Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Storms
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Storms
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer
Storms Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For all my friends here in the Midwest, yes I am looking at you EW, better hang on, looks like we're in for a bumpy ride…

Currently, just a wind advisory for me, but I am making sure I have flashlight batteries for work tonight.

Tornado Watches in November, who'dve thunk???

No new posts 17-11-2013 17:26 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Eeeek, hope everyone stays safe.....

No new posts 17-11-2013 17:33 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Let us know you're ok!

No new posts 17-11-2013 17:52 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Stay safe everyone!

No new posts 17-11-2013 18:04 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I survived a night-long bout with torrential rain...I managed to make a quick trip to the grocery store during a lull. (The golf course at the city's country club is now one huge water trap.) Now I'm hunkering down for the next round -- the batch of storms expected to bring high winds and possibly a tornado or two. (Okay, whoever is in charge of generating the weather 'round here needs to be FIRED!)

K2 -- I hope you were looking AFTER I got dressed!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 17-11-2013 at 18:20.
No new posts 17-11-2013 18:17 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Saw they had to evacuate Soldier Field in Chicago. One town looks as if its been wiped off the map, Washington, IL.

Everyone in the line of fire - keep your heads down. Thinking of you.

No new posts 17-11-2013 19:04 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Glad everything's okay, EW!

No new posts 17-11-2013 21:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm not out of the woods yet! Here's some pics of tornado damage so far; this line of storms is about a half hour away as I'm posting this.

http://www.whas11.com/news/slideshows/PH...c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

No new posts 17-11-2013 21:53 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Dodged a bullet! The worst of it stayed to the north and south -- I just got some more rain. (We didn't even need much wind to do some serious harm, since the ground here is so saturated from last night's rain...the trees are ready to fall over at the smallest breeze.)

No new posts 17-11-2013 23:05 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad everything is ok, EW. This country has the worst weather in the world.

No new posts 18-11-2013 01:04 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I was flipping channels at one point and came across tornado footage, ouch. Hope everyone and their loved ones are okay!

No new posts 18-11-2013 01:05 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I saw footage of the rain and lightning at Soldier Field in Chicago. That was nasty.

Hope every stays safe.

No new posts 18-11-2013 02:22 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Got to work at 4 pm under a Tornado Watch, by 7:15 the Watch became a Warning and they sounded the alarms. Lucky for me I was in the break room eating my dinner so I got to stay put, but folks had to heard customers into the classrooms.

Stockroom workers got to continue on as well.

Just got home around 11 pm and everything is quite except my front window has blown open, got a dodgy latch.

Glad everyone else is okay.

No new posts 18-11-2013 04:06 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Glad to hear your experience was mostly inconvenience, k2.

No new posts 18-11-2013 04:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

sounds like you got off lightly, K2, I've seen pics of some of the devastation and it looked really nasty.

I'm glad everyone is ok though.

No new posts 18-11-2013 09:00 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good to hear you're okay, k2!

I find it miraculous that there have been so few deaths, especially after seeing some of the footage. One comment that's been made repeatedly on the local stations is how much the towns that have been hit look like Henryville a couple of years ago.

No new posts 18-11-2013 14:13 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They gave a day or two's warning it was going to be bad, so I believe people took precautions. In some cases, I don't think it made a difference what you did.

No new posts 18-11-2013 21:57 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Wishing all those in natures way a safe passage!

seems the weather is a bit crazy everywere, we are having storms every second day, they don't last long (about 30min),

In the last 2 weeks we have had to evacuate work cause of bush fires and the park has been shut down early on 3 occasion cause of massive storms, two days ago we got sudden hail and category 2 winds ( lasted about 15 minutes ) the ground was covered in golf sized hail and leaves, we got as many customers into the shops as possible and kept them entertained as we waited it out, half an hour up the road they got a little rain (go figure)

I know it doesn't compare with what is happening in US but it's very unusually for this early on in the season (usually Dec-Jan) and a fair bit more intense than we are use to this end of the coast and they are predicting more.

This time of the year we should be sweltering in 30+ decree temp and humidity not carrying umbrellas and light jumpers.

anyway wishing you all safety

No new posts 20-11-2013 08:44 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good to hear from you, LW!

I hope things settle down for you -- even though there hasn't been the kind of destruction in your neck of the woods, it's still a sign that climate change is real and will be a serious part of our lives for years to come.

No new posts 20-11-2013 14:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Brush fires and forest fires are horribly destructive in their own right, but unlike tornados, they are actually part of the cycle of rebirth. They've learned a lot about that at Yellowstone. Doesn't mean those affected by the fires think they're a good thing.

No new posts 20-11-2013 22:55 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: