Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Gatchaman Crowds Insight ep.8
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Crowds Insight ep.8
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer
Shocked Gatchaman Crowds Insight ep.8 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So is anyone watching watching Crowds?

I had my doubts about the Kuu-samas ever since the first promo-art, and even more after I saw how they came to be, since Sadra is super sketchy. But today's episode - I can't tell what's more disturbing. What they did to Rui or Alan (poor Alan). Probably Rui. That look on his face. Brr. Scared

(also, the soundtrack is out as well)

My fanart is here

No new posts 29-08-2015 23:00 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

I can't speak for anyone else here, but my wife and I have been watching Gatchaman Crowds Insight. I've enjoyed its commentary on social media, politics, celebrity culture, and how people, in general, tend to go with the herd rather than thinking for themselves.

As for episode #8 in particular, I had already guessed what was going to happen with Alan after all of the "Become one with us" talk leading up to it. Okay, I didn't know it was going to happen to Alan in particular, but I figured it was going to happen to somebody!

I'd say that what's happened with Rui was the greater surprise, though I guess they figured it had to happen to a Gatchaman, and he was the most logical choice, after after having lost so much of what he has worked for. With a main character involved like that, it will give us a closer tie to seeing how someone comes back from that.

And I never figured Kuu-sama were going to be completely benevolent. Their general appearance and the way they were swarming all over the promotional image told us that much. However, with the was they were portrayed in that same publicity image, and how their plush figure was available for sale immediately after the series was officially announced, I was somewhat surprised that it took as long for them to appear in the series as it did. I do have to wonder how Pai-Pai is going to feel about how quickly he declared Kuu-sama to be friendly.

And please tell me that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed with Tsubasa's overwhelming naiveté and lack of common sense. I keep having to remind myself that she's only 15, and that this is actually a fairly accurate portrayal of the way a 15-year-old mind works. But more often than not, I just want to knock some sense into her!

Also, a book of Kinako's design works for Gatchaman Crowds Insight is coming out at the end of October. If it's anything like the book of Kinako's designs for Gatchaman Crowds, it'll be well worth getting.

James

No new posts 04-09-2015 02:10 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't been able to watch it yet...but I plan to. Sounds like there are some interesting things going on!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-09-2015 03:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Just in case people are uncertain where they can watch the series, it can be found on the Crunchyroll website here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/gatchaman-crowds

Crunchyroll has licensed the rights to provide the series, subbed, on the web in the U.S., with the latest episodes being "simulcasted" at the same time that they are airing in Japan. The new episodes are initially only available to people who have paid for premium membership on Crunchyroll. However, after one week, the episodes become free to view for anyone. So, episode #9 will be available to premium members starting tomorrow morning, but episode #'s 1~8 will be available for everyone to view when episode #9 premieres tomorrow.

Also, if anyone here hasn't seen the original Gatchaman Crowds, Crunchyroll also has all of that series available for free viewing. Well, all but the Directors Cut of episode #12, unfortunately. *Sigh* But they do have the aired version of episode #12, so it's not like the series is incomplete.

James

No new posts 05-09-2015 01:47 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Episode 8 reminded me a little bit of the time when I've read Zamyatin's novel 'We'. Considering Crowds are such an upbeat show, it has strangely dystopian undertones, which makes me enjoy it even more.

As for Tsubasa, her 'It's too difficult for me. Not listening' attitude is pretty grating (as is the fact that someone so impulsive wants to work with fireworks), but I think she's well integrated into the overall story. I don't think she's going to back down easily, as she invested far too much energy and time into her support of Sadra. Admitting to herself that she took the wrong road is nigh impossible by now, even more so as she's widely known as Sadra's no.1 buddy, so I'd think she's going to turn a blind eye to such things as non-red-bubble people getting harassed. I wonder what she'd going to do once Joe tells her of Alan. She'll probably accuse him of lying.

Also the thing with Rui, what surprised me was the suddenness of his turning into 'ape' (considering how much does this show like the portrayal of Rui's suffering and struggles - and I along with it). It was a good decision of the director not to show what lead up to it, as it doubled the surprise.

My fanart is here

No new posts 06-09-2015 01:48 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Thanks for the info, James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-09-2015 02:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Come episode #9, we start to see some of the fallout of accepting Kuu-sama so readily -- at least for those who don't go with the flow of the majority. With Gelsadra refusing to alter his plans to unite everyone as one, Rizumu coming back into play, and both Rui and Tsubasa starting to face their own turning points, the series seems poised to dive headlong into a dramatic final set of episodes. I look forward to seeing how things turn out!

James

No new posts 07-09-2015 03:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I sure hope Rizumu will come back. Someone needs to snap Rui back into shape and in my opinion Rizumu is the one who ought to understand him the best. Also, I think the 'red conductor' describes Rizumu better than Geruru.

My fanart is here

No new posts 07-09-2015 05:00 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: