D. Darling on 08-01-2016 at 22:29.
No new posts 08-01-2016 15:39 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

and Karakorum Cross, although I think that's around the Himalayas.

No new posts 08-01-2016 15:47 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi,

quote:
Originally posted by E.D. Darling
[quote]Wait, there's a Gatchacon? Whaaaaat?

Technically yes, although it's a lot less organized than previous years. We've been meeting at the San Diego Comic-Con as a group since 1997. Initially we made up shirts, fanzines, buttons and other goodies, along with inviting the occasional guest.

We had Fred Ladd (creator of G-Force), Sadao Miyamoto (Gatchaman's animation director), Jameson Brewer (head writer and creative of Battle of the Planets), and helped to organize a big Battle of the Planets cast reunion panel/signing in 2002.

When Tatsunoko was still a family owned company, there was a handshake deal with them to do everything. But once the company was sold, that special allowance went away and I haven't wanted to create anything more without permission. So now we simply meet up as fans and have special viewing parties and get-togethers. Last year I invited Battle of the Planets' senior editor to our viewing party.

It was also a lot more fun to put together before the Comic-Con became such a pain in the rear to attend. But this year I'm looking to reserve a fan room at the Con, so we can let more fans know we're around and where to meet up. Sorry to hijack the thread with all this! I'll see if I can get a photo of the world tour shirt back up here over the weekend.

The Other Jason

No new posts 09-01-2016 01:10 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, that's awesome! I'm trying to attend comicon this year, I hope I'll see you there!

No new posts 09-01-2016 02:43 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You're adding useful stuff, Jason. Smile

No new posts 09-01-2016 03:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: