Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Same song - another verse
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Same song - another verse
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer
Same song - another verse Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well -

Another contract position coming to an abrupt end...

As of Friday, I am down one day job and starting in on the next round of searching in between finishing the academic term and holiday needs.

Looking forward to a mid-month GatchaGathering in La Florida, as that will be after final grade submission - and I have only one new course to get prepped for January (with two repeats - assuming the enrollment numbers are sufficient).

Meanwhile - the resume is spruced up, and I'm haunting the job postings to try to find living wages by the New Year....

At least i can still afford some cheese with the whine... Smile

No new posts 20-11-2014 00:43 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

No new posts 20-11-2014 02:10 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Boeke...my hubby and I are right there with you in the job hunt. I'm tutoring right now just to have something coming in. He has a big interview tomorrow. We could use some prayers...and we will keep you in ours...

Hmmm...wish there was something Gatch related I could do for a job...LOL!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-11-2014 02:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Good luck to both of you! Having been freelance most of my adult life I totally get it. Being between major contracts is always stressful.

No new posts 20-11-2014 05:47 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Keeping you all in my thoughts...Fingers crossed, and toes too.

No new posts 20-11-2014 12:37 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Best wishes for everyone. Why does this always seem to happen at the holidays.

No new posts 20-11-2014 16:03 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So - Springie... How did the interview go?

Fingers crossed - prayers uttered...

I've got nothing so far... and with holidays, either the decision makers will have lots of time (and need to fill budget lines before they get cut next year) or no one will be around to do any serious interviewing. I'm betting on the second... <bleaugh>

No new posts 20-11-2014 22:53 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Boeke,

What kind of work are you looking for? I'll keep my ears and networks open in case I hear of anything.

Springie, I'd offer the same to you, but I don't think you're local for me like Boeke is... But I will keep everything crossed for you Smile

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 20-11-2014 23:50 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Good luck to all of you.

They keep saying the economy is improving. Then why are so many still trying to find good jobs?

No new posts 21-11-2014 01:56 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
They keep saying the economy is improving. Then why are so many still trying to find good jobs?

Maybe because "they" consider the 1% the only people who matter?

No new posts 21-11-2014 02:15 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"They" are always someone else... Smile

Mylari - I'm Information Technology - all sorts of flavors! Senior level - process/management/mentoring Business Analysis, Database, Application Development - almost everything except serious hardware details.

Willing and able to travel - so it doesn't have to be local local... but it is always nice to see home in the evenings. Smile

No new posts 21-11-2014 02:20 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
So - Springie... How did the interview go?

Fingers crossed - prayers uttered...

I've got nothing so far... and with holidays, either the decision makers will have lots of time (and need to fill budget lines before they get cut next year) or no one will be around to do any serious interviewing. I'm betting on the second... <bleaugh>

Not so well...they didn't say so, but I think they thought he was too old for the job. *sigh* Back to the drawing board...I really don't know what will become of us. Our time is running out...

And yeah, I agree about the holidays. I'm usually very into Christmas,..but this year the holidays suck. I'm wishing they wouldn't come...or else, that they'd get over with quickly...

Thanks for the prayers...please keep us in them! Hope we hear some good news from you, too!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 21-11-2014 at 03:09.
No new posts 21-11-2014 03:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by mylari
Boeke,

What kind of work are you looking for? I'll keep my ears and networks open in case I hear of anything.

Springie, I'd offer the same to you, but I don't think you're local for me like Boeke is... But I will keep everything crossed for you Smile

Thanks for thinking of me, Mylari! I wish you were local, too! Part of our problem here is that we don't have the connections that we had when we lived in Virginia. We are still somewhat new here.

No new posts 21-11-2014 03:45 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Beoke - I'll keep my ears open and see if I hear about anything for you.

Springie - will send good vibes your way!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 21-11-2014 05:59 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*hugs* Springie and Boeke ... Ageism can be a real problem and so hard to prove. Frown I know it's a huge prob in tech in Silicon Valley.

This time of year is definitely a tough one that way. Like Boeke said, either budgets need to be used up and you're lucky to get a piece, or no one's got time or any budget left. I wish the both of you and your families the best of luck. Have y'all tried LinkedIn?

No new posts 22-11-2014 01:41 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, I'm on Linked In and so is my hubby. Not much going on there. We've been using indeed.com, monster.com and craigslist...

No new posts 22-11-2014 04:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah each industry has its best place to look. Keep at it!

No new posts 22-11-2014 06:04 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

Economic depression is world wide phenomenon....
Hope you two would get a good job soon.

No new posts 22-11-2014 19:11 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: