Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Robots in BoTP
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Robots in BoTP
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Robots in BoTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There are several grimly scenes in `Battle of the Planets` but for me the worst is at the end of `Vacation on Venus`

(Notice in their universe they have terraformed Venus...Which means its a long way into the future and folk are pigheaded enough to try.)

Zark is taking about the poor hero, (Whos name I cant recall) and how sad it is the Spectrans killed his family.

Zark then tells us the poor guy will be happy soon as he will get a new family.

(Big intake of breath.)

Yikes, I hate Zark now (Someone I have always been prepared to tolerate)

However this got me thinking...to a robot, things like families might be replacable, might they? With this world view, what he said makes a lot of sense, chilling as it may be.

So how do robots fit in the Federation? are they free agents, or property? How does this fit with the federation view of Spectras human slaves?

What happens if a Robot runs away?

No new posts 11-11-2015 21:45 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like the making of a fic! You have a good point there that a robot may see things differently.

No new posts 11-11-2015 23:15 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Robots are expendable in the Federation. Think of all of those robot fighter planes that go down. This is why Zark is so neurotic.

No new posts 12-11-2015 13:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Yeah. They might put him in one.

There are few other episodes which have robots of some form in them, but outside of Galaxy Security, the military or Spectra, there doesn't seem to be any in the general public that I remember.

No new posts 12-11-2015 23:43 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: Robots in BoTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Ahh, a Battle question!

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu
There are several grimly scenes in `Battle of the Planets` but for me the worst is at the end of `Vacation on Venus`

Zark is taking about the poor hero, (Whos name I cant recall) and how sad it is the Spectrans killed his family.

Zark then tells us the poor guy will be happy soon as he will get a new family.

Although it was never said within the episode, the script for the episode revealed the young man's name was Kolb.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 13-11-2015 02:30 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

There are few other episodes which have robots of some form in them, but outside of Galaxy Security, the military or Spectra, there doesn't seem to be any in the general public that I remember.

Yeah, in the series most robots are under the control of the Federation or Spectra and their allies.

One of the only examples outside of them I can think of at the moment are both from "Mad New Ruler of Spectra." Professor Doriarity developed his robot horse seemingly independent of the Federation.

The horse race also included robot jockeys that dropped from a beam onto the horses' backs in the middle of the race. Ouch!

The Other Jason

No new posts 13-11-2015 02:45 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all,

In "The Great Brain Robbery," we see some of the annual Robot Show at the Space Dome Arena, where they are displaying robots for "...business and home utilization," alongside the "...giant robots for use by the defense sector." From this, we can assume that, while the military does use robots, they are either already available in the private sector, or likely will be soon.

James

No new posts 13-11-2015 18:57 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I can't recall the episode title, but it had the leader of a robot species serving Zoltar with the promise of freedom as a reward for service.

So robots might have varying social positions depending upon their capabilities.

No new posts 29-05-2016 03:35 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

That episode was "The Ghostly Grasshopper," and their leader was Dahmbo.

James

No new posts 29-05-2016 04:41 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer

Interesting question...
I always got the impression that robots were expendable. I mean, we were constantly being reminded that those were robot pilots that just blew up, so it was "okay, kids!"
It was always treated so nonchalantly when a robot bit the big one...

No new posts 30-05-2016 23:55 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

Yeah, in the series most robots are under the control of the Federation or Spectra and their allies.

One of the only examples outside of them I can think of at the moment are both from "Mad New Ruler of Spectra." Professor Doriarity developed his robot horse seemingly independent of the Federation.

The horse race also included robot jockeys that dropped from a beam onto the horses' backs in the middle of the race. Ouch!

The Other Jason

I forgot about the robot horses and jockeys.

No new posts 31-05-2016 01:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: