Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Well... P**P!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Well... P**P!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer
Well... P**P! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

1) I'm fine....
2) the Harley which impacted my car is not...
Neither is the back driver side of my car!
3) the Harley rider ended up in the intersection flat on his back....

Sheeeeeeesh! What a way to end a Friday the 13th!

No new posts 14-12-2013 00:44 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Eek!!! Glad to hear you're fine, and hopefully the Harley rider is gonna be okay, too. As much as no one relishes paying the deductible and higher insurance prices of a wreck, it's worth a moment of gratitude to remember that today cars (dunno about bikes) are designed to absorb the impact themselves instead of transmitting all of the badness onto you.

No new posts 14-12-2013 00:49 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

1) Good to hear! Spin4
2 & 3) If the Harley driver was doing something stupid -- HAD IT COMING! (Though it would have been better if Fate had used some other car!)

No new posts 14-12-2013 00:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Glad you're ok, Boeke, fingers crossed the rider will be too.

hope you can get your car fixed quickly too...

No new posts 14-12-2013 00:53 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just Friday early evening traffic - flying too fast and close to my bumper as I see the light turn yellow...

Saw the movement in the rear view mirror as the rider swerved so I took my foot off the brake, but the impact still pushed my car into the intersection over the crosswalk and the bike ended up to the side of the driver's side of the car...

Mostly frustration on my part - I heard the impact more than felt it.

Bike rider wasn't wearing a helmet (they are not required by law in Florida) but was wearing a knit cap looking like a raccoon... Motorcycle riders are also exempt from carrying insurance...

So - we'll see what results. Hopefully (as I did not receive a citation) there will be little to no impact on my insurance...

Coming at the end of a stressful semester - tons of grading to complete, and a hectic work schedule... with parents arriving in a week.... well.... Smile

No new posts 14-12-2013 01:00 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Boeke, good to hear you are okay. Sorry to hear that your day had to end is such a terrible way though.

I hope the rider will be okay and that you are able to get your car repaired quickly or get a replacement to use while your parents are visiting.

No new posts 14-12-2013 01:16 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi CD...

Parents are bringing their own (new) car - so have transportation while they are here... Won't know until at the earliest tomorrow - and more likely Monday about the car repair timeframe and cost.

Not the way I want to spend the holidays!

Now I wish we had more cartoon lives... everyone survives and does well...

Big Grin

No new posts 14-12-2013 01:23 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ugh, no helmet AND no insurance??? FL really needs to get with the program.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 14-12-2013 at 01:25.
No new posts 14-12-2013 01:25 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh dear...*hugs* Boeke...hope it doesn't impact your insurance and hope everyone was ok. Tomorrow has got to be a better day...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-12-2013 01:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Ugh, no helmet AND no insurance??? FL really needs to get with the program.

No, but they do have a FESTIVUS pole and a Nativity in their rotunda. Florida is one really weird state.

Glad you are okay Reboekah… and no insurance? Heck, maybe you'll end up owning the Harley. Glad the rider is okay too, and maybe got some sense knocked into him and starts protecting what little brain he seems to possess...

No new posts 14-12-2013 12:54 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad you're okay, Boeke! That's the most important thing. You owuldn't want to be spending Christmas in the hospital, as the Harley driver might very well be doing.

It wasn't your fault. These things happen. That's why we have insurance. Huggles

See if our insurance company will pay for a rental car while yours is being repaired, to minimize the impact as much as possible.

No new posts 14-12-2013 16:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Just Friday early evening traffic - flying too fast and close to my bumper as I see the light turn yellow...

Saw the movement in the rear view mirror as the rider swerved so I took my foot off the brake, but the impact still pushed my car into the intersection over the crosswalk and the bike ended up to the side of the driver's side of the car...

Mostly frustration on my part - I heard the impact more than felt it.

Bike rider wasn't wearing a helmet (they are not required by law in Florida) but was wearing a knit cap looking like a raccoon... Motorcycle riders are also exempt from carrying insurance...

So - we'll see what results. Hopefully (as I did not receive a citation) there will be little to no impact on my insurance...

Coming at the end of a stressful semester - tons of grading to complete, and a hectic work schedule... with parents arriving in a week.... well.... Smile

I'm glad you're okay, Boeke.

If it's a Federal law our cars have to have airbags, then it should be a Federal law motorcycle riders have to wear helmets. It's the only safety measure they have. It might save their lives.

And what idiot decided they didn't have to have insurance? So the rest of us who had to prove we had insurance when we bought our vehicle have to have our premiums increased in order to pay for them?

Oh, sorry. Wrong insurance.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 14-12-2013 at 16:20.
No new posts 14-12-2013 16:18 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think it's safe to say we all agree that this is one instance where the "f" in Florida could just as easily stand for another, often bleeped-out word!

Still, Boeke, I hope you're spared a lot of aggravation!

No new posts 14-12-2013 18:43 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Boeke, glad to hear you're ok! Huggles

No new posts 14-12-2013 18:51 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for all the sympathy and well wishes!

Took the car in for the repair esitmate this morning - I may be out the deductible - but I will be getting a rental for at least the work week. Parents will be here on Friday evening and I don't need to go to work until the following Thursday - so I may return the rental and save my 20% cost of that convenience - and may be able to swing working from home on the Thursday/Friday as well (which would be NICE)

At this point, the car is in the shop, I am feeling fine, the process is grinding along, and I am grateful to be in one piece.

No new posts 14-12-2013 18:56 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's not just your life with brain injuries. You can have permanent brain damage that can change your entire personality, or make you a vegetable, or screw up your memory, or leave you with countless other cognitive deficiencies.

I suppose it's amazing that our generation survived at all, isn't it? Wink

No new posts 14-12-2013 20:44 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Update...

Just received the notification that the HD rider has filed against my insurance for bodily injury...

I'm not certain how I feel about that...

We'll have to see how the insurance company handles the investigation.

No new posts 19-12-2013 00:22 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Personally, I'm miffed about that. I don't know how it would work in Florida, but in Indiana, he would have been found at fault, since he was driving too close behind you. (Not to mention he would have been required to have insurance!) So, his action would have been for naught here.

I hope this doesn't end up giving you grief!

No new posts 19-12-2013 00:32 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Crossing fingers that they investigate and toss out the claim. The problem is that since he's not forced to have insurance, the only way to pay for his medical costs is to file against you, so it creates a situation where motorcycle riders without insurance file claims against people who aren't at fault at all. Bleh.

No new posts 19-12-2013 02:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Over here, the biker wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but then he would have been treated under the NHS anyway, so his only claim would be for the cost of repairs to his bike.

Personally I think he should be glad he's still alive!

No new posts 19-12-2013 07:36 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: