Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Chris and the medical mystery tour
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chris and the medical mystery tour
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just some good news here. Getting my US passport renewed has been quite the saga because it was expiring when I found out my dad had very little time left, and getting it done quickly from out of the country is a huge pain. I was running around with an emergency/temporary passport for a few months and that comes with its share of annoyances. My new 10 yr one just showed up in the mail today, WOOHOO.

No new posts 19-06-2015 20:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's good!

No new posts 20-06-2015 01:18 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Nice to have something good happen!

No new posts 20-06-2015 22:47 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just an update here. I got my left side mammogram and ultrasound the other day and it was fine. They kind of saw something in the mammogram but couldn't see it in the ultrasound, and figure it's just a globule, but I'll be going back in 6 months just to make sure it hasn't grown. They didn't seem too worried so I'm not worried either.

Looking forward to the gynecologist on Weds and hoping it leads to some solutions.

No new posts 05-07-2015 04:53 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

woohoo

No new posts 05-07-2015 05:27 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, it was kind of convenient that the ultrasound tech couldn't see what she was looking for. She called a doctor in to look for himself and make sure she wasn't missing anything. It means that I got my answers right then from the doctor. Smile

No new posts 05-07-2015 05:38 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

woohoo woohoo

No new posts 05-07-2015 12:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's great, CW!

No new posts 05-07-2015 19:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Great news!

No new posts 06-07-2015 21:10 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So I saw the gynecologist today. We went over my medical history, I gave him a sense of what my cycle was like before the depo provera (pretty regular) and pointed out that my period had ended 3 days ago and I just started another. Tongue And that this whole fun sequence started with the fact that I was chronically iron-deficient anemic and low in hemoglobin. We talked about the fibroids, a polyp, my "clinically-enlarged uterus," a possible change in my endometrial lining, and the thing on my ovary, and discussed options ranging from birth control to surgery.

When he said it's based on priorities, I had a pretty clear pair of answers:

1. Get my hemoglobin and iron back up so I can have energy again.

2. Get the thing on my ovary under control before it really starts to hurt. It's gone from pinching a couple of years ago during ovulation to semi-regular dull pain, not to mention grew 2 inches in a year.

So he's put me in for an MRI to get a closer look at things. He's also given me a medication called fibristal that's pretty new and friggen expensive compared to what I'm used to (he warned me and asked if it was an option, though it's not thousands of dollars or anything). It's designed to be a 3 month treatment and I decided (and Rob agreed) that it was completely worth it if it works. It's supposed to stop my cycle and shrink the fibroids without putting me into full menopause and causing the side effects that come with that. Then my bod should go back to normal, and they may put me on a different med to keep my cycle from starting again.

After the MRI we'll consider what else to do. Anything from endometrial ablation to removing the ovary to a full hysterectomy is on the table. Whee.

Once the appointment was done, we puttered around some, saw Jurassic World, went home, and I went to yoga. Cuz I'm a boss. Tongue

No new posts 09-07-2015 05:31 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

biggrin2 Looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel that isn't being caused by oncoming traffic!

No new posts 09-07-2015 20:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL ... I look back over what I posted and chuckle that apparently once a journalist/reporter always a journalist/reporter, I treat these like I'm reporting a conference talk or interview. Smile It's handy though to get it all down somewhere thoroughly once where I can copy and paste to share with family and stuff.

I was going to share an icky detail that made me laugh but I think I'll spare y'all. Smile

No new posts 09-07-2015 20:42 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hope everything works, CW. This is the part of being female that really sucks.

No new posts 11-07-2015 20:16 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah I'm starting to realize that almost every woman I know has had some kind of uterine or cycle problem. Blech.

No new posts 11-07-2015 20:51 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Blech.

Waiting I've used different words for it, but I totally agree with you, there!

No new posts 11-07-2015 21:57 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Pelvic MRI is scheduled for the 30th, earlier than expected. Smile Already did my pre-MRI blood work. It sounds like they'll be giving me an IV of contrast dye and so they needed to check my kidney function to make sure it's not going to overwhelm my kidneys. Not expecting any complications there. Being diabetic, they check my kidney function pretty regularly.

The hospital where I'm getting the MRI told me to see my GP to set up the test (in Canada that means getting a lab requisition and then going off to whichever lab), but my GP was out of town, so I saw his stand-in. Which meant that I got to share my whole story because the guy wanted to understand why I needed the test, and that particular one. Was amusing to watch him keep wincing.

I'm so glad it was a blood test. I have a LOT of friends who are afraid of needles, and there was a girl waiting in the lobby who was having to take ativan and walk over to the ER to get something else to help prep her for a necessary blood test, but I'm okay with them as long as I don't look when they make my blood. I hate urine tests though because I find it difficult to pee on command. Since it's a kidney function-related test I was going to put it off thinking I had to pee in a cup. When I found out it was a blood test I practically hopped in the car right away. Tongue

No new posts 23-07-2015 00:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya, CW!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I'm so glad it was a blood test. I have a LOT of friends who are afraid of needles, and there was a girl waiting in the lobby who was having to take ativan and walk over to the ER to get something else to help prep her f or a necessary blood test, but I'm okay with them as long as I don't look when they make my blood.

I'm the same way. And for a good chunk of my life, I also had to add, "And I'm fine if Dad isn't watching either." The man fought in two wars and had even killed people at close-range but couldn't stand seeing needles in use. One time I was in an ER when a nurse had to stick me...I caught the look on Dad's face as I was looking away from my arm, and I might as well have had my nose by the vein!

No new posts 23-07-2015 00:26 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I take some of that relaxation back. The dr's office called me saying he wanted me to come back in and discuss those test results. *sounds of much cursing* Better be able to get in tomorrow. nunchukas

No new posts 23-07-2015 02:43 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey, you could've simply produced some really cool MRI images! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 23-07-2015 at 20:59.
No new posts 23-07-2015 20:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

MRI's in a week. This is just over my creatinine/eGSR levels, which should have just been a formality. Bleh.

No new posts 23-07-2015 21:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: