Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hola everyone!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hola everyone!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Hola everyone! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola,

Well, I guess as a new member it's proper to introduce myself.

My name is Adriana and I'm a Mexican Gatchaman fan. Many years ago, during the 80's I was watching BOTP back in Mexico and since then I loved the series.

It was only very recent that I re-discovered the series and for my surprise the original Gatchaman came out as I was looking for DVDs about the anime. Slowly I realized that our beloved TV program was actually a version for the Japanese anime. So I decided to watch it in its original uncut version.

What a surprise! Zark-7 was no there, all the names were totally different and the plot of the story was somewhat different. I loved it!

Since then, I have been able to collect whatever I can from the series in Japan. Due to the fact that I'm living in Malaysia now, I can get hold of some of the merchandise including original cels from the series.

Looking for more info I came across the stories from Transmutejun and immediately was reading the, all. It's because I was looking for the stories that I got to know about this page. So here I am.

After finishing the original Gatchaman series and Gatchaman II, my favorite character is Joe! He's so cool and nice, for me, the real hero of the series!
For that reason, I'm trying to get any available cel from him but unfortunately there are so few in the market. Anyway, I'm trying to check in the Japanese market for some more. In the meantime I got two from Ken and two from Joe, so please let me know how I can share them with all of you.

Finally, I would like to thank David for giving me the opportunity to join and to Transmutejun to recommend me the site! Thank you both!

Have a nice day wherever you are!

Adriana Animerose Animerose

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adrianag on 02-08-2015 at 10:12.
No new posts 02-08-2015 10:09 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh TJ, she gets everywhere, and her stories just pull you in deeper! (j/k TJ, you know we love you)

Hi Adriana and welcome. welcome it's always great to see new members. And another condor fan too Yay! cheerleader2

Your story is very muck like most of the others on here, I also grew up watching BotP as a child, only discovering Gatchaman with the invention (if you could call it that) of the internet. I found the differences between the two series quite the culture shock at the time, but I'm used to it now.

Good luck with your collection, I know how hard it is finding things relating to the shows, in any of its manifestations. Here in the UK, it is practically impossible to find merchandise. Only the other day I was at my local comic book store, and I asked the guy if there was anything BotP related. His reply was automatic. (It's hard to get hold of.) Yeah, I know Tongue I probably have the largest collection of BotP products in my hometown!

Anyway, the internet is probably your best sourse for finding cels, comics, toys etc, it can be costly though.

Still, don't give up. it took me almost three years to find an affordable BotP box set, and I finally got the Princess doll I'd wanted since I was a kid just over a year ago. (30 odd years is a long time to wait for a dream to come true, but it's proof that it can happen.)

Ok, I think you've heard about enough from me. Please feel free to explore the site, and join in whenever you have something to contribute. We look forward to seeing what you have to offer.

Have fun. KT

No new posts 02-08-2015 12:44 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Adriana and "Welcome" to our crazy little corner of the net ! Wave3

Always good to have another Condor fan around! Condor

There's a lot of stuff to look at here, so I hope you enjoy your time on the site. Smile

No new posts 02-08-2015 12:46 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

Hi! Wave2

No new posts 02-08-2015 13:05 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Welcome! I'm so glad you've decided to join our crazy little group. Like most of the folks here, I grew up on BotP. I first heard about Gatchaman during my second year in college, but the Internet wasn't nearly as useful as it is now. A few years ago I stumbled upon the ADV dvds and have been addicted ever since! Inverted2

Anyway, feel free to jump into the conversations any time -- we'd love to hear what you think!

EW Disabled

No new posts 02-08-2015 14:47 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Welcome! I also grew up on BOTP with no clue that it was original anime. I discovered that when I went to university and joined the science fiction club. The core members were really into anime and we were always watching things that at the time we either had to print out English scripts for or just guess at what was happening. Some of them knew about Gatchaman and I managed to get my hands onto some of it through tape trades, watching it with printed out scripts in my hands. I adore and prefer Gatchaman now but BOTP will always have a special place in my heart because it was what I knew first.

I've also been collecting and it can certainly get out of hand, LOL. I get most of my stuff through eBay and Yahoo auctions Japan (through a proxy service since they don't tend to ship to North America). I envy your ability to find things in person!

No new posts 02-08-2015 20:34 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome, Adriana! It's always great to have another Gatchamaniac around! Make yourself at home and join in the conversations! We are happy to have you here! Animetongue

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-08-2015 01:14 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Hi Adriana,

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the madness, LOL. I don't collect myself, but I really enjoy seeing pictures of everyone else's goodies. Like most people here, I knew BotP as a kid and later when I was an adult found out about Gatchaman and got hooked. There's lots of info, pics, and fics on the site so jump on in!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 03-08-2015 05:25 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: Hola everyone! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
Hola,

Well, I guess as a new member it's proper to introduce myself.

My name is Adriana and I'm a Mexican Gatchaman fan. Many years ago, during the 80's I was watching BOTP back in Mexico and since then I loved the series.

Adriana Animerose Animerose

Hi Adriana,

It was great to read your story. I always find it interesting to hear how people got into the series - from whatever version they saw first. I'm sure hearing how you went from Mexico to Malaysia would be a good tale too!

As a fellow collector, I'd love to see your cels. My particular interest in cels from the productions has almost always been first series Gatchaman and US Battle of the Planets. Over the years I've managed to find a few, including some of Joe. So keep looking, they're out there!

Joe's my favorite too, but that's because I first met him in Battle of the Planets where he was named Jason.

I'm interested if you have any specific memories about the history of Battle in Mexico. I don't know a whole lot about the series there and I'm always hoping to learn more.

Nice to meet you!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 03-08-2015 at 06:42.
No new posts 03-08-2015 06:37 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Howdy Adriana!

No new posts 03-08-2015 11:21 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola!

Wow! I'm amazed with so many responses! Thank you all!!,

So, I guess I need to explain a little bit more about how BOTP was in the Latin American countries. Contrary of what you may think, we have our own translation very different from the one in Spain. The dubbing was made in Mexico but sadly it was completely lost. When I tried to get it in the internet couldn't get hold of anything. The closest was G-Force (with the horrible background music). This one was also dubbed in my country but somehow I was not interested at all.

I'm presently living in Malaysia because for almost 17 years I was working for the national airline. Yes, I was working in Malaysia Airlines until I got retired and many of my friends were lost or died in the two recent incidents.

Anyway, I decided to stay here and now I dedicate myself to teach Spanish, I love my language. Having Japan so close, it's possible for me to order through an agent from Yahoo Japan and some other Japanese sites. Guess I arrived a little bit late because having any cel from Gatchama is almost impossible, most of what can be purchased is from Gatchaman II. Anyway, I will keep looking!!

Now, I will answer you individually:

KT, so nice to meet you and let me tell you that I got Juns dolls (the one original and the one in black). They are still in Japan as I'm waiting to ship all the items together. Which one do you have?

Redbird, I'm so glad to share my favorite character in the series! As you see, it's almost equal to those of Ken jefe. I'm enjoying being here too!

Msannomelley, hola! Nice to meet you!

ElectricWhite, I would love to chat with all of you and the rest. Hopefully my time zone is not too odd to join you. If we can't do it live, well we can always leave a message.

ChrisW, I can share my collection with all of you once I figure out how to do it and the rest of my items are shipped from Japan. I'm waiting for two big boxes.

Springle, I'm really happy to be here. In Malaysia nobody knows the series and sadly, no one in Mexico shares this passion of ours. Felt a bit out before but I'm glad I have so many to talk with!

Mylari, I will post my cels once I know how and where. If you know, please let me know!

The other Jason, I would love to see your cels!!! I will keep looking in hoping to get some really nice ones! But it seems I only can get from Ken......wonder why!

K2p2, Hola! How are things in your side of the world? Hope we can get in touch!

Well, I think I spoke too much. Here is past 11pm and time to rest. Nice to meet you all and I hope we can share our experiences about the series. Also, I'm waiting for the original DVDs Gatchaman II from Japan and Gatchaman F from Taiwan in Japanese and Chinese. Hopefully I can catch up with you as I haven't watch the third series yet.

Have a nice day wherever you are!

Hugs
Adriana

No new posts 03-08-2015 15:22 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

hi again. In answer to your question, I have two Jun (well Princess) dolls now,

My daughter bought me the first on for a birthday present, and once I'd started, I just had to collect the whole series. I finally managed to find them all last year.

as for the other one, My Jason doll arrived today cutesy of ChrisW's sister in law... (many many thanks for your help Chris)

as far as I know, there's only Mark to find in this collection, (unless anyone out there knows differently,) and I'm gonna keep looking out for him too, and anything else I can find.

No new posts 03-08-2015 18:19 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad you made it over here, Adriana! I am sorry I wasn't able to greet you when you arrived. I have been traveling for the past 10 days and just got home this morning. But it's great to see you and I am glad you got your account sorted!

I look forward to seeing you around the site!

No new posts 03-08-2015 19:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I upload my collection photos to Photobucket so I can view them anywhere while traveling, and double-check what I have if I want to buy something. My collection is getting a little scary, you can see it all here:

Chris's Gatch collection

No new posts 03-08-2015 20:40 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola!

Wow KT!!! Your dolls are amazing! What a ni ce collection you have. What I will do is to take photos of mine and like Chris, will upload them in photobucket for everyone to enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

Transmutejun, thank you so much for your words. I'm so happy to be here and be able to share my passion for the series with someone! Malaysia is not a great place to talk about it, indeed, nobody knows the series or are interested. Guess the anime culture is not very popular here. Nice to see you here! Thanks a lot for all your help!

Chris, went through you collection and it is amazin!!! You even got Katse! That's a nice one! All your miniature vehicles look very nice. I had the chance to buy them but was not sure, now I see that they are great! I will follow your example and once I get all my items will share them with all of you.

Thank you all for being so kind and for the nice welcome. Please keep in touch and I will do the same. Have a great day everyone.....wherever you are!

Lots of hugs
Adriana

No new posts 04-08-2015 02:14 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What's fun is that different collectors have a different focus. Smile It's always neat to see what someone else prioritized given all the other stuff out there! Looking forward to your pictures and your participation around here. Smile

No new posts 04-08-2015 02:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola Chris,

I will do so! But please help me with something, how to insert images? I have some that I know you all will love!

No new posts 04-08-2015 14:58 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie posted a tutorial on how to post pictures from Photobucket a while ago. Here's the link:

http://gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=4671&sid=

No new posts 04-08-2015 17:19 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola ElectricWhite,

Thank you! Will have a look and try to upload some photos!

Have a nice day! Smile

No new posts 05-08-2015 03:23 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad I could help! Pleased

No new posts 05-08-2015 17:57 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: