Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear Ken and Joe
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear Ken and Joe
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear Ken and Joe Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

There's been a little news on the upcoming Ken and Joe figures from Sentinel's Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear series. In Sentinel's Twitter feed, they announced that the Ken figure will be released in August, and the Joe figure will be released in September. They've also announced that the figures will retail for 7,800 yen apiece (Roughly $65.50 at current exchange rates).

Sentinel also posted a trio of pictures of the figures, giving us out first look at them in color.

As with the earlier Hurricane Polymer and Casshan figures from this line, the two figures will feature a gimmick that makes their chest symbols light up.

I'm sure we'll see even more pictures of these in the next few months!

James

No new posts 14-04-2015 16:12 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wish they looked more like the real characters and had more individual-looking faces rather than looking like clones, but I'll probably still get them. Tongue Thanks for the update!

No new posts 14-04-2015 16:56 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yeah I feel the same way CW. Putting these on the list too, I think ! Tongue

Hard to tell if the faces are the same nor not though. I wonder if the helmets come off?

Hopefully they'll be listed for pre-order in the near future. Thank you for the update James! Smile

No new posts 14-04-2015 21:00 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

They look great! The body armor seems well-integrated - not bulky or 'in-your-face'.

No new posts 15-04-2015 17:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

I'm putting those on my list! I hope they do all of the team and not just Ken and Joe

No new posts 16-04-2015 04:41 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm pretty sure they're only doing Ken and Joe, alas. This is a series of Tatsunoko characters and they've only been doing the primary ones. I think for the other shows they've released the figures for so far, it's only been one character per show, so maybe we should be happy we get 2.

No new posts 16-04-2015 13:24 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Chris is correct, this series of figures has thus far only done the lead male characters from their respective Tatsunoko series. All of these figures have been made using the same body molds, with new heads, chest plates, and add-on bits to make them look more like the characters they represent. You can figure that the only reason we're getting both Ken and Joe is because they only need to create a couple of new accessories and change the colors to have two different characters.

This isn't to say that they can't make a Jun, Jinpei, or Ryu sometime in the future, only that to do so would require an entirely new body. If that body isn't something that can be reused for other figures, it likely won't happen. With that in mind, I can see them possibly doing a Jun, which would give them a generic female body mold to be used again and again. Jinpei and Ryu would be tougher to reuse. I suspect that we're more likely to see a Berg Katse or a Gallactor Member before we see either of those two.

If I were speculating, I'd guess that the next figure after these will be Tekkaman. After that, who knows? It could be Yatterman, Ippatsuman, Urashiman, Generator Gawl, The Soultaker, Karas, or someone else entirely. It's also likely that there will be variant versions of both Ken and Joe. Hurricane Polymer has already been reissued in a metallic version and a black version.

I'll admit that I'm surprised that no one has commented on their capes. We don't get a real clear view of them in these photos, but, to me, they look much too short and oddly cut, like they're trying to look like a pair of wings. I much prefer the full cape look of the original.

James

No new posts 17-04-2015 16:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well their original capes are cut in a wing-like manner, but you're right, they're fuller. I'm mostly trying not to nitpick them to death as I know if I get started I'll never stop, LOL. Do you think the variants will be available by pre-order as well or will they be showing up at various cons? I might have to find people going to those to try to get one from the con itself ...

No new posts 17-04-2015 18:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Do you think the variants will be available by pre-order as well or will they be showing up at various cons? I might have to find people going to those to try to get one from the con itself ...

The two Hurricane Polymer variants were both released as exclusives for the Comic Market held late in December, and retailed for the same 7,800 yen price the regular Polymer cost. As far as I know, the only way to get them was to either attend the show or to get them through someone who bought them at the show. A number of them appeared on Yahoo! Japan Auctions immediately following Comic Market, with starting bids of 10,000 yen and up.

If they continue in that vein, they'll probably have a Casshan variant for the August Comic Market, and variants for Ken and Joe in the Comic Market this coming December.

James

No new posts 18-04-2015 04:06 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmm, wonder if I know anyone who goes to Comic Market. Smile

No new posts 18-04-2015 19:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Just an FYI: the Ken figure is up for pre-order on CDJapan. Only three per customer. Smile

No new posts 27-04-2015 11:30 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And Hobby Link Japan. Smile Here's some links for pre-ordering:

Hobby Link Japan

CD Japan

No new posts 27-04-2015 18:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Since the Joe figure is coming out a month after the Ken, it's probably safe to assume that preorders for that figure will start being accepted sometime in late May.

Sentinel has posted a number of photos of the figure in different poses on their blog site. Here are a few of them.

You can see more photos here:

http://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-12017418561.html

From these, the figures look great in action poses. Not so much when simply standing on their own two feet. Their posture is awful!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 27-04-2015 at 19:07.
No new posts 27-04-2015 19:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They do have very strange posture, don't they? Smile

No new posts 27-04-2015 19:21 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Another picture (courtesy of Sosai Tim).

No new posts 28-04-2015 12:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

wow, it does look cool.

No new posts 28-04-2015 13:35 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Great pictures! The light up chest is too cool!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-04-2015 14:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So exciting. Smile

No new posts 28-04-2015 16:44 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

Ah yes. It's never Katse, is it? Well, I can't say I'm surprised. It's just... I wish there was a figma of Katse-sama. I'd give my entire monthly wage to get that one (seriously), but I know it's not going to happen. -_- And not only that. It's difficult to live in the boonies completely out of reach of couriers.

My fanart is here

No new posts 04-05-2015 03:10 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If you want something like that badly enough you might be able to pay someone to make you a custom one. I haven't looked into custom figma-style stuff, I imagine it would be quite expensive. :/

No new posts 04-05-2015 15:35 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: