Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Mylari's introduction
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mylari's introduction
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer
Mylari's introduction Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone,

I just joined the boards and wanted to introduce myself and let you all know a little about who I am. In my online/fandom mode, I answer to Mylari (there are a few places that I am voltronmylari). As a young girl, I remember getting up in the mornings to watch Battle of the Planets before school. I didn't quite have a crush on Mark (if I was older I would have, but I was too young for that). A few years later, I found Voltron (I did have a crush on Keith). Then I grew up :-( but the 'toons of my childhood were always with me in the recesses of my memories. Fast forward to early spring 2014, and I was watching TV with the hubby, when something we were watching made mention of Voltron. Suddenly feeling nostalgic, I turned to the Internet and became involved in that fandom and even began to write fanfic (this from the girl who would *hated* writing her whole life). Next thing I knew, memories of the G-Force squad kept popping up in my head and my searches broadened to include them. I found a place to watch the old Battle of the Planets eps online and learned about Gatchaman in the process. Around that same time, I had the overwhelming urge to attempt sketching Voltron based images (this from the girl who would swear on her life that she had no talent at all) and found that I could actually do something that vaguely resembled what I wanted it to look like. Now I am spreading my wings so to speak and including BotP/Gatchaman in my creative experiments. I've also recently watched the original Gatchaman eps and Gatchaman II, but haven't been able to find Gatchaman F with subtitles so that's still on my "to watch someday" list.

I'm sure there's lots more I could tell you about me, but for the life of me, I can't think of anything else to say so feel free to ask me anything.

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 06-09-2014 23:50 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

welcome Mylari, hope you'll feel at home here. we're friendly, if sometimes a little crazy too.

feel free to join in with the forums, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say we'd be interested in seeing some of your creations, art, fanfic, or anything else you'd like to share with us.

No new posts 06-09-2014 23:59 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nice to meet you! I had a crush on Mark and on Keith. Smile When I was reading Gatch fanfic on archiveofourown I got sucked into reading Voltron lion fanfics so I hear ya. Then around last Christmas I found out that the whole GoLion (with English subtitles) series was on mega-sale so I got that and started watching it. Just like BOTP -> Gatch, Voltron -> GoLion is quite the darker leap, though Voltron does tend toward a little sillier with the mice and stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your stories and images! I've been practicing my drawing lately, myself, and it does get better if we keep at it!

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Wave2 Welcome! I hope you'll join in with the general insanity here. And, don't worry, we don't bite (unless you want us to!) And if anybody does bite, don't worry -- we've all had our shots!

You'll find a lot of people have Gatch F on their "To Watch Someday list" because the subtitles haven't been done yet. Subbing Gatch II and Gatch F has been a fan-based endeavor, so it's going to be a while before new eps are ready to watch. (That darned thing called "Real Life" keeps interfering!)

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Somebody here will surely have the answer! (We have at least one living encyclopedia of everything anime -- especially Gatch!)

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am on both Archive of Our Own and fanfiction.net as mylari. So far I only have Voltron (lion force - not a fan of vehicle or any of the other incarnations) fics up, but am currently working on planning out a Voltron/BotP crossover fic and I have an idea for a BotP fic that I want to try and knock out since the other one is snowballing out of control at the moment. I have a few sketches of Keith and one of Mark so far that I can share, but I am not sure how. I will most likely create a deviant art account at some point, but I was waiting until I had time to properly scan the images (instead of using pics I took from my phone) before I do that. Is there a way to embed them in a message here?

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:14 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You'll need an account with Photobucket, but it's all easy to do. Here's a tutorial Springie posted not too long ago that explains how to insert pics from Photobucket:

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=4671&sid=

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:21 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, EW's got the good advice there, I put my stuff on DeviantArt in general but to share here I put it in Photobucket because they make it so easy.

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:24 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ohhh I already have a photobucket account! Let's try the Mark/Ken sketch and see if it works. Can share the Keith pics too if anyone is so inclined to see them. Remember, before July I would swear that I couldn't draw to save my life, so be gentle...

No new posts 07-09-2014 00:51 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by mylari
Remember, before July I would swear that I couldn't draw to save my life...

Oh, REALLY? This sketch would make a liar out of you! It's far better than what I could do (unless you're into abstract stick figures.)

No new posts 07-09-2014 01:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Until I had this sudden uncontrollable urge to try a picture of Keith (the first one ended up looking like a weird chibi) I didn't think I could do more than stick figures either. Let's just say I was pretty shocked when I finished my first sketch and actually looked at it. *lol* I did a few more of Keith after that and they are better, still a long way to go (I'm a perfectionist and am never truly happy with anything I turn out). This is the only gatch related pic I've done so far. I'd post the Keith ones, but not sure Voltron characters are really appropriate.

No new posts 07-09-2014 01:21 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Hello and welcome! Groupwave
It's great to have another writer/ artist on board! I'd say that's an amazing first attempt at Mark! My first attempts weren't as recognizable! You definitely have artistic talent and I hope you will do more pics! Please do start a deviant art page...I am " springie" over there, too.

Voltron came on when I was in High School, and I felt funny watching it ( like I was too old), but I loved it! So I guess that makes me a closet Voltron fan! I couldn't help but notice the resemblance it had to BOTP, and for that reason, I watched it every morning!

I drew a picture that I think you will like, but I can't share it here yet...

Good to have you here!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-09-2014 01:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

G'day welcome to amazing group of people

Oh?!.....Bugger, I can't remember if I've had my shots!
LW wanders off again

No new posts 07-09-2014 01:46 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf
Oh?!.....Bugger, I can't remember if I've had my shots!
LW wanders off again

You probably don't remember 'cause we had to hit you with a couple of tranquilizer darts first, LW. Smile

No new posts 07-09-2014 01:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie,

I've seen some of you work & it's fantastic. I've only been sketching/drawing since July. My son (who just turned 17 - where did the time go?) on the other hand is a fantastic artist. So are my dad & his brother. I always thought it either skipped a generation or was carried on the Y-chromosome *lol*. Maybe I just needed the right inspiration. I have the urge to try Jason/Joe right now, so maybe I will have something to post later on. (I'm not the most patient person and I get frustrated easily, so we will see how it goes.) I don't have/know how to use any PC art software, so all I have are pencil sketches and things that I colored with colored pencils. I do have one I did recently (ok everything I have done is recent) of Keith in an ice hockey helmet & jersey. It goes with a story I need to finish for a Voltron challenge that I issued and then missed the deadline on - oops! lol

It's so nice to meet everyone! - gonna go work on drawing jason/joe or maybe mark/ken in birdstyle, or I could write the story that was filling my head this afternoon... ack... the muse is on overdrive!

No new posts 07-09-2014 02:20 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, Mylari! I started drawing in much the same way that you did...and once the muse started, it never really stopped! If you look waaay back on my Deviant Art page, I started with no software and pencils/colored pencils. A lot of kind people stepped in to give me advice once I got Photoshop. I could still use more tips...but I'll just keep plugging away and hopefully improving as I go.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pics (including the Voltron ones)! Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-09-2014 02:49 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I decided not to wait until I got around to doing proper scans of my pictures & started my deviant art page. It's under the name voltronmylari & i've put up a few things so far. Will see which images are on the ipad and iphone so I can upload them tonight too. Then I think a pencil & paper are calling me. Story writing will have to wait...

No new posts 07-09-2014 02:56 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wait until you see my earlier mutant-like attempts at Mark/Ken, you did great! I'd like to see your Voltron stuff too. Smile

No new posts 07-09-2014 03:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks again everyone - I feel a lot less self-conscious about my artwork now. I've just put up what I have digital images of on deviant art. Eventually I will scan them so they are better quality than my badly lit photography allows them to be.

Mylari's Deviant Art page

No new posts 07-09-2014 03:34 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I just checked out your page and added you as a friend there- Nice drawings! I left you some comments, too...

No new posts 07-09-2014 05:46 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I did too, I'm Pandorana9 ...

No new posts 07-09-2014 06:35 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: