Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Stolen
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stolen
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer
Stolen Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I woke up in the morning by ringing sounds of my cell phone.
It was my husband, he left Korea yesterday to participate a furniture exhibition in Koln, Germany. He designs office chairs.

I answered the phone with exaggerated sweet voice, how's your stay?
But I was greeted by silence.
After a moment he announced that his bag had been stolen.

He had been eating dinner with his colleague, in the outdoor table of an Italian restaurant before he got to the hotel.
A pedestrian suddenly spilled coins on his feet, so he bent over to collect the coins for him. Then, the young guy hooked up his bag on the chair and ran away.

My husband dressed in fine semi-casuals not like backpackers.
And his trunk was a brand new one.
So the thief might regard him as a rich Chinese man who always carries a huge amount of cash.
He served as a UDT SEAL member for three years, he still maintains fine figure and he is tall as 6 ft. He also has very sharp appearance. He believed that these features kept him safe from pocket pickers in France or Italy. And this was 5th visit to the exhibition center in Koln and none of his colleague had encountered a thief so far, so he just thought that German metropolis is a safe place.

In the bag, there were his wallet(It was his birthday present given by me, Paul Smith. It was about $250 Crying2 ), passport, credit card, company credit card, residence ID card, i-phone charger, cash 500 Euro(Given by the president of his company for business trip expenses. Fortunately, the president said he would not charge the lost money to my husband...), personal cash of 200 Euro and........

I should have noticed his voice getting fainter and fainter.

MY Vivienne Westwood sunglasses
MY MISS DIOR miniature perfume set box
MY DIOR fine jewelry set- necklace and earrings.
MY ETRO hairband
MY MAC eye shadow pallet

I used to pester him to get nice gifts for me at the duty free shops whenever he went to business trip abroad, he frequently visits factory in China.
Once the flight time table had been changed, he got a fine excuse to refuse my ORDERS because duty free shop opens just before 30 minutes before the departure time and its gate was too far from the shopping area.

So this time I said him to get to the airport 2 hours before departure time and get all the items he had failed to purchase so far, NO MERCY THIS TIME. I even brought him to the airport limousine bus stop early in the morning yesterday.
Before the flight, he proudly called me that he completed all the missions.
That's why I could receive his call with sweet voice.
But I couldn't scold his carelessness, because if I did, he would counterattack me saying "You should ask my safety first!!".
So I presented him lots of political(??) consolations, but it seemed that I did too much then needed. He ended the phone call saying,

"This is a disaster which had been incubated by your greediness, I'd repeatedly advised not to purchase them at once! Maybe now a girl must be giving out happy screams with her mouth ear to ear!!"

I'd never imagined that scene, it makes me physically sick.
If I were to see her with my accessories, I feel like I could pull out all of her hair.
And my husband's too. Smirk

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rachel on 19-10-2014 at 09:14.
No new posts 19-10-2014 09:00 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh no...so sorry to hear this happened, but glad you husband is okay.

No new posts 19-10-2014 09:24 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry about the theft, rachel, but your husband's wellbeing is the most important thing. Possessions can eventually be replaced, and maybe you can claim the cost of some of the goods on insurance.

Still it's not a good experience for him, and there would still be all the hassle of reporting the theft to the police, and replacement of the legal documents too (passport especially, if only so he can return home again).

Hope everything works out for you both.

No new posts 19-10-2014 10:29 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
RE: Stolen Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rachel A pedestrian suddenly spilled coins on his feet, so he bent over to collect the coins for him. Then, the young guy hooked up his bag on the chair and ran away.

Rachel, I am so sorry this happened to your husband! Unfortunately that is a very common scam in Europe, where someone drops something or shoves their baby at you for you to hold it, then they take your belongings while you're distracted. Like the others said, at least he was not hurt and things can be replaced. It's annoying to need to do that and would make me angry too. I hope the rest of his trip goes smoothly!

No new posts 19-10-2014 12:56 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

Sorry Rachel! Man, nobody enjoys getting robbed, glad your hubby is ok! I hope it doesn't take too long to get his papers in order! Losing your passport is a major hassle and it can take a looming time to get another one! Frown

No new posts 19-10-2014 13:14 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

It's good to know that your husband's okay! Now it's all a matter of taking care of the paperwork and waiting for your husband to be able to move past this unfortunate happening. He'll probably keep asking himself "How could I have let this happen?" or "Why didn't I do that differently?" (Everybody does that...it's just for different amounts of time for different people.) So you had better prepare yourself for him to be a little moody for a little while.

In the meantime, we're here for you whenever you need to vent any frustrations!

No new posts 19-10-2014 14:03 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ugh...so sooty, Rachel! I houe the jerk who stole your husband's bag gets caught! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 19-10-2014 14:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

He headed to Frankfrurt by train to visit Korean ambassy for an instant passport. He is pretty glad that he had been freed from the hard work of decorating the company's booth. And also pleased by my initial responses to the bad news. Robbery is not that common in Korea and having a gun is strictly banned for normal citizens so it was hard for me to consider "safety of his life" first. if a man is killed by gun, it becomes headline top news. Normally this kind of cases are done by professional hunters in the mountains, by mistake. Koreans hardly killed by criminals with guns.

His last comment was half-joke to make me laugh, his voice was just mischievous. He mimicked my tone, because whenever he scolds me I always present provoking excuses to earn spanks. Quiet nice revenge. whoo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rachel on 19-10-2014 at 18:57.
No new posts 19-10-2014 18:44 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Oh man, glad he's okay, and I'm glad that the two of you seem to understand each other. Smile At least he found a bright side in not having to set up the booth!

No new posts 19-10-2014 21:25 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: