Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Gatchaman Movie Home Video Release Update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Movie Home Video Release Update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Movie Home Video Release Update Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Vap has updated the information regarding their upcoming release of the live action Gatchaman movie, providing more details about what will be on the bonus features disc.

That disc will have "...more than 100 minutes of bonus features!" These will include:

A "Making of" video titled "The Bonds of the Five People"

Two "How Gatchaman Was Made" videos; a "G Suits Edition" and a "Visual Effects Edition"

A collection of the promotional videos, theatrical trailers, and TV spots

The five "Good Morning Ninja Team Gatchaman" episodes that aired on the "Zip!" morning show the week before the movie premiered, guest starring Tori Matsuzaka and Go Ayano as themselves.

The "Movie Good Morning Ninja Team Gatchaman" short that ran before the movie during its theatrical release.

Also included will be a booklet on the movie.

People who purchase the movie in brick-and-mortar stores in Japan will get an additional bonus; a set of 5 "Planning Design Visual Sheets." These sheets have small selection of some of the preproduction design images created for the movie. Four of these sheets will be the same wherever the movie is bought, but Tsutaya, Tower Records, and Yodobashi Camera stores will each have their own unique fifth sheet. Here's what the sheets will look like:

While I know that plenty of people here were hoping that they'd decide to include an English subtitle option for the film, it does not look like that will happen.

As I said earlier, the movie will be released on home video in Japan on March 5th. The Blu-ray release will retail for 6,090 yen, and the DVD release will retail for 5,040 yen, and can be preordered from places like Amazon Japan or CD Japan.

James

No new posts 12-02-2014 17:20 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disappointed about no subtitles but what nice "extras"! Maybe we will get a fan subtitled version someday... Spin1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-02-2014 19:45 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree on the nice list of extras, that's quite a collection! Too bad about the subtitles. :/

When one of my Gatch purchases arrived from Japan, the ebay seller had included a little note saying that as an anime fan, he thought it was great that people outside Japan were also fans. I thought that was very sweet. Smile

No new posts 13-02-2014 00:11 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Subtitles would have been nice. Oh well.

I'd love to see those promotional cards enlarged for the detail. Is that possible, James?

Thanks for sharing!

No new posts 13-02-2014 02:00 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I'd love to see those promotional cards enlarged for the detail. Is that possible, James?

At this point, no. None of the websites for the individual shops has any mention of the sheets -- probably because they will only be available in store locations and not through their websites. Vap isn't making them large and clear because they want you to go to the stores and buy the movie, not snagging the images from their website.

Once the movie is released to stores, it is likely that some of those sheets will end up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and we might be able to get clear pictures of them then.

James

No new posts 13-02-2014 05:17 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for the update, James!

I guess I'll be waiting for a bootleg version in China again to get those English subtitles...

No new posts 13-02-2014 14:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Thanks for the update, James!

I guess I'll be waiting for a bootleg version in China again to get those English subtitles...

Isn't that the truth.

No new posts 13-02-2014 20:48 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for sharing, James! Waiting for English subtitles it is!!

No new posts 16-02-2014 14:12 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Thank you for the update James. Now to try and find a price converter. Maybe I can get my buddy to find me one over there

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 24-02-2014 12:08 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

With the home video release coming up, oh, tomorrow, Vap has arranged a collaboration between two of their properties to help promote the release. You see, Vap has an online humor series called "Ponkotsu Quest," where villain characters from a fictitious RPG video game will relax during their off hours and grumble and complain about their workaday life, just like the rest of us.

In their latest installment, two of the characters are about to go on a "business trip," where they are to lend their support to Gallactor in their battle against Gatchaman. A Gallactor soldier is meeting with the characters to give them a rundown of who the members of Gatchaman are, and their relationships with each other. It all gets a bit confusing for the characters, and it ends pretty much how most Gatchaman-versus-Gallactor battles do, but not without the Gallactor soldier mentioning that the movie is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray!

It's all a bit silly, is entirely in Japanese, and runs 4 minutes, but if you want to see it, it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pd_joilLC0

James

No new posts 04-03-2014 01:57 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I found this to be kind of cute. Thanks, James!

No new posts 04-03-2014 02:27 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ha! Very cute! Thanks James! Roll

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-03-2014 04:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gus gus is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-12-2009

spacer

I received my blu-ray of the movie today from amazon.co.jp. It's way better than I had imagined (after reading some mediocre reviews). I don't understand a word of Japanese, but it was easy to follow and there's actually some dialogue in English.

Gus

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gus on 11-03-2014 at 06:16.
No new posts 11-03-2014 06:12 gus is offline Send an Email to gus Homepage of gus Search for Posts by gus Add gus to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the mini-review, Gus! I agree, I was able to follow most of the movie, but I still have a lot of plot-related questions. So yeah, I'm still searching for those elusive English subtitles...

No new posts 11-03-2014 13:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

It took less than a week, but the first of the non-Japanese releases of the movie appeared on eBay last night -- this one from Taiwan. Sadly, the only subtitle option on this particular release is in Chinese. So, while the movie can be yours for a mere $22.99 ($19.99 for the disc, $3.00 for shipping), this one won't do you much good if you're looking for the movie with English subtitles. I'll keep watching for one that fills that requirement, and will let you know when I see one. Regardless, the film is starting to appear from the usual Chinese sources, so it should just be a matter of time.

James

No new posts 11-03-2014 15:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, James! I'm keeping an eye out on Amazon for something similar (which is where I found the Yatterman movie from China with English subtitles).

No new posts 12-03-2014 00:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Am already rubbing my hands!

No new posts 12-03-2014 17:34 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Thanks, James! I'm keeping an eye out on Amazon for something similar (which is where I found the Yatterman movie from China with English subtitles).

Great! When you see one there, let us know! Or perhaps one will turn up online somewhere else. At some point, it will appear! It's really only a matter of 'when,' not 'if.'

James

No new posts 12-03-2014 17:35 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Okay, the first eBay listings for DVDs of the Gatchaman movie with English subtitles have now appeared on eBay. As of when I'm writing this, there are three listings for them (Here, here, and here), though I'm sure there will be more in the immediate future. This particular version is coming from Malaysia. I have not seen this release, so I have no information on the quality of the translation. Likewise, I have not dealt with any of the sellers, so I cannot recommend one over another.

So, if you've been waiting for a version of the movie with English subtitles, they are now out there.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 21-03-2014 at 00:52.
No new posts 19-03-2014 07:25 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Thanks, James! I'm sure some people have been sitting at their computers, coiled and ready to pounce on such an offer!

No new posts 19-03-2014 12:38 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: