Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Jason, with your cred, I wonder if it's worth contacting Tatsunoko themselves to complain about the issues with the figures. It also damages their brand. I agree with Redbird that it could be worth contacting the manufacturer to tell them as well. Point out all the work you've done on the series.

I'm kind of afraid to go look at my figure. I hadn't noticed any paint issues and I haven't tried to re-pose him since I got him in the jumping pose I wanted.

No new posts 02-10-2015 19:14 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm very sorry to hear this Jason. I hope that the feedback you give to the company helps them put out better products in the future!

No new posts 03-10-2015 22:49 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
What a shame about the figures though--really disappointing. Didn't you say you contacted the manufacturer when you had the issue with the Hurricane Figure? I'd write to them again, telling them you had the same issue with the G1 figure and that you cancelled your other order. In all honesty they probably won't care, but at least you let them know you weren't satisfied with their product.

Yes I did and I was lucky they sent out a replacement. I have checked to see if I can get a replacement for the G-1, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I don't know if it will happen or not since I had a slight argument the first time. They didn't consider it a "defect," rather damage caused by me. While technically correct, I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary with the figure by moving it around normally.

Sure, if I tried to get Polymer to fly by throwing him 30 yards to land on the pavement in the middle of my street, then that damage would have been my fault. So I'll see if I can get another replacement.

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Jason, with your cred, I wonder if it's worth contacting Tatsunoko themselves to complain about the issues with the figures. It also damages their brand. I agree with Redbird that it could be worth contacting the manufacturer to tell them as well. Point out all the work you've done on the series.

I could, but it's not really proper in my position to do that. I don't deal directly with their domestic licensing department. So I wouldn't criticize this any more than I'd offer my thoughts to them about Gatchaman Crowds without being asked. If anyone at the studio happens to ask me directly about these figures, then yeah, I'll tell them my impressions.

Heh, I'm afraid Sentinel wouldn't care one bit about anything I've done with Tatsunoko. But I have written a polite note to them about the scratching. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. It will be interesting to hear if they've gotten other complaints - if they tell me.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 06-10-2015 01:40 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Definitely interested to hear!

No new posts 06-10-2015 05:42 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW Definitely interested to hear!

Yes, please do keep us in the loop Jason.

No new posts 07-10-2015 22:51 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, I got my 2 Joes and unboxed one of them. For those who want to run straight to the pics, you can find them here.

Here's the pic where he's got his gun and his feather and I've tried to give him a cool pose like one of the promo pictures:

So far I'm not noticing any paint scraping but I haven't messed around with him a lot. Was a little challenging to get the gun on the holster and the hand attachments are really tight but I got one of them changed. Took one of the pics for Jason to show that they seem to have decided to make the wrist ball joints the color of the main body again. I can see they did the same with the ankle ones, though it's not as obvious.

I wish they came with a set of pictures showing the cool poses, fortunately I save the ones I see in the promo materials! There's one where he has his feather in his mouth and I can't figure out how they did that one. With the angle it's at they may have taped it or something and were avoiding letting us see the tape. Getting the feather to stay in his hand (or Ken's boomerang to stay in his) means putting them somewhere where they won't be bumped.

If anyone has any questions or wants to see him from another angle or something lemme know. Smile

No new posts 24-11-2015 23:42 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I just want to know what he's planning to do with his right hand LOL

Ok, I'll admit I'm a bit jealous too

No new posts 24-11-2015 23:51 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's the boys together, I've changed Ken's pose:

I don't want to make anyone feel bad with posting this stuff. :/

No new posts 25-11-2015 00:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

LOL, KT!

Thanks for sharing your pics with us, Chris! They look great! Hope you enjoy them!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-11-2015 14:13 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Thank you Chris for sharing!

Mine is on his way......the condor flying to Malaysia uhhhhh.....can't wait to look at it!

Animejoy

No new posts 25-11-2015 18:51 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

They look terrific! Thanks for sharing the pics, Chris!

No new posts 25-11-2015 20:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe Ken is lecturing him so Joe is making a rude gesture. Smile

No new posts 25-11-2015 20:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

As speculated, Sentinel is indeed producing variant versions of Ken and Joe to be released as exclusives for Comic Market, which will be held in Tokyo on December 29~31.

Ken will come in a pearl colored version.

More images can be seen here:

http://www.sentinel-toys.com/catalog/inf...products_id=265

Joe will come in a black colored version.

More images can be seen here:

http://www.sentinel-toys.com/catalog/inf...products_id=266

The figures will be sold for 8,424 yen each. While they will only be officially sold at Comic Market, you'll certainly be able to find them being resold on eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions after the event. There's already one eBay seller from Hong Kong who is offering them for sale, which leads me to believe that he "found" them when they "fell off a truck." *Ahem*

James

No new posts 19-12-2015 02:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the extra info, I'd seen the pics but not the prices. That seller also might be selling them on speculation with the assumption that he'll get ahold of some.

I hope the Ken is cooler in person than in the picture. The Joe in black is really cool and the Ken is kind of boring. However, I really like my pearl finish Mark so maybe Ken's just hard to photograph.

No new posts 19-12-2015 06:26 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Ohhhh.....I'm really liking that Joe! Luvu2

No new posts 19-12-2015 16:50 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Those do look cool! I'm not really tempted by inflated prices via Japanese resellers, but if they brought those over to SDCC, I think I know where I'd be heading on Preview Night. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 19-12-2015 at 17:44.
No new posts 19-12-2015 17:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisWThat seller also might be selling them on speculation with the assumption that he'll get ahold of some.

It's possible, but I'm assuming otherwise because the seller said that he already had them "...in stock and ready to ship," and because he lives in Hong Kong, where these are manufactured. It's no secret that collectibles like these frequently make the short walk from Hong Kong factories to somebody's car trunk and then appear on eBay weeks before their official release through proper channels. That's what I'm assuming happened here.

James

No new posts 19-12-2015 17:54 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm guessing you mean Matrix King on eBay, huh? Guess I shouldn't buy from him? Smile

No new posts 19-12-2015 23:50 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I'm guessing you mean Matrix King on eBay, huh? Guess I shouldn't buy from him? :)

The seller I saw listing them was kcmanhk, but the listings have ended. If you wished, you could write to him and see if he has more. Or you can wait until someone else lists them. I'll leave the decision of whether or not you want to get them and who you wish to get them through to you.

And my comments about items making their way from factories to eBay via 'unconventional' routes was not in reference to any specific seller. I'm simply saying that there are plenty of Hong Kong based sellers that take advantage of that particular method, and seeing items like these being sold from Hong Kong before their official release is quite common.

James

No new posts 20-12-2015 02:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The specific seller I saw still has them. Just pondering the ethics implications in my usual overthinking manner. Funny, I'd assumed with the original versions of these figures that the listings I saw ahead of time were speculative listings for people who had pre-ordered. Maybe they were the same thing?

No new posts 20-12-2015 03:49 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: